SCAM: Plagiarism Article Hide Behind Unicode UTF-8 Code File to Cheat Copyscape Used By Sellers

cafecremeart

I did! But his profile is still up, still scamming people. I don’t know why Fiverr isn’t doing anything.

I don’t know why Fiverr isn’t doing anything.

It might take them time. Or the seller received just a warning, if this was the first time someone complained about their work.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

There was another user some time ago that suggested copying and pasting from the document into a plain text editor like Notepad and then copy paste from Notepad into a Plagiarism checker. The only other option is to directly retype the text into the checker to see if anything comes up.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I never heard of something like that.

As a legitimate ghostwriter (not that big fan of the name given to this job), I am sad that these things happen. Thank you for letting people know how to avoid these types of things. I hope you report the seller that did this to you and they will get banned.

Other than trying your seller with something small and check absolutely everything about that text cannot be said. Stay safe people!

And yea, when you get 4x the amount you ordered, run away. 👍

only way to be safe from fake ghostwriters is writing yourself

That would be great, except is not. Not everybody has the time/skills/passion required for writing. Is like saying “the only way to be safe about your food is to grow it yourself”. Yeah, well, not really. I mean I can do that, and eventually learn how to do it properly after years and years of getting my hands dirty. Meanwhile, I can say goodbye at having a life.

Or we could say that the only way to be safe is to stay in bed and do nothing. But wait… that can kill you as well.

Nothing is safe, regardless of what you buy or consume. There are good people and bad people in all domains. Being cautious, asking lots of questions and using your gut instinct are usually enough to find yourself good deals.

Guys, its been 6 months from this incident. These sellers are still active on fiverr.

They are getting sales too.

Thank you so much!

I ordered a 20k word story and it was delivered to me in 4 days, well edited and of the highest caliber.

I immediately became suspicious, especially since the seller was based in ********** . I spent the last two hours running the stroy through every plagiarism checker I could find. All of them deemed it 100% original.

Thank GOD I came across your warning, because after checking the book on the website you provided, it turns out the book is indeed encoded!

I typed a paragraph from the story into Google, and lo and behold, the website the story was copied from popped up! The entire thing was copied word for word.

These scammers are despicable!

Mod Note: Country/region reference removed.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad my post helped.

But some of these sellers are still active on fiverr.

There was another user some time ago that suggested copying and pasting from the document into a plain text editor like Notepad and then copy paste from Notepad into a Plagiarism checker. The only other option is to directly retype the text into the checker to see if anything comes up.

Even after coping to Note pad it still not show any plagiarism.

Only way is by using a encoded detector or text to speech software.

Yeah…this is unfortunate. I think another option is copying and pasting the text into Copyscape. It’s a very reasonably priced plagiarism checking service.

Copyscape or any other plagiarism software can not detect this.

Not really.

Kindle ebooks are formatted in HTML and Amazon uses it’s own Digital Rights Management software to keep the market clean. They also automatically scan books for poor formatting, spelling, and grammar. It would be highly unlikely that Amazon wouldn’t pick up encoded characters during this process.

Still amazon haven’t detected this. Once they detect this, All these publishers will get banded without even noticing what they have done.

Guys, its been 6 months from this incident. These sellers are still active on fiverr.

Are you saying that the sellers you ordered from are still active, even though you reported them and had your orders refunded?

Still amazon haven’t detected this. Once they detect this, All these publishers will get banded without even noticing what they have done.

I’m genuinely surprised by this. I’m tempted to try and see if I can publish a plagiarized book using character encoding, just to see how easy it is. I just don’t want to risk my account.

Have you reached out to Amazon about this directly? I would imagine that they might be interested in hearing your thoughts, especially if you can show them an example of a book in the Kindle store which has been plagiarized using character encoding.

I am working on getting two books ready for Amazon myself. (Though, I don’t know when I will be finished. It could be another week). When I do publish, I might republish one of my existing books (which I own all rights to), with some characters encoded. If this works, I may send them a ticket myself.

Even after coping to Note pad it still not show any plagiarism.

Do you have an example piece of text that copying to notepad didn’t help put it into a format that could be used with online plagiarism checkers and plagiarism found (if there)?

• 1 year later...

I didn’t mean to imply you said anything bad. You had good points on there. I am saddened that are people that try to scam people, either if we talk about writers or designers or whatever job. It’s good that we have this medium where we can spread awareness on what to stay away from.

@technopluslk1

I am curious, can you please keep us updated in case you report that person? I really consider is necessary that something is done against scammers.

Hi…

I would like directions in finding a Ghost writer for a project…

Ty… Nj

Ps

I’m new at this… Even though I have been here many years… Smile

I can’t find my way through this wonderful platform as I would like… So getting back to check results will be a bit of a problem that I welcome. Please bare with me in my quest for a Ghost writer… Nj

Archived