What's your "Contingency Plan" against Fiverr income?

ghemachandar1

If youtube is going down, what makes you think fiverr will not? With so many sellers coming everyday and occasional buyers, well, let’s see what happens in a few years, or months.

If youtube is going down, what makes you think fiverr will not? With so many sellers coming everyday and occasional buyers, well, let’s see what happens in a few years, or months.

I can see how you feel that way as a New Seller. But for established ones new competition may not be a major concern. Despite ‘millions of Gigs’ you find on fiverr, quality professionals are hard to come by and will always be in demand. I can personally vouch for the fact about 90% gigs have no value whatsoever and actually have negative value, insofar, they consume time and effort of the buyers.

What all sellers must be concerned about is the Search positions. Once you lost Gig rankings you lose visibility and orders. Repeat customers can only help you so much.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr is my contingency. You won’t get rich on here, but it keeps things ticking over when it is a little quieter in the real world. I use fiverr when I have a few spare hours in my week and want to earn a little extra cash.

Fiverr is my contingency.

Good point. Personally, I think everyone should have an MTurk account for worst case scenario. (Not that MTurk is bad, but it’s plain hard labour)

I can see how you feel that way as a New Seller. But for established ones new competition may not be a major concern. Despite ‘millions of Gigs’ you find on fiverr, quality professionals are hard to come by and will always be in demand. I can personally vouch for the fact about 90% gigs have no value whatsoever and actually have negative value, insofar, they consume time and effort of the buyers.

What all sellers must be concerned about is the Search positions. Once you lost Gig rankings you lose visibility and orders. Repeat customers can only help you so much.

I actually just created two gigs to see how easy or hard it was to get money, not that I need it because I have a full time job in real life.Im just saying what I think based on youtube, online bussiness tend to decline and shut down. Myspace, hi5, rapidshare, mediafire, and some others have surrender, youtube is next. Big youtubers reported having earned just a 20% of what they used to.

Fiverr is not a full time job nor should it be the main source of income. You see how easy is it to get competition everyday, and regardless of high reputation buyers sometimes look for new sellers who are willing to do more more less, I myself did that in a couple purchases, and now that new seller has like 13 reviews in less than a month.

I’d say being on fiverr is just a hobby, to improve your skills, whoever made this their full time job and speaking of “success” should wake up and realize that life is more than this. People who have real important projects do not come to fiverr, they hire other kind of people to do the work, these buyers are just ocassional buyers who need something quick and cheap.

But I do agree that search positions are important, as important as having a contingency plan (for those who rely of fiverr). But like I said, this is not my job, nor I really need 5 bucks from here, I have a job where I’ve worked for over 4 years and in case it goes bankrupt I have experience 🙂

I actually just created two gigs to see how easy or hard it was to get money, not that I need it because I have a full time job in real life.Im just saying what I think based on youtube, online bussiness tend to decline and shut down. Myspace, hi5, rapidshare, mediafire, and some others have surrender, youtube is next. Big youtubers reported having earned just a 20% of what they used to.

Fiverr is not a full time job nor should it be the main source of income. You see how easy is it to get competition everyday, and regardless of high reputation buyers sometimes look for new sellers who are willing to do more more less, I myself did that in a couple purchases, and now that new seller has like 13 reviews in less than a month.

I’d say being on fiverr is just a hobby, to improve your skills, whoever made this their full time job and speaking of “success” should wake up and realize that life is more than this. People who have real important projects do not come to fiverr, they hire other kind of people to do the work, these buyers are just ocassional buyers who need something quick and cheap.

But I do agree that search positions are important, as important as having a contingency plan (for those who rely of fiverr). But like I said, this is not my job, nor I really need 5 bucks from here, I have a job where I’ve worked for over 4 years and in case it goes bankrupt I have experience 🙂

I disagree with most of what you have said here but will stick to just one point which is related to this:

People who have real important projects do not come to fiverr, they hire other kind of people to do the work, these buyers are just ocassional buyers who need something quick and cheap.

