What is stopping the buyers to order my gig?

sugamlife

Guest offlinehelpers

For heaven’s sake, article writing is not about grammar its about what will appeal and standout on the blog . Most humbly and respect fully i would like to inform you people that grammar is not even considered a nuisance now a days but a original and standing out idea does . Only a grammar would not get you anywhere in journalism p.rs can take care of them . World is running by trend setters . Don’t tell me you people don’t here songs about popular singers who make a lot of grammatical errors not that rule biding grammar police . Grammar cannot surpass a witty content in journalism . And as for my buyers i am not desperately trying to earn money but seeking some experience . I always tend to do things for experience and not existance . And i am not calling my buyers stupid those who runs a successful blog or is successful in journalism knows what i am talking about .

World is running by trend setters

Trend setters who can spell, punctuate, and use grammar correctly, or just trend setters?

By all means, stand out, it’s obviously what you’re good at, but let it be for the right reasons.

I’m out now - again, good luck! 🙂

Based on what everyone has already said perhaps you should reconsider offering a writing gig. You say that you are a tech geek and I see you have computer related qualifications. Perhaps that is the way to go!

Hey , here i would like to give a reference please bear with me . Sunder pichai if you know who he is has a college degree in metallurgy which deals with extraction of metals from earth and furnaces but helped creating cloud computing and finally is a marketing ceo of google . I agree i lacked professionalism in my profile and that is a big no . But i know what i have to offer .

World is running by trend setters

Trend setters who can spell, punctuate, and use grammar correctly, or just trend setters?

By all means, stand out, it’s obviously what you’re good at, but let it be for the right reasons.

I’m out now - again, good luck! 🙂

My dear grammar police its night here i am heavy in my bed after having a birthday party this evening .battery is drained and i am dealing with so much strictness regarding my freelancing which i highly appreciate . But i am not some one to desperaty earn money and would like a job that demands my creativity . Grammars are very important i agree but telling people that they don’t have required qualification and should head out is so not done . If i have mentioned that i can deliver so i will deliver and if some thing is not looking appealing then you should point them out . Its as simple as that . I am assuming that its the rage caused by weird sellers in. BR section and i am also a new commer so it explains it all . But at the end note i would like to say that i highly appreciate that you viewed my gig and trying to fill some sense in me . Kudos to you my new friend and i hope we always have conversations like this as i find it very educative . Getting tips from you experienced sellers about being professional is very treasured and will take me to places .

Based on what everyone has already said perhaps you should reconsider offering a writing gig. You say that you are a tech geek and I see you have computer related qualifications. Perhaps that is the way to go!

And i would not offer something that i am not good at programming is new to me now so i won’t consider it to sell yet may be some day later i would . Article writing i’ve done it before and have presented myself in various debates and column writing . I always said to have stand out with my figure of speech and view on personal topics which were highly appreciated . So i am offering this gig .

My dear grammar police its night here i am heavy in my bed after having a birthday party this evening .battery is drained and i am dealing with so much strictness regarding my freelancing which i highly appreciate . But i am not some one to desperaty earn money and would like a job that demands my creativity . Grammars are very important i agree but telling people that they don’t have required qualification and should head out is so not done . If i have mentioned that i can deliver so i will deliver and if some thing is not looking appealing then you should point them out . Its as simple as that . I am assuming that its the rage caused by weird sellers in. BR section and i am also a new commer so it explains it all . But at the end note i would like to say that i highly appreciate that you viewed my gig and trying to fill some sense in me . Kudos to you my new friend and i hope we always have conversations like this as i find it very educative . Getting tips from you experienced sellers about being professional is very treasured and will take me to places .

You have certainly had quite a few people correcting you already and probably don’t need another however I would just like to say that grammar and punctuation are extremely important when writing - they have the power to completely change a sentence. When used incorrectly it causes confusion and means people have to read a sentence 2-3 times to understand it. One thing to change immediately is the space between words and periods/full stops. It looks awful and, in your comment above, the period is actually on the line after the sentence ends in two places!

Writing is an art form, regardless of what people think. A good writer, or even just one who follows the rules, will communicate their message and engage the audience far better than a writer with poor punctuation and grammar. I would not read anything longer than your comments on here as I find them difficult to read. Poor spelling or using abbreviations are not actually such big issues (some find them irritating) but punctuation, grammar and sentence structure are huge and you should work on those wherever you write.

◀️ Let’s take this back to the beginning.

You asked “What is stopping the buyers to order my gig.”

You got different answers from different people.

Did you or did you not want people to look at your gigs, and offer suggestions?

