Tips for Newbies [ARCHIVED]

natalieab

Take pride in your work!

Just because you’re only charging $5 for a job, do not perform it haphazardly. Do the best you can do, and always keep the communication channels open. The more you keep in touch with your buyer, the better they understand what kind of work you are really doing for them. Buyers often show appreciation for extra work, whether it be through excellent feedback, or ordering extra gigs for the great work you provided them.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @anarchofighter: I think doing some extra is good and it is ok to mention what extra you have done. I have purchased several gigs from others and all did great jobs and did a little extra. Some mentioned the extra with grace while others practically accused me of being ungrateful if I did not tip them. I think it is good to do some extra’s but not go so far that you will be disappointed if you are not tipped. If your extra’s are mentioned but not asked for, then you are pushing yourself on them. You can mention the extra’s at the start of the gig. If they decline or ignore them, they should only get what they ordered with any extra touch you feel comfortable with. Some people really can not afford extra’s or tips. Respect that. Be clear but not pushy.

Reply to @jasonm: I think this is really good advice. Sellers need to try and be prepared to handle high volumes and keep in contact with buyers, especially if something happens and you are delayed in delivering. Which, since there are no sick days on Fiverr Jasonm is right when he says it will happen at some point! Us seller just need to try our best to deliver “white glove” service.

Guest gigbank

Sometimes it’s good to use other people’s resources to build your sales fast on Fiverr.

I received serious training from a blog site and since then my sales have increased tremendously!!

Hello! I am very new to Fiverr and on my second day, I actually made a sale! I plan to expand my services and to post a video of myself describing what I do. Hopefully that will land more sales.

My one question is, when others e-mail me and are interested in my services, what do I do if they don't order from me, but yet the still want me to provide them with a service. I mean, do I send them a sample of my service before they open an order? I am not 100% how it works. I don't want them to think I'm going to scam them and not come through with their service and just take their money, but I also don't want to spend time providing them with a service for them NOT to pay me. Help please!

my way :

deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver ! deliver !

as fast as you can 🙂

Archived