Crazy hard work

writer99025

Last time I was a waiter I punched an old man.

Once you’ve gone freelance, you can’t go back. I tried it last year but real world re-injection failed miserably. Freelancing doesn’t have to be lonely though. Get a moble and be the mysterious coffee bar person who is always on their tablet or computer. I hate tablets and mines dead at the minute but last year it was a real social life saver.

I’m tracking you. Making a living in the spare room is da bomb. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with my kids. I won’t go back.

But it’s still stinking lonely. And I make phone calls for a living.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep an eye on it and pause gigs when you need to. I have stopped using vacation mode and instead I pause my less profitable gigs or change pricing when I get too busy. There are ways around it to make it work too. Just do a check every day, I prefer having a notebook beside me and jotting down how long a job should take, fit it in to the available timeframe and adjust other things as needed.

No, no, I don’t mean those sort of cancellations, I do that already…I schedule everything 1 month in advance and know what I am doing on what day…I mean, what if someone orders 5/10 articles for one of my new gigs…will have clear instructions - if you want to order more than 2/3 articles, get in touch with me.

No, no, I don’t mean those sort of cancellations, I do that already…I schedule everything 1 month in advance and know what I am doing on what day…I mean, what if someone orders 5/10 articles for one of my new gigs…will have clear instructions - if you want to order more than 2/3 articles, get in touch with me.

Ah, I understand. You can always contact them and explain, offer to extend the timeframe with the resolution center, pay extra for extra fast delivery etc. Have it in the gig description and the FAQ and be ready to say “as it says in my gig description and FAQ…” a lot.

Perhaps suggest that a discount would apply to larger orders if they contact you first - buyers always read the part where it says “discount”. 10 articles for the price of 9 etc.

Ah, I understand. You can always contact them and explain, offer to extend the timeframe with the resolution center, pay extra for extra fast delivery etc. Have it in the gig description and the FAQ and be ready to say “as it says in my gig description and FAQ…” a lot.

Perhaps suggest that a discount would apply to larger orders if they contact you first - buyers always read the part where it says “discount”. 10 articles for the price of 9 etc.

Yeah, it’s going to be fun, like starting fresh. I think I will take April off and start on May. Will be fully refreshed. Okay, my big March begins…I am the lowest I’ve ever been on the search results but have the highest amount/revenue I’ve ever had in my to-dos…figure that…LOL…Off to work!

I’m tracking you. Making a living in the spare room is da bomb. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with my kids. I won’t go back.

But it’s still stinking lonely. And I make phone calls for a living.

I just checked out your profile, crazy gig! How do you guarantee appointment scheduling and the like?

As for loneliness, we’re in different boats as I’m single with no dependents other than my amazing wee dog. However, this is an unacknowledged part of freelancing. You will struggle with it but it’s important not to let it absorb you as a feeling.

You are with your kids. A lot of my peers seem to exhale money but are about as empty inside as a sandblasted used coke can emotionally. Embrace the moment, even when times are slow and everything seems to be going wrong, you’re still going to be the richest man in the world. Only you after all, have the time to even realize that you are lonely.

Yeah, it’s going to be fun, like starting fresh. I think I will take April off and start on May. Will be fully refreshed. Okay, my big March begins…I am the lowest I’ve ever been on the search results but have the highest amount/revenue I’ve ever had in my to-dos…figure that…LOL…Off to work!

That’s a good situation to be in, I remember someone, I think it was @landongrace, who said that 80% of his buyers are repeat buyers. In that situation your search appearance is less relevant so enjoy it, it is the benefit of constantly delivering what your clients want. You worked hard for it so you deserve it.

I just checked out your profile, crazy gig! How do you guarantee appointment scheduling and the like?

As for loneliness, we’re in different boats as I’m single with no dependents other than my amazing wee dog. However, this is an unacknowledged part of freelancing. You will struggle with it but it’s important not to let it absorb you as a feeling.

You are with your kids. A lot of my peers seem to exhale money but are about as empty inside as a sandblasted used coke can emotionally. Embrace the moment, even when times are slow and everything seems to be going wrong, you’re still going to be the richest man in the world. Only you after all, have the time to even realize that you are lonely.

