Has Anyone Talked To Fiverr CS About When The Dust Will Finally Settle?

ssj1236

Deliver this brochure along with every order you deliver and offer an incentive or something to encourage the buyer to come back to you.

One thing, I would like to ask - If i do send my all services brochures in every delivery - That will not VIOLATE fiverr TOS?

No, it doesn’t violate ToS.

What is important is that you DO NOT send it in messages and you do not put pressure on your buyers.

Include it in the delivery and have a PS at the end of your delivery message saying something like:

PS: I have included my brochure which shows the full range of services I offer and may be of use to you.

Then leave it at that. There is no need to follow up or anything else. If the client is happy with your work then it is likely they will check it out. Remember, many buyers have had bad experiences on Fiverr and when they find someone they can trust they will want to deal with them again instead of going searching for someone else.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it doesn’t violate ToS.

What is important is that you DO NOT send it in messages and you do not put pressure on your buyers.

Include it in the delivery and have a PS at the end of your delivery message saying something like:

PS: I have included my brochure which shows the full range of services I offer and may be of use to you.

Then leave it at that. There is no need to follow up or anything else. If the client is happy with your work then it is likely they will check it out. Remember, many buyers have had bad experiences on Fiverr and when they find someone they can trust they will want to deal with them again instead of going searching for someone else.

Thanks 🙂

the constant changes do make it a risky decision to edit gigs at this point

I think the opposite: If you are not getting any sales from your gigs then what is the risk? In the end, we should make our gigs as good as possible, focused on getting the buyer’s attention and providing a service that they need. Why not try out a new gig? Change up something you already offer, change the title, wording, way it offers, add a really cheap package that you can do quickly, add a high price option with lots more features etc.

Please accept the truth that this search has affected most of us and don’t give to people copy-paste answers like to work hard or to promote the gigs.

Nobody is denying that people are affected by it, but you don’t seem to take into account that many sellers are likely to have been positively affected by it like I was for a couple of weeks. Saying that Jon is giving copy/paste answers indicates that you have seen these suggestions before but your response indicates that you have not understood what is being said. Working hard does not mean just on your orders but on every aspect of your business. If you don’t want to hear someone say “promote yourself” because you don’t want to do it then that’s ok but but that is the only real solution the issue you are complaining about. Take the issue into your own hands because Fiverr will look after their own business and essentially do what it wants now and in the future. Why would you take the risk of relying on someone else when you can rely on yourself?

If I promote my business (it’s a hobby but let’s call it that) outside fiverr and manage to get clients, why should I bring them to fiverr and not deal directly

I think that is a very narrow minded approach. Let’s look at this from Fiverr’s point of view:

If there are two sellers on Fiverr and one of them brings clients from social media, promotions, through their own website etc and the other simply relies on Fiverr to bring them business; which seller would you think Fiverr should favor? I think its obvious that it is the one who brings clients.

Is there any evidence to support this theory?

Well, aside from Fiverr’s repeated requests for people to share on social media, there is also the fact that Fiverr shows us “Social Gig Views” in our gig stats. Now most companies (Google, MOZ etc) tend to show stats related to things that are important to them. If Fiverr is the same then I would suggest that this applies to Social Gig Views and possibly Views too. However, getting loads of views without getting good Conversions would be a bad thing, so there is no point trying to manipulate the system.

As for chargebacks, yeah it is a concern for larger amounts but the reality is that there are very few of these and many people have had positive outcomes. I do a lot of higher value sales and I have had 1 chargeback out of almost 800 sales, many people who have been here for 5 years+ have said they have only had a handful of them. It is hardly worth basing your whole business around the fear of what MIGHT happen. Secondly, just because you don’t have funds in your Paypal account, it does not mean you cannot have a chargeback - your Paypal account can go into negative balance.

I respect your opinion but I don’t think my thinking is narrow-minded. It would have been if I wanted Fiverr to promote my gigs and at the same time complaining about 20%.

Fiverr is right to favor sellers who bring clients to Fiverr, if you read my comment again you’ll find I don’t have any problem with that.

I’m part time seller here and haven’t thought it as a business yet.

But let’s assume it’s my business, I do a lot of marketing and bring clients to Fiverr and generate revenue and now my livelihood depends upon it. Then one day due to any reason my gig gets deleted or account gets banned and I get robotic responses from support. I have seen this happening to even TRS. Now all my business and hard work have crumbled down overnight.

So now I cannot even contact my clients again and have to start all the work all over again. Truthfully, I don’t trust any platform when running a business to keep me secure.

Alternatively, this is what I would do for my business. If I’m that good at marketing, I would create my own website and bring clients there. Keep a record of all the clients in case of any problem so that I can contact them.