Of course i do . I am only 19 and so nervous with my gig that i tend to focus more on something and ignore some thing that is very important but people telling me that i should mention my communication language as basic is very judgmental . Instead they can say "you have done a crap job with descriptions everywhere and punctuations does exist young lady " or some thing more comforting . Hey there but i highly value the conversation we had here .

It’s just about your Description.

You have made changes but it’s still incorrect.

You need to know how to use Full Stop and Comma.

Yes , i actually corrected only gig description and left my intro as i was short on time this evening . I will surely get all of them sorted by tommorow.

Thank you

Guest offlinehelpers

Of course i do . I am only 19 and so nervous with my gig that i tend to focus more on something and ignore some thing that is very important but people telling me that i should mention my communication language as basic is very judgmental . Instead they can say "you have done a crap job with descriptions everywhere and punctuations does exist young lady " or some thing more comforting . Hey there but i highly value the conversation we had here .

Try re-reading the previous posts please.

Nobody said your descriptions were ‘crap’ - you asked for advice - it was given to you very nicely.

No-one said your English was basic - I said that if you’re going to describe your language skills as ‘native/bilingual’, then that’s what buyers would expect, and those buyers could also be native English speakers.

If you’re going to react badly to advice which you asked for, please think how you’ll react if you get a buyer who’s unhappy.

We are genuinely trying to help you, but it does seem as if you don’t want our help after all.

You have certainly had quite a few people correcting you already and probably don’t need another however I would just like to say that grammar and punctuation are extremely important when writing - they have the power to completely change a sentence. When used incorrectly it causes confusion and means people have to read a sentence 2-3 times to understand it. One thing to change immediately is the space between words and periods/full stops. It looks awful and, in your comment above, the period is actually on the line after the sentence ends in two places!

Writing is an art form, regardless of what people think. A good writer, or even just one who follows the rules, will communicate their message and engage the audience far better than a writer with poor punctuation and grammar. I would not read anything longer than your comments on here as I find them difficult to read. Poor spelling or using abbreviations are not actually such big issues (some find them irritating) but punctuation, grammar and sentence structure are huge and you should work on those wherever you write.

Thank you for making it prominent that punctuations are important . And to all the buyers here i will deliver the work after all manual and technical errors checks . I would know if some line is not making sense and i have the copyscape tech to ensure that i have not subconsciously wrote anything similar to writen anywhere in this world .

Your gestures were highly appreciated

Try re-reading the previous posts please.

Nobody said your descriptions were ‘crap’ - you asked for advice - it was given to you very nicely.

No-one said your English was basic - I said that if you’re going to describe your language skills as ‘native/bilingual’, then that’s what buyers would expect, and those buyers could also be native English speakers.

If you’re going to react badly to advice which you asked for, please think how you’ll react if you get a buyer who’s unhappy.

We are genuinely trying to help you, but it does seem as if you don’t want our help after all.

I need your help and all this conversation helped me gain immensely . Sorry , if i sounded curt . Again all your replies are highly appreciated .

Look Suga, I get it that you’re passionate about your craft. But, you came to the Forum asking for help Improve My Gig is the perfect place. Most of us are sellers just like you are. Barking at people who are genuinely trying to help you is wrong. We are just trying to give you solid advice, that’s all. Food for thought: It really doesn’t matter what profession you’re in, improving your skill-set should always be a never-ending quest. The Best of the Best are criticized on a daily basis, after all, that’s life! We all learn from our mistakes, there’s always room for improvement.

Most new sellers appreciate the help, and they utilize the suggestions.

P.S. since you mentioned Gone with the wind. I whipped out the DVD to watch it today! Gotta 💛 Humphrey Bogart.

people telling me that i should mention my communication language as basic is very judgmental

they can say "you have done a crap job with descriptions

I haven’t seen anyone say either of these things to you. As far as the judgemental part, though, when you ask for critiques on a public forum, you are actually asking people to give you their own judgement and then you can decide whether you agree or not. Snapping at those who respond is not going to get you respect or more help.

You said that people could instead say

some thing more comforting

but honestly, if you are just looking for comfort it is better to post in Conversations or the Ranting Pot and say that all you want is comfort, not actual critique. I won’t bother to offer more advice since you seem pretty upset at the honesty you received, so good luck out there. Perhaps buyers will agree with your ideas on writing.

Look Suga, I get it that you’re passionate about your craft. But, you came to the Forum asking for help Improve My Gig is the perfect place. Most of us are sellers just like you are. Barking at people who are genuinely trying to help you is wrong. We are just trying to give you solid advice, that’s all. Food for thought: It really doesn’t matter what profession you’re in, improving your skill-set should always be a never-ending quest. The Best of the Best are criticized on a daily basis, after all, that’s life! We all learn from our mistakes, there’s always room for improvement.

