Interesting stuffs about this new forum

taverr

I understand… 🙂

I just found his name in the Badges->Leaders but came to know that he isn`t a forum/fiverr staff. So, out of curiosity I just searched a bit about him.

@fonthaunt, do you know anything about this-

Fiverr is not currently self-hosting this forum but instead paying Discourse for the hosting.

I found that the images links are being cached by Discourse CDN instead of Fiverr`s Amazon CDN.

To my knowledge, Discourse is hosting this forum, it is not self-hosted by Fiverr. I don’t have info on the financials involved.

@miiila. It appears that forum PMs are identical in function to posts/replies. Posts are public while PMs are only visible to those invited to view. I would use caution since PMs are easily converted to public posts and are tracked by the system like any other forum post.

Yes, public posts and PMs seem really pretty identical. Caution is good with anything related to the internet of course 😉 thanks.

Yes, I miss that too as well.

Perhaps yesterday it was disabled. I think @fonthaunt might know more about it. 🙂

On this one I have no idea. I can’t see users either and there was no advance notice. I didn’t realize it was gone at first since I don’t use it. 🙂

@misscrystal You can just click your own name and your personal forum profile shows your activity. It includes likes recieved/given on the Summary tab. There is lots of cool stuff there so I’ve been using my profile to see various things about my forum habits.

Yeah, she got her thesis proofread by me and then disappeared…LOL

Hello Sir

Why Lol? I submitted my dissertation long back and started travelling. I stopped looking for gig opportunities on Fiverr as internet connectivity became an issue for me. I instead started working on writing my travel articles. I will contact you for proofreading again 🙂

Hello Sir

Why Lol? I submitted my dissertation long back and started travelling. I stopped looking for gig opportunities on Fiverr as internet connectivity became an issue for me. I instead started working on writing my travel articles. I will contact you for proofreading again 🙂

Hi Shilpi, glad to know you’re having fun doing things you’ve always wanted 🙂 You can make the order for proofreading anytime you like.

Sure. I am going to add some more.

Here’s another,

You can shorten forum URLs without using a third party URL shortener like Bitly. Simply covert the forum post URL from http://forum.fiverr.com/t/[post_title]/[post_ID] to forum.fiverr.com/t/-/[post_ID]

So, this : The Holiday Season - Like It or Hate It?

https://dub1.discourse-cdn.com/fiverr/uploads/default//optimized/2X/7/7939febb4aef2d07a05a3648ecd3d62a6689011e_1_690x422.jpg

Is the same as this : The Holiday Season - Like It or Hate It?

@silkroute Good job on the info about shortened Urls. This could help people. The forum rules allow Fiverr shortened links (I.e. www.fiverr.com/s2/cedcfa6c67) but not 3rd party links.

It’s nice to have shortened links to posts and forum stuff without trying to sneak by a bitly link. Thanks!

@silkroute Good job on the info about shortened Urls. This could help people. The forum rules allow Fiverr shortened links (I.e. www.fiverr.com/s2/cedcfa6c67) but not 3rd party links.

It’s nice to have shortened links to posts and forum stuff without trying to sneak by a bitly link. Thanks!

There’s a trick even for Bitly which nullifies its most lethal aspect : not knowing what URL it is going to take us to.

If you simply aren’t sure about the integrity of any Bitly link, just add a + at the end of the URL and it will show you all the data about the original link, the traffic sent to the link, referrer, basically the whole analytics about the main URL and its shortened version. Just append + at the end of the shortened URL and paste the whole thing in the browser. It will show you the stats related to the main link rather than redirecting you to the link.

There’s a trick even for Bitly which nullifies its most lethal aspect : not knowing what URL it is going to take us to.

If you simply aren’t sure about the integrity of any Bitly link, just add a + at the end of the URL and it will show you all the data about the original link, the traffic sent to the link, referrer, basically the whole analytics about the main URL and its shortened version. Just append + at the end of the shortened URL and paste the whole thing in the browser. It will show you the stats related to the main link rather than redirecting you to the link.

You can also add “.info” at the end for google URL shortener and “~” for VHT URL shortener links… 😉

Just a note on this -

If you simply aren’t sure about the integrity of any Bitly link, just add a + at the end of the URL and it will show you all the data about the original link, the traffic sent to the link, referrer, basically the whole analytics about the main URL and its shortened version. Just appen

This is fine info and I also encourage users to use an “unshorten” site if that’s easier. Regardless, on this forum shortened links will be removed when noticed unless they’ve been pre-approved. (I.e. There are users with permission to post certain shortened links to specific content.)

Archived