I understand business is a risk and you cannot run it in fear but it’s not fear, it’s more like hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I’m not against marketing outside Fiverr to bring clients but I’ve seen so many top sellers advising every new seller to market ouside and I don’t think they understand that not everyone is good at marketing and that is why they come to Fiverr because Fiverr promotes talent.

If I do not have the skill to promote my talent then I’m more than happy to pay someone like fiverr, upwork or any other platform to promote my talent/skill. That is why I’m here nothing else.

You might still think all of this is a narrow-minded thinking but that’s just your opinion, I cannot change that, even if it’s wrong 😄

P.S - I’ve never complained about sales, I had clients before fiverr and hopefully will have, after I stop here.

I think this was an off-topic comment to some extent so feel free to flag or remove it.

I respect your opinion but I don’t think my thinking is narrow-minded. It would have been if I wanted Fiverr to promote my gigs and at the same time complaining about 20%.

Fiverr is right to favor sellers who bring clients to Fiverr, if you read my comment again you’ll find I don’t have any problem with that.

But let’s assume it’s my business, I do a lot of marketing and bring clients to Fiverr and generate revenue and now my livelihood depends upon it. Then one day due to any reason my gig gets deleted or account gets banned and I get robotic responses from support. I have seen this happening to even TRS. Now all my business and hard work have crumbled down overnight.

So now I cannot even contact my clients again and have to start all the work all over again. Truthfully, I don’t trust any platform when running a business to keep me secure.

Alternatively, this is what I would do for my business. If I’m that good at marketing, I would create my own website and bring clients there. Keep a record of all the clients in case of any problem so that I can contact them.

I understand business is a risk and you cannot run it in fear but it’s not fear, it’s more like hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I’m not against marketing outside Fiverr to bring clients but I’ve seen so many top sellers advising every new seller to market ouside and I don’t think they understand that not everyone is good at marketing and that is why they come to Fiverr because Fiverr promotes talent.

If I do not have the skill to promote my talent then I’m more than happy to pay someone like fiverr, upwork or any other platform to promote my talent/skill. That is why I’m here nothing else.

You might still think all of this is a narrow-minded thinking but that’s just your opinion, I cannot change that, even if it’s wrong 😄

P.S - I’ve never complained about sales, I had clients before fiverr and hopefully will have, after I stop here.

I think this was an off-topic comment to some extent so feel free to flag or remove it.

Perhaps narrow minded is the wrong phrase, what I should have said was short-sighted.

If a seller doesn’t want to bring people to Fiverr for whatever reason (and you make valid points) then they really should just accept whatever they get from Fiverr without complaining (not that YOU are). What you get from Fiverr is the ability to pay-as-you-earn which is a huge benefit but there are thousands of sellers for each category all competing for the same jobs. Aside from the quality of service/reviews, there is little to separate many sellers and so I believe that it would make sense for Fiverr to highlight those who bring more to the table.

If I do not have the skill to promote my talent then I’m more than happy to pay someone like fiverr, upwork or any other platform to promote my talent/skill

Promotion is essentially just a mixture of finding those who may want to buy your service and then being able to explain it to them. It is something anyone can do and the reason it is suggested so often is because it is a common sense response to those who are complaining of not having sales. If someone has few orders then they surely have time to do some promotion which will then bring sales. If you have enough clients then sure, don’t promote but the advice is still valid for others.

As for the risk factor, of course there is some risk and I cannot judge those who have had their accounts banned as I don’t know the circumstances. The reason I tend to direct clients to Fiverr is that it helps with conversion rate. While I obviously don’t direct people I know offline to buy from me on Fiverr, those I meet online are more likely to buy from me through a well-known company like Fiverr than my own website. Trust me, getting people to your site is just the first step of selling through a website.

Guest offlinehelpers

Since we are supposed to share our gigs on social media why is the link that fiverr provides to our gigs for this purpose only working for a couple of days?

Hm - don’t know - I only use the link that’s provided for Twitter - I add it to YT video desriptions etc. and it seems to be permanent?

Who else noticed how many 500-word articles have been written on this topic in this post alone?😃. Keep at it y’all; Once it gets to 5k+ words, we’ve got ourselves a bestseller!

Constant posts about how we need to promote our gigs ourselves skirts around the actual question.

Constant posts about how we need to promote our gigs ourselves skirts around the actual question.

Mehn… I liked your initial comment before the edit more. True that, anyway! We’ve gone from “Have you talked with Fiverr, what did they say?” to “Here’s how to promote your gigs…” I’d say it has been quite enlightening, though.

Mehn… I liked your initial comment before the edit more. True that, anyway! We’ve gone from “Have you talked with Fiverr, what did they say?” to “Here’s how to promote your gigs…” I’d say it has been quite enlightening, though.

I’m glad you saw it before I edited it. This is an important question which throws the responsibility right back into the laps of sellers.

I think fiverr does like it and notice when this is done so in that respect it’s good advice.

