What's your "Contingency Plan" against Fiverr income?

ghemachandar1

47855_1.png oscar_98:

I’ve read sellers here saying they work up to 14 hours!

LOL…yes, that’s me. Not because I have to pay the rent, because I enjoy it 😎

Hmm, if you enjoy working 14hrs a day… you aren’t just lucky but BLESSED 😂

Yeah, I mean, I’m only doing what I like, it keeps me busy and productively occupied, and that keeps the brain healthy. [i remember how I used to write essays in a big fat book as a kid, for myself, not as a part of school work, not to show anyone… did so for many years. I do the same now, but get paid for it. What’s not to like 😎 )

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

Yeah, I mean, I’m only doing what I like, it keeps me busy and productively occupied, and that keeps the brain healthy. [i remember how I used to write essays in a big fat book as a kid, for myself, not as a part of school work, not to show anyone… did so for many years. I do the same now, but get paid for it. What’s not to like 😎 )

So long as you’re happy, that’s the main thing! If other people don’t like what you’re doing, it’s their problem, not yours!

I remember how I used to write essays in a big fat book as a kid, for myself, not as a part of school work, not to show anyone

You are gifted at writing 🙂

I remember how I used to write essays in a big fat book as a kid, for myself, not as a part of school work, not to show anyone

You are gifted at writing 🙂

Nah, I’m very good at what I do - writing articles and blog posts. But gifted means being like Michael Lewis, John Grisham or Tom Wolfe…that’s a different thing altogether.

Nah, I’m very good at what I do - writing articles and blog posts. But gifted means being like Michael Lewis, John Grisham or Tom Wolfe…that’s a different thing altogether.

@writer99025 Nah, in my book you are gifted and you sharpen your talents by keep writing, researching and learning. NB: John Grisham is gifted, yes, you are too, but not at the exact same thing.

@writer99025 and @fitrigwrites4u - shall I make a room for you two? (with compliments on the house and all). For this is getting too romantic and heart-melting 😃

I respect @writer99025 very much as a person, not more than that. Just as much as I respect you. 🙂

I have communicated with @writer99025 much longer than I have with you. If I had been communicated with you as long/much as I have communicated with Writer, I would say such stuff to you too.

Well, watching youtube videos is free so unless the creator lower his quality there is no reason his viewers would stop watching him. I can just watch as many videos as I please with no cost.

On fiverr instead, people have to pay for stuff, and the more sellers there are, the less orders you may get. To make enough money to live out of fiverr you must give away your social life and health and I dont think that’s worth it honestly. But, to each its own.

I have heard this repeatedly that with time, more sellers come to Fiverr and that is why each seller gets lesser orders than he used to before (because of competition.

But the point to consider is that, as the number of sellers increase with time, so does the number of buyers.

When I joined Fiverr a year ago, I heard that the marketplace is concentrated, you won’t get orders. But I did get orders and still am getting orders.

So, more the sellers, higher the competition, but meanwhile, more the buyers and so it doesn’t hurt.

@woofy31 Bahaaha! 😂

I respect @writer99025 very much as a person, not more than that. Just as much as I respect you. 🙂

I have communicated with @writer99025 much longer than I have with you. If I had been communicated with you as long/much as I have communicated with Writer, I would say such stuff to you too.

I know, I know, I was just referring to the fact that it started becoming offtopic 😛

I know, I know, I was just referring to the fact that it started becoming offtopic 😛

I know, I know, I was just referring to the fact that it started becoming offtopic, that’s why I offered you a VIP room/suite 😃

Off topic? Off the highways. Everyone spoke about everything except their “Contingency Plan”, lol! 😂

Stop it man, not cool.

@writer99025 I apologize if I chose an inappropriate combination of words - it wasn’t my intention to sound rude or anything like that. I respect you like everyone else in here who has had a dialogue with you. I’ve also edited that comment, if that makes things a little bit better.

With that said, shall we get back on-topic now? 🙂

I have heard this repeatedly that with time, more sellers come to Fiverr and that is why each seller gets lesser orders than he used to before (because of competition.

But the point to consider is that, as the number of sellers increase with time, so does the number of buyers.

When I joined Fiverr a year ago, I heard that the marketplace is concentrated, you won’t get orders. But I did get orders and still am getting orders.

So, more the sellers, higher the competition, but meanwhile, more the buyers and so it doesn’t hurt.

You can be concerned about you competition @capri2794 but needn’t be worried about. Quality sellers are hard to come and as long as you are decently professional, maintain good standards and deliver on time you can expect significant business from repeat buyers.

But search positions on the other hand is what you should be worried about and keep a constant look at. They will decide your fate on Fiverr, to put it bluntly.

@writer99025 I apologize if I chose an inappropriate combination of words - it wasn’t my intention to sound rude or anything like that. I respect you like everyone else in here who has had a dialogue with you. I’ve also edited that comment, if that makes things a little bit better.