The difference between you and me is that you hate being alone and I love it and can’t have it any other way. Anyway, see you guys later, already wasted enough time in the morning.

The difference between you and me is that you hate being alone and I love it and can’t have it any other way. Anyway, see you guys later, already wasted enough time in the morning.

Yet another excuse why none of us can have that big Fiverr get together at Writers version of Bruce Manor that I (on behalf of him) keep trying to arrange.

See you Writer and well done on the 30-day absence from forum posting that you announced yesterday.

already wasted enough time in the morning.

I enjoyed our chat too (despite the forum telling me I was talking to you too much). Have a good day and don’t forget to update us on day 1 of your Fiverr March Against the Flab campaign.

You have 30 days of work lined up. Perhaps that is why your ranking is going down a bit. I have seen my gig sink a bit when I have a lot of orders lined up. I would also imagine your conversion rate/clicks to order rate, may be low as people click your gig and see such a long delivery time so they do not order. This is a factor in the ranking algorithm.

I know I would be discouraged if I saw all those orders stacked up. I would definitely look elsewhere for faster service. What a great problem to have though.I’m still trying to figure out how to drive more traffic to my site.

I know I would be discouraged if I saw all those orders stacked up. I would definitely look elsewhere for faster service. What a great problem to have though.I’m still trying to figure out how to drive more traffic to my site.

Of course it depends on what you are looking for. If that many people are willing to wait for his service, he is clearly worth it.

For someone I don’t know or ever worked with, there is no way I’d wait longer than 7 days.

For someone I know or really want, I’ll be willing to wait a month. I’ve agreed to wait for three sellers on five seperate occasions. I’m rarely ever in a hurry so I’ll stick to who I know will deliver what I want.

For someone I don’t know or ever worked with, there is no way I’d wait longer than 7 days.

For someone I know or really want, I’ll be willing to wait a month. I’ve agreed to wait for three sellers on five seperate occasions. I’m rarely ever in a hurry so I’ll stick to who I know will deliver what I want.

I can see from your reply how important it is to build loyalty and trust

with our clients so that they stick with you. Good post!

How do you do 10,000 words a day without getting carpel tunnel?

That’s what I was wondering as well. I can write 5000-6000 a day, but I only make it when I do my articles for an e-commerce directory. That means no research, just taking information from the site of the web shop.

If I have to do any research, my rate drops to 3000 words a day or something. After that I am tired.

That’s what I was wondering as well. I can write 5000-6000 a day, but I only make it when I do my articles for an e-commerce directory. That means no research, just taking information from the site of the web shop.

If I have to do any research, my rate drops to 3000 words a day or something. After that I am tired.

Phew, just delivered a 20,000 order I had been doing for 2.5 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it’s low even by Indian standards…but what do you expect, single guy, own house, no rent, no debt, no big spending habits, works all day and night 🙂

This guy is like an Indian Batman who lives the life of a recluse with his servants in his big mansion. He needs a butler to tell him to find a girl and get married :

I don’t have any servants living in the house…how many times should I tell that!

The highlight of my comment is not the servants at all, it is the latter part of the comment.

I have only have 3 wishes I want to see fulfilled before I die :

1] Stop global warming

2] World Peace

3] Dance at Writer99025’s wedding

The polar ice caps have already stopped melting after Trump was elected, and ■■■■ ideologue Abu Bakr Al Bagdhadi has already surrendered, so…

The highlight of my comment is not the servants at all, it is the latter part of the comment.

I have only have 3 wishes I want to see fulfilled before I die :

1] Stop global warming

2] World Peace

3] Dance at Writer99025’s wedding

The polar ice caps have already stopped melting after Trump was elected, and ■■■■ ideologue Abu Bakr Al Bagdhadi has already surrendered, so…

I am more worried about tomorrow’s UP election result.

I am more worried about tomorrow’s UP election result.

No, no no changing the topic.

I’ve already picked out a song to dance on. All you need to do is send me an invitation card.

PS : As per exit polls, 4/5 states are in our pocket, including UP, so dance toh banta hai boss!

Archived