Tips for Newbies [ARCHIVED]

natalieab

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me first impressions count and good review are essential i am on my fifth gig and make sure it is RIGHT you don’t want to start out with crappy reviews! I have a few people on my writing article and blog commenting gigs that have stated they will come back to me. I also figure that the more i learn about each topic, if it comes up again the time taken to do the gig will be less, I like learning new stuff any hoo!

Dozens of great tips for newbies. Still most of us learn the hard way. One I use during a class I teach at a local college. Here goes; Welcome each new buyer as you would your best buyer. Be pleasant, be professional, be truthful, be accommodating, be generous, be a problem solver, be a good listener, be silent, be amazing and you will, be successful. Have a great 2013!

Reply to @waqasali: I agree with you completely. I’ve always gone into a gig with a positive mentality, appreciating that the customer CHOSE to buy from me over others. I always do my best work and am friendly and helpful. This is a person, after all, not a computer. Sometimes it’s hard for people to remember that, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

My top tip would be to present yourself properly. If you’ve just posted a new gig and have no previous good records or buys, then people aren’t going to think twice about a gig with bad presentation, bad grammar/spelling and poorly laid-out instructions or points. My advice would definitely be to just focus on building gigs that are 100% reader friendly and honest. The better they look, the more people will want to use them, and the faster you can get your feet off the ground.

Archived