With that said, shall we get back on-topic now? 🙂

shall we get back on-topic now? 🙂

Seeing the post above this post, I think we have gotten back on-topic. 🙂

You can be concerned about you competition @capri2794 but needn’t be worried about. Quality sellers are hard to come and as long as you are decently professional, maintain good standards and deliver on time you can expect significant business from repeat buyers.

But search positions on the other hand is what you should be worried about and keep a constant look at. They will decide your fate on Fiverr, to put it bluntly.

They will decide your fate on Fiverr, to put it bluntly.

Does it have to do with algorithm?

66996_1.png fitrigwrites4u:

Well, it has got to do everything with algorithm. I saw excellent sellers lose rankings for whatever algorithmic reason and struggling to get back. For some, this can mean dreams shattered.

94392_1.png ghemachandar1:

Well, it has got to do everything with algorithm. I saw excellent sellers lose rankings for whatever algorithmic reason and struggling to get back. For some, this can mean dreams shattered.

@ghemachandar1 I hope you solve the puzzle of the new algorithm soon.

Life is not just about working all day. There are other activities that can keep you occupied, being with friends, enjoying life, exercising, you know, outdoor activities. I can’t imagine my day spending 14 hours at home just working. It must sound nice to be “productive” but you can’t just let your life drain like that. You seem like a young person and is good that you work hard, but don’t forget other activities, even if you enjoy working all day and night, the human being is a social animal, we need to form relationships to keep balance in our lives.

Firstly, let hope me and the other sellers aim to become financially independent, semi-retired… and have their buckets half filled like you do 🙂 We needn’t get too concerned about algorthmic changes then.

Figuring out algorithm is far, you should see my struggle to get the Gig rankings back. Going from first row of the first page to fourth page is cruel. Thankfully, got some good deals from my repeat buyers and it did not affect me as much as it should. But for others it could have been a death knell.

So how did I get the rankings back? I did start a thread about it.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Lost Gig rankings suddenly?

Hi Guys! Are you a longstanding seller who lost his/her Gig rankings suddenly? Like, drastic drop in last 2 months? I experienced the same and could fortunately come out of it! Ok, so here's what happened... I have just one Gig in my account...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 24 ❤

For someone interested in surviving such a downturn -

I would suggest something that helped me to stay afloat. Let’s call it PLAN C:

… and it is simply Start New Gigs!

A level 2 seller can have as many as 22 Gigs. So if you lose Gig rankings, delete all Gigs except top 3 and then begin adding one new Gig everyday. On the 20th day once again delete all gigs except top 3 and do so ad infinitum till you start getting orders and get established in Fiverr business again.

As far as I know this is not against Fiverr’s TOS and takes advantage of the fact that Newly arrived gigs get a short uplift in Gig rankings. It’s hardwork for sure; but something is better than nothing!

Life is not just about working all day. There are other activities that can keep you occupied, being with friends, enjoying life, exercising, you know, outdoor activities. I can’t imagine my day spending 14 hours at home just working. It must sound nice to be “productive” but you can’t just let your life drain like that. You seem like a young person and is good that you work hard, but don’t forget other activities, even if you enjoy working all day and night, the human being is a social animal, we need to form relationships to keep balance in our lives.

You seem like a young person

and how old are you if I may ask? LOL. (Nah, don´t answer that).

Firstly, let hope me and the other sellers aim to become financially independent, semi-retired… and have their buckets half filled like you do 🙂 We needn’t get too concerned about algorthmic changes then.

Figuring out algorithm is far, you should see my struggle to get the Gig rankings back. Going from first row of the first page to fourth page is cruel. Thankfully, got some good deals from my repeat buyers and it did not affect me as much as it should. But for others it could have been a death knell.

So how did I get the rankings back? I did start a thread about it.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Lost Gig rankings suddenly?

Hi Guys! Are you a longstanding seller who lost his/her Gig rankings suddenly? Like, drastic drop in last 2 months? I experienced the same and could fortunately come out of it! Ok, so here's what happened... I have just one Gig in my account...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 24 ❤

For someone interested in surviving such a downturn -

I would suggest something that helped me to stay afloat. Let’s call it PLAN C:

… and it is simply Start New Gigs!

A level 2 seller can have as many as 22 Gigs. So if you lose Gig rankings, delete all Gigs except top 3 and then begin adding one new Gig everyday. On the 20th day once again delete all gigs except top 3 and do so ad infinitum till you start getting orders and get established in Fiverr business again.

As far as I know this is not against Fiverr’s TOS and takes advantage of the fact that Newly arrived gigs get a short uplift in Gig rankings. It’s hardwork for sure; but something is better than nothing!

@ghemachandar1 Amen to all your good wishes, may all your dreams come true.

Archived