Hello newbie here

iffatwrites4u

Hello, guys.

Please help me out of it. Actually it has been nearly one month on Fiverr.I just got 2 orders and the buyers appreciated it but now I am just sitting with empty hand with no work.My gigs view, clicks all are getting down.
I am requesting you please can you see my gigs and correct me if I am wrong in anywhere so that my gigs can be sold.
I am thinking that may be I did wrong somewhere in my gigs that is why it’s not getting catchy towards the buyers.
Here is my link (https://www.fiverr.com/iffatwrites4u)
I am looking forward to getting help from yours.I will be thankful.

Thank you

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can find many tips for success by reading these Fiverr forums.

Please understand that you are not the first person to ask for tips and strategies for success. Many people have asked for these things, and have been answered many times. Please take the time to read the answers that have been already been provided to them here on the forums. By doing so, YOUR questions will be answered as well.

We are happy to help new sellers, but it gets tiresome answering these same questions over and over again. It is more effective just to read the tips that have already been shared. 😉 

On 9/7/2017 at 4:33 AM, excelmaster050 said:

I am also didnt get a single order last 7 days.

I am a new seller here, i am waiting for expert advice

There is plenty of “expert advice” already posted on the forum. If you don’t have many sales right now, perhaps now is a good time for you to take the time to read all of that great advice here on the forums. Please take responsibility for your own success and Fiverr knowledge. It’s already available for you to read – you just have to take the time to read it. 😉 

Dear Iffat:

My specialty includes:Article, Blog, Academic and content writing.Please Contact me for the service.

If you look closely, you see the absence of a space between “includes:” and “Article”, and between “writing.” and “Please”.

In my opinion, you can afford no English, grammar, spelling, or punctuation errors in your copy, especially if you are presenting yourself as a writer.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Run down the Improve My Gig Checklist ( 'http://forum.fiverr.com/t/improve-my-gig-checklist/84987` ). You’ve studied Fiverr Academy, listened to Fiverrcast or read the transcripts, studied the offerings on Fiverr in your niche, right?

If I started on this checklist for you…
Smiling in profile Image … No
Professionally dressed in profile image … No
Video in gigs … No
YOU Appear in your video … No
https://forum.fiverr.com/t/ten-tips-to-optimize-your-gigs-create-trust-and-get-sales/165711`
Optimum use of Key Words … NO
Polished English grammar, punctuation, and spelling (try the Grammarly extension for your browser) … NO
Professional-quality copy in your gig description …
3 images in Live Portfolio that are custom to this gig and not just pulled from the web …
Read the Fiverr Terms of Service …
Able to point the Buyer to Appropriate Resources to Minimize Miscommunication / Cancellations …
Able to Communicate Clearly with Buyers …

If you see the sea of acronyms that appear on Fiverr, you may come to agree with me that you should spell them out the first time you use them.

Of course, as an experienced citizen of cyberspace, I am well aware that “SEO” stands for “See Everything Online,” but are your potential Buyers as smart and awesome as I am?

Probably not.

Probably not.

I could write you a poem
And tell you I’m great
But I’ve got to get home
And it’s getting late.*

Good luck,
Blaise

*Somewhere on Earth, it’s getting late. It’s actually morning and I’m already at home, but as a free gift to you, I’m demonstrating the use of “poetic license”, which is a term I know because I got me a college education. See, if I hadn’t explicitly laid out the whole “poetic license” thing, some people reading this post might not realize the whole “take it literally”/“poetic license” dichotomy, and therefore become confused.

There is plenty of “expert advice” already posted on the forum. If you don’t have many sales right now, perhaps now is a good time for you to take the time to read all of that great advice here on the forums. Please take responsibility for your own success and Fiverr knowledge. It’s already available for you to read – you just have to take the time to read it. 😉

Thanks for your suggesition

I will read all expert advice

Ahh, Jon @jonbaas you are always full of good advice and knowledge. Are you sure we are not related? My great grandfather was Peter Bass and Indian Scout for the US Calvary. Maybe he misspelled his name, and it should be Baas? :rofl:

Ahh, Jon @jonbaas you are always full of good advice and knowledge. Are you sure we are not related? My great grandfather was Peter Bass and Indian Scout for the US Calvary. Maybe he misspelled his name, and it should be Baas? :rofl:

Ha! Well, I’ve actually done a great deal of genealogy for my own family, and I have no direct relation to a Peter Bass serving as an Indian Scout in the US Cavalry. However, it is entirely possible that he may be a cousin somewhere in my tree – I haven’t gone through all of my distant extended cousin connections yet. 😉

You will not get order until you change your profile picture. Still, you are using fake picture. In this case Buyer couldn’t trust you 🙂

If a buyer is savvy enough to figure out how to find the origin of a picture, then this could be true. I only found out lately that it was possible.

You will not get order until you change your profile picture. Still, you are using fake picture. In this case, Buyer couldn’t trust you 🙂

Hi there,

I’m also a pretty new seller here. I have some orders, so what is the difference?
Turn the view around, what would you think as a buyer looking for written content?
Here’s what I think about your gig:
You say about yourself you are a professional writer and your gig description look like heartless, no emotion, nothing. Emotions are selling, nothing else. Why should I pick you instead of the other great sellers out there? I’m honest - I can’t find any reason - do you?
All my orders so far (around 30 in roughly a month) are out of the buyer’s requests. I’m checking them, picking those wisely. Think about their needs, what they expect, etc. and come up with an attention grabbing first sentence so you emotionally force them to read! For example, there was a father lately who requested a Harry Potter Photoshop composition including his 4 kids. Headline: HI MUGGLE. From around 50 requests he picked me because of those 2 simple words.
Don’t sit in front of your pc and wait, act!

Matthias

I write blog posts for others on areas of expertise, but I have been known to buy writing from others if I need something in an area I don’t have time to research. What I am willing to pay for blog writing depends greatly on the expertise and skill of the writer. For example, if I wanted to hire a top notch writer with many years of experience and original samples good enough for a high-end influencer blog, it wouldn’t be unusual for me to understand a fee of $25-200 for just 500 words. The range is wide there since professionals still vary a lot and their track records may be quite different too. I would expect a higher end writer to have excellent fluency and readability even in draft and I would expect the delivered article to be perfectly edited and proofed before delivery.

On the other hand, I’ve hired some writers just to help me generate lots of copy for a new site and I haven’t always needed perfection. I still expect the writing to be original and readable, I expect the writer to be fluent in English and check their spelling and simple punctuation, but I’m willing to proof it myself or outsource proofing if I need cheap content. (My degree is in literature, not editing, so I don’t even consider myself to be a great proofeader.) If I’m looking for that kind of low-end content I would expect to pay $5-10 for 500-1000 words. I’ve found some OK writers who weren’t 100% fluent who would write 1500 original words for that amount. Note that I don’t mean encoded or plagiarized material - I don’t pay anything for that.

There isn’t one straightforward answer to your question because of the skill/expertise/fluency factors. I took a look at your profile and you have some fairly major writing errors in your profile and gig descriptions. You have 4 reviews that don’t tell much about you. If you are evaluating what to charge for your own writing, it would have to be very original and you’d need to get someone to help you proof it just to keep some kind of orders coming in. That still might not be enough with the competition here.

Archived