Hello newbie here

iffatwrites4u

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes I really feel that buyers need to behave nicely with us. They may forget it is sellers business and we own it. We are not their employee. We work on Fiverr and Fiverr cut the commission

Yeah, its right without buyers how can we run our business. that doesn’t mean they will just behave with the sellers as an employee.

I got a really harsh experience from one of my buyers 😦

I had same cases with some buyers I reported them to fiverr CS sometimes they blocked there account sometimes they did not take any action! and replied like we can not force buyer to cancel order etc.

I just cancel one because his behave and said take your order back. He replied this seller is terrible, coward. 😃

On 3/4/2018 at 11:55 PM, iffatwrites4u said:

I just cancel one because his behave and said take your order back. He replied this seller is terrible, coward.

mostly new buyers do this .In past year i had 2 buyers like that .First i tried to communicate with him like you should learn some manners and of speaking and discipline and then i take screen shot

tried to mutual cancel some times they do sometimes they declined .They unfortunately i need to knock the door of CS team 😃 to block them and cancel the order

while having this issue 1st time with me in 2015 😃 i just got panic and said my client i through $$ on your face then i realized i did wrong and then i tried to change my way of communication 😃

• 1 month later...
Guest offlinehelpers

Have you got a blog to promote your article and blog post writing services. ☀️

If you haven’t it would be a great time to start one!

I note that in one of your responses to a review you note that an article can’t have grammatical errors because you used Grammarly premium to check it. This will definitely turn away potential buyers, since Grammarly is by no means perfect, and does not correct all grammatical errors. Because of the limitations of the software, it sometimes even turns proper grammar into something incorrect.

If you’re relying on a software to proofread your writing instead of just having that knowledge on-hand, that might be a problem and could prevent you from reaching buyers.

I note that in one of your responses to a review you note that an article can’t have grammatical errors because you used Grammarly premium to check it. This will definitely turn away potential buyers, since Grammarly is by no means perfect, and does not correct all grammatical errors. Because of the limitations of the software, it sometimes even turns proper grammar into something incorrect.

If you’re relying on a software to proofread your writing instead of just having that knowledge on-hand, that might be a problem and could prevent you from reaching buyers.

you used Grammarly premium to check it. This will definitely turn away potential buyers

That answer would definitely turn me off it. Saying Grammarly is not perfect is a real understatement. It is a small step up from Word but nothing more.

So if someone writes for a living they aren’t aware of the rules of correct grammar? It seems like a basic requirement.

Being aware of and applying them every time are two different things.

You think you are reading proof, whereas you are merely reading your own mind; your statement of the thing is full of holes & vacancies but you don’t know it, because you are filling them from your mind as you go along. Sometimes–but not often enough–the printer’s proof-reader saves you–& offends you–with this cold sign in the margin: (?) & you search the passage & find that the insulter is right–it doesn’t say what you thought it did: the gas-fixtures are there, but you didn’t light the jets ~ Mark Twain

Being aware of and applying them every time are two different things.

You think you are reading proof, whereas you are merely reading your own mind; your statement of the thing is full of holes & vacancies but you don’t know it, because you are filling them from your mind as you go along. Sometimes–but not often enough–the printer’s proof-reader saves you–& offends you–with this cold sign in the margin: (?) & you search the passage & find that the insulter is right–it doesn’t say what you thought it did: the gas-fixtures are there, but you didn’t light the jets ~ Mark Twain

Exactly. God forbid there’s a human element in there. As soon as robots start writing I’m out of a job.

Wouldnt go that far, even Mark Twain recommended getting a proofreader. Clearly wasnt a fan of Grammarly either.

Here is how Mark Twain felt about proofreaders:

Dear C & W:

I give it up. These printers pay no attention to my punctuation. Nine-tenths of the labor & vexation put upon me by Messrs. Spothiswoode & Co consists in annihilating their ignorant & purposeless punctuation & restoring my own.

This latest batch, beginning with page 145 & running to page 192 starts out like all that went before it — with my punctuation ignored & their insanities substituted for it. I have read two pages of it — I can’t stand any more. If they will restore my punctuation themselves & then send the purified pages to me I will read it for errors of grammar & construction — that is enough to require of another who writes as legible a hand as I do, & who knows more about punctuation in two minutes than any damned b*****d of a proof-reader can learn in two centuries.

Dear C & W:

I give it up. These printers pay no attention to my punctuation. Nine-tenths of the labor & vexation put upon me by Messrs. Spothiswoode & Co consists in annihilating their ignorant & purposeless punctuation & restoring my own.

This latest batch, beginning with page 145 & running to page 192 starts out like all that went before it — with my punctuation ignored & their insanities substituted for it. I have read two pages of it — I can’t stand any more. If they will restore my punctuation themselves & then send the purified pages to me I will read it for errors of grammar & construction — that is enough to require of another who writes as legible a hand as I do, & who knows more about punctuation in two minutes than any damned b*****d of a proof-reader can learn in two centuries.

It’s easy to criticize others’ abilities, is it not? Have a great day.

Dear C & W:

I feel that way about people I hire sometimes too.

Mark’s superior linguistic skill is a more verbose way of expressing the 💩head that I utter.

The fact I (and he) continue(d) to hire people says more about what I (and he) really believed.

I feel that way about people I hire sometimes too.

Mark’s superior linguistic skill is a more verbose way of expressing the 💩head that I utter.

The fact I (and he) continue(d) to hire people says more about what I (and he) really believed.

It sounds like the publishers foist proofreaders on him, much to his vexation.

Seems like he is speaking about specific proofers though, not in general. His rant at the end is more general but based upon his feelings about “Messrs. Spothiswoode & Co”

He had his own style of writing including punctuation, which was for effect rather than correctness.

Archived