You are basing this on your own experience here and some assumptions (I assume), well here is my experience. I specifically focus on larger jobs from businesses and in the past 6 months I have had a lot of orders of over $100, a good number of orders for over $200, several for over $500 and one for $2500. Each of these businesses were “real important projects”. Sure, a lot of sales are also from people who want something cheap but the days of “everything is $5” are long gone.

PS. I had 10 years experience in the industry I specialized in and it didn’t help me find a job when the company folded. Now I am a freelancer using different skills than my experience would have prepared me for, although there is some crossover.

Regarding the YouTube aspect. YouTubers don’t consider that fact that everyday there are more and more content creators starting out which soaks funds out of the top creators.

Fiverr is a professional marketplace and just as @eoinfinnegan mentioned, the motto of Fiverr being a cheap marketplace was flown out the door as soon as bigger priced packages were invented.

On a side note, people have become millionaires off Fiverr.

Regarding the YouTube aspect. YouTubers don’t consider that fact that everyday there are more and more content creators starting out which soaks funds out of the top creators.

Fiverr is a professional marketplace and just as @eoinfinnegan mentioned, the motto of Fiverr being a cheap marketplace was flown out the door as soon as bigger priced packages were invented.

On a side note, people have become millionaires off Fiverr.

Well, watching youtube videos is free so unless the creator lower his quality there is no reason his viewers would stop watching him. I can just watch as many videos as I please with no cost.

On fiverr instead, people have to pay for stuff, and the more sellers there are, the less orders you may get. To make enough money to live out of fiverr you must give away your social life and health and I dont think that’s worth it honestly. But, to each its own.

mg_advert_depression_comp.thumb.png.e48ec208704e58bf898dada530573ea0.png

Well, watching youtube videos is free so unless the creator lower his quality there is no reason his viewers would stop watching him. I can just watch as many videos as I please with no cost.

On fiverr instead, people have to pay for stuff, and the more sellers there are, the less orders you may get. To make enough money to live out of fiverr you must give away your social life and health and I dont think that’s worth it honestly. But, to each its own.

@oscar_98 From what I heard, those Youtubers who lost their subscribers and got demonetised are those whose content is too controversional and way too offensive. (please do your fact check, don´t take it from me).

@oscar_98 From what I heard, those Youtubers who lost their subscribers and got demonetised are those whose content is too controversional and way too offensive. (please do your fact check, don´t take it from me).

Not really, just some keywords. I myself have a youtube channel about the military, including words such as war, death, demonitizes your video. News reporters have to put in their titles controversial words, they get censured as well.

The thing with online jobs is that you are subject to changes all the time and the only way to find a solution is to send a support ticket. On the real world you can always talk face to face with your boss and see how to deal with problems.

Just by reading recent topics I can tell doers are not happy with support, they complaint of everything, that their gigs arent receiving enough exposure, that buyers are scammers and support side with them, resellers, and perhaps some more.

Not really, just some keywords. I myself have a youtube channel about the military, including words such as war, death, demonitizes your video. News reporters have to put in their titles controversial words, they get censured as well.

The thing with online jobs is that you are subject to changes all the time and the only way to find a solution is to send a support ticket. On the real world you can always talk face to face with your boss and see how to deal with problems.

Just by reading recent topics I can tell doers are not happy with support, they complaint of everything, that their gigs arent receiving enough exposure, that buyers are scammers and support side with them, resellers, and perhaps some more.

@oscar_98 I´m a somewhat new Youtuber (a small one) featuring my dogs. I don´t have thousands of subscribers yet, so I haven´t experienced being demonetized or losing subscribers. (edit: I think my channel would never be demonetized, coz the content is family friendly).

To make enough money to live out of fiverr you must give away your social life and health and I dont think that’s worth it honestly. But, to each its own

I work 4-5 hours per day, you?

To make enough money to live out of fiverr you must give away your social life and health and I dont think that’s worth it honestly. But, to each its own

I work 4-5 hours per day, you?

That’s you, not everyone is as lucky as you are. I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours!

