TOP Tips for New/Weary Buyers!

skinnybytara

bigbadbilly said: In my Opinion, the "Top Rated" badge means nothing for judging quality. So don't use it as more than a guide. I'll use myself as an example. I've been here at Fiverr over a year, have done over 2500 orders in the last 6-7 months, have a perfect rating and have never been late on delivering. I am an expert on what I do with an eye for customer care. My point? I am NOT top rated. The "Top Rated Seller" is a club that is chosen by Fiverr staff. That's why you'll see people that are new to Fiverr, have under 500 orders (Some a lot less than that), without perfect ratings.... and they're still Top rated. My point? Top Rated isn't the be all end all of quality.

You're spot on here BigBadBilly...

It is a "plus" but not really anymore than that.

TRS is an honorary title. And I'm honored (and at this point dependent upon it). However, I would not say that if I and another seller (let's say a level too seller with just as many orders and thumbs up in the category) are offering roughly the same thing... TRS is not a sufficient reason to pick me over him/her.

Also, TRS is a "whole package" proposition.

That is, even the best seller in a very "edgy" category / very "competitive" niche may NEVER get the designation. That is, I doubt we'll ever see someone selling "twitter followers" in the 100's of thousands as a TRS... (especially if that's they only gig and it was part of his/her offerings before getting the honorary title).

bigbadbilly said: In my Opinion, the "Top Rated" badge means nothing for judging quality. So don't use it as more than a guide. I'll use myself as an example. I've been here at Fiverr over a year, have done over 2500 orders in the last 6-7 months, have a perfect rating and have never been late on delivering. I am an expert on what I do with an eye for customer care. My point? I am NOT top rated. The "Top Rated Seller" is a club that is chosen by Fiverr staff. That's why you'll see people that are new to Fiverr, have under 500 orders (Some a lot less than that), without perfect ratings.... and they're still Top rated. My point? Top Rated isn't the be all end all of quality.

TRS is an honorary title. And I'm honored (and at this point dependent upon it). However, I would not say that if I and another seller (let's say a level too seller with just as many orders and thumbs up in the category) are offering roughly the same thing... TRS is not a sufficient reason to pick me over him/her.

That is, even the best seller in a very "edgy" category / very "competitive" niche may NEVER get the designation. That is, I doubt we'll ever see someone selling "twitter followers" in the 100's of thousands as a TRS... (especially if that's they only gig and it was part of his/her offerings before getting the honorary title).

Archived