You know what…those of you who have seen my posts here will have noticed how many times I have said that I am down in the search results, that I will run out of orders in 1 month’s time and will finally have time for other things…I have been saying this for 6-12 months now, and once again I am fully booked for 1 month with to-dos in four figures…LOL…funny.

Guest offlinehelpers

You know what…those of you who have seen my posts here will have noticed how many times I have said that I am down in the search results, that I will run out of orders in 1 month’s time and will finally have time for other things…I have been saying this for 6-12 months now, and once again I am fully booked for 1 month with to-dos in four figures…LOL…funny.

Whatever will be, will be! 🙂

When you are offering $100 worth of excellent work for just $5 you will always be busy.

I dropped the price of my money spell gig and get orders on it again.

But … when that gig was on the second row I got MORE orders for it at $55 than I’m getting now at $10.

When you are offering $100 worth of excellent work for just $5 you will always be busy.

I dropped the price of my money spell gig and get orders on it again.

But … when that gig was on the second row I got MORE orders for it at $55 than I’m getting now at $10.

It’s good, I think. If I have free time, I end up spending it on Twitter and that leaves me completely exhausted. Writing articles is actually relaxing. [Why do you want to do voiceovers? Lot of competition for that]

I hope to build that sort of base soon. Beyond a few regulars that left after I bumped my prices from 1000/$5 to 500/$5, I’ve had most of my buyers with me since January and the new ones also stick around. Unfortunately, I’ve not really had startup bloggers that keep me booked month in, month out. Anyway, I’m only going to be very active here for the next one or two years. Once that period is over and my plans have kicked in, Fiverr will become a secondary earning source like affiliate marketing and other of my online businesses.

It’s good, I think. If I have free time, I end up spending it on Twitter and that leaves me completely exhausted. Writing articles is actually relaxing. [Why do you want to do voiceovers? Lot of competition for that]

[ I like using my voice and am an amateur singer.]

I’m sure you must love writing to do it so much, just as I love casting spells.

I hope to build that sort of base soon. Beyond a few regulars that left after I bumped my prices from 1000/$5 to 500/$5, I’ve had most of my buyers with me since January and the new ones also stick around. Unfortunately, I’ve not really had startup bloggers that keep me booked month in, month out. Anyway, I’m only going to be very active here for the next one or two years. Once that period is over and my plans have kicked in, Fiverr will become a secondary earning source like affiliate marketing and other of my online businesses.

My regular clients are small - midsized business owners, not bloggers. So they are very serious, as you can imagine. Bloggers generally order 1-3 article at a time. My clients order 30-40 a month. You should see yourself as a business writer, not a blogger to have a consistent business as a freelance writer. I have a lot of bloggers ordering and it is always fun working for them, but their business comes once in a while. My best work is for them though.

No, there hasn’t been any updates on the testing, if they are ongoing/complete/taking a break or whatever.

The thing is, no matter what happens in the coming months, there will likely still only be 48 places on the first page and thousands of sellers seeking to get them. Getting to Page 1 is fantastic for those who get it, that is clear and I have seen the difference myself recently before being moved back down the list…

And that’s the thing to take from this whole “experiment”. You cannot and should not rely on search position. Of course, do whatever Fiverr suggests is important and whatever common sense things you see fit to do but the bottom line is that the odds of ranking on page 1 are stacked against the majority of sellers, so why keep rolling the dice?

Take the steps necessary to at least somewhat guarantee your income by taking the matter into your own hands and IF you get page 1 then take it as a temporary bonus regardless of how long (or short) your good fortune lasts.

I don’t think being on the first page is what guarantee sales, else I should be getting all the orders possible.

I really need an answer to this fact that a gig ranks on first page on all search term yet no sales.

My regular clients are small - midsized business owners, not bloggers. So they are very serious, as you can imagine. Bloggers generally order 1-3 article at a time. My clients order 30-40 a month. You should see yourself as a business writer, not a blogger to have a consistent business as a freelance writer. I have a lot of bloggers ordering and it is always fun working for them, but their business comes once in a while. My best work is for them though.

Interesting. I do write for businesses but these are even more inconsistent. Sometimes, they order a bulk of 10 to 15 a month and are off for the next one month or so. Do you pitch ideas to them or they just return of their own volition?

Interesting. I do write for businesses but these are even more inconsistent. Sometimes, they order a bulk of 10 to 15 a month and are off for the next one month or so. Do you pitch ideas to them or they just return of their own volition?

No, I don’t do anything at all, except to do my best with the articles and impress them with my writing skills. I work hard every time and don’t take anything for granted. So even if someone doesn’t like an article, I am still relaxed because I know I have given it my best. [i should stop before someone accuses me of shameless self-promotion.LOL.] [This is one of the rare occasions when I have promoted myself. I generally promote PM Modi around here. LOL]

you are absolutely right bro

Archived