Most new sellers appreciate the help, and they utilize the suggestions.

P.S. since you mentioned Gone with the wind. I whipped out the DVD to watch it today! Gotta 💛 Humphrey Bogart.

thank you for stopping by and pointing it out to me . Gone with the wind is too good . And here in forum i would not talk like i belong from Shakespeare , thomas hardy or adi shankara era . So people who pointed out my grammar in forum did not seemed to merely help . For gig descriptions , all those who pointed that out were thanked already . People first being mean and then playing the victim is something which is not new . Intentions are Percived the way they meant to be .chills .

people telling me that i should mention my communication language as basic is very judgmental

I haven’t seen anyone say either of these things to you. As far as the judgemental part, though, when you ask for critiques on a public forum, you are actually asking people to give you their own judgement and then you can decide whether you agree or not. Snapping at those who respond is not going to get you respect or more help.

but honestly, if you are just looking for comfort it is better to post in Conversations or the Ranting Pot and say that all you want is comfort, not actual critique. I won’t bother to offer more advice since you seem pretty upset at the honesty you received, so good luck out there. Perhaps buyers will agree with your ideas on writing.

Perhaps buyers will agree with your ideas on writing.

Not this buyer!

It was judgmental . All those "think you should reconsider with your gigs " was judgemental . "Need to work with my punctutions here " was just fine . I agree that i behaved in certain way that i should not as this will affect my future in forum . But i confidently state that some comments were to actually prove themselves more supreme and rewarding . People will agree with me at every work place not every advice is to mere help but also fill some entitlement of their own .

Like "its English " comment ofcourse i am using my phone and might be doing something so i am typing in a rush and i know its “English” ,"Thomas hardy " etc .

i am heavy

Honey, I think you said you are very tired. Go To bed and 😴

Will see you tomorrow.

It was judgmental . All those "think you should reconsider with your gigs " was judgemental . "Need to work with my punctutions here " was just fine . I agree that i behaved in certain way that i should not as this will affect my future in forum . But i confidently state that some comments were to actually prove themselves more supreme and rewarding . People will agree with me at every work place not every advice is to mere help but also fill some entitlement of their own .

Like "its English " comment ofcourse i am using my phone and might be doing something so i am typing in a rush and i know its “English” ,"Thomas hardy " etc .

All those "think you should reconsider with your gigs " was judgemental .

when you ask for critiques on a public forum, you are actually asking people to give you their own judgement

I already agreed with you on judgement, since you requested it. On the rest, "Frankly my dear, I don’t "find this conversation worth pursing further. Good luck.

All those "think you should reconsider with your gigs " was judgemental .

when you ask for critiques on a public forum, you are actually asking people to give you their own judgement

I already agreed with you on judgement, since you requested it. On the rest, "Frankly my dear, I don’t "find this conversation worth pursing further. Good luck.

I hope we always have conversations like this . But people already pointed it out that i have messed up with all the i . More over some one pointing it out confessing in the end that they don’t mean to be rude which confirms that they know they are rude or had the intention to be rude . Intentions are Percived the way they meant to be the person himself know about his tone in the writing .

I really don’t want to sound harsh here, but you say in your biography that your level of English is ‘native or bilingual’. Buyers are going to expect what is promised, but it isn’t what’s shown in your profile description, or in those of your gigs.

Please go back to basics, and have a look at all your descriptions etc. again:

• a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence

• the first person singular is ‘I’, not ‘i’

• a space is used after a comma or a full stop, not before

I really am not trying to be hurtful, but if you don’t get the basics right, you will end up with unhappy buyers, and negative reviews, which nobody wants.

Good luck! 🙂

I really don’t want to sound harsh here,

Starting with this means you are going to be harsh here . It might seem that i am over reacting but . People who start by saying " don’t meant to be harsh here " going to be very harsh here .

It’s just about your Description.

You have made changes but it’s still incorrect.

It could have " you should be careful with punctuations here"

Need to know to use comma was so boss

How about i might know how to use comma and full stop but i was just being careless about it ?

its going to be a month now since I’ve joined fiverr but only my gigs’ impressions , and views are too damn high that means people are actually making effort to view my gigs but i still haven’t got any order yet . seems like some fact is stopping them to buy it . I’ve been honest with my gig and really i am good at writing . can anyone please look at my gigs and tell me what i am doing wrong ? i would highly appreciate your courtesy .

thank you

I’m just going to quote you.

can anyone please look at my gigs and tell me what i am doing wrong ?

You asked, you received. Get some sleep and look at this fresh another day.

Archived