Suggestions on enhancing customer communications

paulmaplesden

Follow up

Hi [username],

I was just following up on our earlier conversation to see if you wanted to go ahead with the work? If so, please do book my gig and I will be able to complete your order.

Those are great and are very professional.

I hesitate to contact potential buyers again after our first conversation since it may be seen as spam so I’m not sure about that last message you send to ask if they still want to order. Fiverr is very strict about that.

I hesitate to contact potential buyers again after our first conversation since it may be seen as spam so I’m not sure about that last message you send to ask if they still want to order. Fiverr is very strict about that.

I think it depends on context and how interested they were. I certainly don’t send out messages in bulk - if it looked like they were close to buying I would re-contact them with a quick and polite follow-up. Otherwise, I don’t.

I think it depends on context and how interested they were. I certainly don’t send out messages in bulk - if it looked like they were close to buying I would re-contact them with a quick and polite follow-up. Otherwise, I don’t.

I think it depends on context and how interested they were.

It’s spam and against fiverr’s rules. It doesn’t matter how interested they were.

Doing this can cause your account to be banned, or at least have your ability to send messages blocked.

Fiverr doesn’t play around about this. They just do it. It won’t matter to fiverr how you try to justify it.

I think it depends on context and how interested they were.

It’s spam and against fiverr’s rules. It doesn’t matter how interested they were.

Doing this can cause your account to be banned, or at least have your ability to send messages blocked.

Fiverr doesn’t play around about this. They just do it. It won’t matter to fiverr how you try to justify it.

Can you point me at the specific TOS / policy link please? I don’t want to be going against TOS.

Can you point me at the specific TOS / policy link please? I don’t want to be going against TOS.

Trust me on this. I don’t want to go through all that but I’m not lying. All it takes is one person reporting you for spam and you will regret doing it. You can read TOS yourself or ask customer support.

Trust me on this. I don’t want to go through all that but I’m not lying. All it takes is one person reporting you for spam and you will regret doing it. You can read TOS yourself or ask customer support.

Thanks for the update - I have written to my Customer Success Manager to see if the context I am using to send messages (quick two-sentence follow up with previously interested buyers) is allowed under Fiverr TOS.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I sent a message out to my clients at my one year anniversary thanking my clients for trusting in me for this first year.

I’m also a buyer on this platform and if every seller I’ve dealt with started sending me their anniversary messages then I would report them for spam.

in this age of information overload

If I didn’t give you a permission to send me ads or updates about your gigs, why do you think it’s justified to overload my inbox?

I’d be careful with this recommendations 😉

I sent a message out to my clients at my one year anniversary thanking my clients for trusting in me for this first year.

I’m also a buyer on this platform and if every seller I’ve dealt with started sending me their anniversary messages then I would report them for spam.

in this age of information overload

If I didn’t give you a permission to send me ads or updates about your gigs, why do you think it’s justified to overload my inbox?

I’d be careful with this recommendations 😉

I agree. Please sellers! Do not make these excuses to send spam to anyone.

We all know you are just trying to get more buyers by doing this. It is against the rules.

It is spam no matter how you try to justify it.

And on a similar note, just because you see me on the forum does not mean we are chat buddies automatically. Don’t send me “hi” messages.

I agree. Please sellers! Do not make these excuses to send spam to anyone.

We all know you are just trying to get more buyers by doing this. It is against the rules.

It is spam no matter how you try to justify it.

And on a similar note, just because you see me on the forum does not mean we are chat buddies automatically. Don’t send me “hi” messages.

Just because someone purchased your gig previously does not give a seller the right to contact them again once you deliver the order FOR ANY REASON. NOT EVER.

If you need to ask them a question regarding the order immediately after the order that might be ok. But it must pertain to the order you just delivered.

Keeping in touch with them is not allowed. If they want anything from you, they know where to find you.

• 4 months later...

Archived