Buyer feedback

drjaymath

I have purchased a few gigs on Fiverr. Often I pay more than negotiated, or tip, and/or repeat business with sellers that do a good job.

My complaint is why can’t potential buyers see my feedback as a seller?

Today I received a rating: “Best buyer I ever meet!!! Thank you very much.” What value is this to me if other sellers can’t see it.

Exactly, No seller can differentiate between buyers… but buyers can… Sometimes, I really want to skip bad buyers, but I am unable to judge them as I cannot see their history. But Buyers can see each and every inch of sellers through reviews and some buyer even easily check them via INBOX.

Yes, this is fiverr’s policy.

I believe others can see your feedback as a seller – your feedback is like a comment on their feedback on your gig. So it’s there, buyer feedback just isn’t collected in one spot on their profile like seller feedback is. To find a buyer’s feedback, you just need a little bit of internet searching.

The problem is that buyer feedback doesn’t matter. Fiverr grants little, if any, autonomy to sellers; anyone can order any gig at any time… regardless of if they understand the gig, order appropriately, or provide sufficient briefings for the work to be completed. Buyers choose to work with sellers, but sellers cannot reject orders. Or they can, but it damages their own standing in the community if a cancellation is not mutual, or if a cancellation is forced through by CS. The only way a seller can reject an order without penalty is if a buyer discusses the work via inbox messaging and rejection occurs there.

I’d love to see that all change. I’d love for sellers to reject orders, as one might do in a real free lance career. Alas, this is run more like a store than a business collaboration, and while that works just fine for low-level orders, the pricier options tend to require more communication.

I think you’re right.
Buyers should be able to see your feedback.
If they see it, they can make the right decision.
When they have more information about you.
They can understand more. i think you are right.

I haven’t selled even one gig.
I don ‘t know why.
I try my best, but it doesn’ t work.
Please help me.

I agree too, it makes no sense that sellers have to take the workaround Eoin kindly mentioned, if they even think of it. If people already bother to write more personal reviews than just tick the five stars for an ‘Outstanding Quality’, why shouldn´t it be seen by others as it’s seen for sellers’ reviews. And all the more maybe, if it´s a 1 star review. 😉

Archived