My Fiverr balance is -$1,188

psychicbunny

This is discussed earlier.

The Paypal claim is between Fiverr and the buyer and not between the seller and the buyer.

Because Fiverr will not risk its Paypal account it will settle with the buyer and just pay them the money back.

The risk of loosing the case over at Paypal could have some nasty consequences for Fiverr (like losing the Paypal account, what would have a domino effect for all sellers and buyers) therefore this risk will not been taken.

The risk of loosing the case over at Paypal could have some nasty consequences for Fiverr (like losing the Paypal account, what would have a domino effect for all sellers and buyers)

You are absolutely right. And we all would not be able to take Paypal again which would mean

our business would be finished.

I know from experience that Paypal is very keen on its buyers protection program.

Yes Paypal protects buyers. If they didn’t they would lose the trust of the buyers.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The risk of loosing the case over at Paypal could have some nasty consequences for Fiverr (like losing the Paypal account, what would have a domino effect for all sellers and buyers)

You are absolutely right. And we all would not be able to take Paypal again which would mean

I know from experience that Paypal is very keen on its buyers protection program.

Yes Paypal protects buyers. If they didn’t they would lose the trust of the buyers.

Then everybody would have to use Payoneer, what I actually love.

All my Fiverr $$$ goes to Payoneer lately. I just noticed the other that that the $3,15 transaction cost are only due when I get money out of an ATM, while everytime I pay with the card in a shop there are not transaction costs. They also handle a very nice exchange rate for the Euro.

Then everybody would have to use Payoneer, what I actually love.

All my Fiverr $$$ goes to Payoneer lately. I just noticed the other that that the $3,15 transaction cost are only due when I get money out of an ATM, while everytime I pay with the card in a shop there are not transaction costs. They also handle a very nice exchange rate for the Euro.

Off question but could I file a small claims against him if he does go after more money?

No because the dispute is between fiverr and him, since they are the ones who

were member a user of Paypal and got the payment from him.

Your dispute would technically be with fiverr.

The buyer protection over at Paypal is a reason why I do all my on-line shopping with them.

There is only one downside to it: some of my vendors here in the Netherlands are charging 2% extra when I pay with Paypal. So when I have to buy a camera body for €4.200,- I have to pay €84,- more 😦

I guess I will use my bank account in this case.

Off question but could I file a small claims against him if he does go after more money?

No because the dispute is between fiverr and him, since they are the ones who

were member a user of Paypal and got the payment from him.

Your dispute would technically be with fiverr.

I think they don’t charge money to transfer money to the bank account. I would only have the exchange rate as my bank is in NL obviously.

However, I don’t want to have any of that money on my bank account. I keep it on my card. It’s for shopping and stuff, so there is no need to have it on my bank account.

Someone messaged me that there is a screenshot of my balance going viral on Facebook this is a really sad day for me 😕

I work $5 for every reading I’m lucky if I make a grand a month seriously this is so sad I can’t even fathom. I worked so hard for a business that some d-bag threw away for me.

Someone messaged me that there is a screenshot of my balance going viral on Facebook this is a really sad day for me 😕

I work $5 for every reading I’m lucky if I make a grand a month seriously this is so sad I can’t even fathom. I worked so hard for a business that some d-bag threw away for me.

How did that go viral on Facebook? How did anyone get that screenshot?

I have faced this kind of issues several times and lost over $1500. When I contacted the Fiverr Customer Support, they were helpless. I have created a conversation in this regard a few days ago, but no one responded and I thought I’m the only seller who faced such issue.

Please visit my conversation here: Suggestions for Changing the Chargeback Policy of Fiverr to Make Fiverr a Better Place for Everyone

Ignore that kind of people, not worth any response, reaction or thought, leave it up to karma.

No, it doesn’t matter what you use, if the buyer uses PayPal, you can still suffer a chargeback.

Even though the buyer uses a Credit Card, he can file a chargeback through his/her bank. What I’m suggesting is that Fiverr should allow sellers to prove their claims and resolve such issues themselves if Fiverr is unable to do necessities on behalf of Fiverr sellers. Suggestions for Changing the Chargeback Policy of Fiverr to Make Fiverr a Better Place for Everyone

This happened to me with a $5 gig and I was complaining…

I’m very sorry for you! When it happened to me (a few months ago) I spoke with Fiverr CS and with Paypal, but nothing happened. Paypal won’t talk to you because the transaction has been completed with Fiverr and not with you. And CS usually can’t do anything because they won’t risk their paypal account for your money. At least, that’s what people told me in the thread I opened for the issue. I hope that for a sum this high, Fiverr will do something.
I couldn’t contact the buyer because his account was deleted.

Hope you can resolve this issue!

Archived