I work 8 hours everyday, from monday to friday and I interact with people face to face which makes life a bit less boring, you know?

That’s you, not everyone is as lucky as you are. I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours!

I work 8 hours everyday, from monday to friday and I interact with people face to face which makes life a bit less boring, you know?

I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours

Until last year, I used to work at least 14 hours a day (no vacations, no weekends) due to the high & constant amounts of work I’d receive, not getting much sleep till the point of getting ill.

However, orders have since decreased every day more and more, and now I’m barely working 1-2 hours if I’m lucky.

So yeah, some work 14hours or more if they have a constant flow of orders.

I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours

Until last year, I used to work at least 14 hours a day (no vacations, no weekends) due to the high & constant amounts of work I’d receive, not getting much sleep till the point of getting ill.

However, orders have since decreased every day more and more, and now I’m barely working 1-2 hours if I’m lucky.

So yeah, some work 14hours or more if they have a constant flow of orders.

I think those working all day on fiverr dont have time for socializing in this forum thats why we dont see them ranting too often.

I think those working all day on fiverr dont have time for socializing in this forum thats why we dont see them ranting too often.

Exactly - that’s the reason why I took a long break of a couple of years on the forum, and now I’m back again.

Exactly - that’s the reason why I took a long break of a couple of years on the forum, and now I’m back again.

But that’s you!

The others are out there, probably working their a$$ off and barely paying rent. Plus, I think those doers are just being exploited.

img.png.6c7ba79c4cb35894b7bf7554d2654a05.png

I think they could make way more money in a real workplace.

But that’s you!

The others are out there, probably working their a$$ off and barely paying rent. Plus, I think those doers are just being exploited.

ea1bba842b1443059218bc864f0435bb22e5826f.png

I think they could make way more money in a real workplace.

I think those doers are just being exploited.

No one forces them to do it. So you can´t say they are being exploited.

not everyone is as lucky as you are

Luck has very little to do with it.

I interact with people face to face which makes life a bit less boring, you know?

Really? I find most office conversations to be the most tedious bores… Each to their own I guess.

Outside of work hours I spend plenty of time with people though.

I disagree with most of what you have said here but will stick to just one point which is related to this:

People who have real important projects do not come to fiverr, they hire other kind of people to do the work, these buyers are just ocassional buyers who need something quick and cheap.

You are basing this on your own experience here and some assumptions (I assume), well here is my experience. I specifically focus on larger jobs from businesses and in the past 6 months I have had a lot of orders of over $100, a good number of orders for over $200, several for over $500 and one for $2500. Each of these businesses were “real important projects”. Sure, a lot of sales are also from people who want something cheap but the days of “everything is $5” are long gone.

PS. I had 10 years experience in the industry I specialized in and it didn’t help me find a job when the company folded. Now I am a freelancer using different skills than my experience would have prepared me for, although there is some crossover.

Absolutely correct. Fiverr is like Twitter, it began with something and evolved into something else. It may have started as a marketplace for medium sized tasks - between penny paying microtasks and high dollared large assignments - it’s no more so. I think when people began to list things like “I will build AWESOME Wordpress website for $5”, Fiverr realized it can expand and play into much bigger market. $5 is what Buyers can buy not Sellers will sell. Sellers offer their services beginning with $5 and they have a whole range of opportunities like Base Price, Packages, Gig Extras, Custom offers and Upsells to go beyond.

With regards to point if a person from first world can make Fiverr his sole income resource: Lets see- U.S. Median household income for 2015 is $56k/year = $153/day = 39*$4 Gigs/day = 10*$16 Orders/day (all approximate). Difficult? Certainly! Impossible? No. It is safe to assume there are a good number of people who make Fiverr their sole source of income and many more has it as their important source.

But like I said, this is not my job, nor I really need 5 bucks from here

You sound so arrogant.

I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours!

LOL…yes, that’s me. Not because I have to pay the rent, because I enjoy it 😎

68802_1.png writer99025:

Hmm, if you enjoy working 14hrs a day… you aren’t just lucky but BLESSED 😂

Archived