The risk of putting "$5" in your gig description or title

capitalquality

It’s very tempting to let potential buyers know just how much they will get from you and how reasonable your prices are with phrases in your gig descriptions, FAQs, or titles:

"For just $5"
"For the low price of $5"
“I will give you the world for $5”

Don’t. Find a different phrase but don’t mention “$5”. Or at least proofread when you change your prices. But do something, because I’ve been reviewing my gigs slowly over the last week and in doing so I’ve looked at a lot of other gigs to get ideas & compare, both in my category and in completely unrelated categories. The number of gigs that you can’t order for a $5 starter price that have what you can get for “$5” in their title or description somewhere is surprisingly high across all seller levels, even TRSs. Yes, you know who you are.

Good advice, some of mine took quite a while to cleanup because I neglected to fully go through the gig description and I didn’t notice until later when I went to check something (that’s when it jumps out at you with a clown face). Probably still have some contradictory price points! Ugh, maybe tomorrow.

That said, I don’t think you could ever put $5 in the gig title. I’m pretty sure the $ would count as an ‘illegal character’ and it was automated so that you wrote between the ‘I will’ and ‘for $5’. It’s been a while since I made a new gig so I don’t know how it is now and I don’t feel like poking around the back office today!

I haven’t created a new gig in a while so I’m not sure about titles but I came across a couple with $5 so it must let you I suppose.

p.s. I know you don’t want to know this today but you may recognize this if it helps: “For the low price of just $5 I will write a sizzling-hot service description”

Shouldn’t it actually be:
“I will give you the world for $4” lol

I am despising the sellers devaluating the market (on my sector) for the services being offered at the LOWLY price of 5 $Dollar menu Items.

The kind of buyer requests I am seeing is a directl effect of such behavior.

“I want a complete mobile responsive website, shopping cart, 5-8 pages, SEO, graphics, content with UNLIMITED revisions. And yeah I want you to show me your portfolio” Budget: $10

GO throw YOURSELF off your roof after wrapping your neck with your pc power cord! :o

Archived