When to lie to buyers

fastcopywriter

Trigger-happy cops don’t worry me, if you treat them with respect, they won’t shoot you.

When cops pull you over for speeding or whatever, they’re extremely nervous. They don’t know who you are, whether you have priors (criminal record), whether you might shoot them. So the procedure is to open the window and keep your hands on the wheel. If you have a gun on you, and I would assume you have a permit for it (although some States don’t require it), tell the cop about it. That way if you’re searched, there won’t be any surprises.

Also, remember not to argue with a cop. Just do what he says, you can always hire a lawyer later.

I also sleep with a gun on my night table. But yes, you’re right some of us love our guns like fishermen love their rods like baseball players love their bats or kids love their toys. Guns are wonderful works of design and engineering, they’re also known as “The Great Equalizer” since it gives you a fighting chance against one or many.

Think of it like high school, you’re a skinny kid and the big bully pushes you against the locker, maybe punches you in the belly, perhaps drops your wallet in a dirty toilet. The bully is like an ape, he uses his biological blessings against you. Well, when you enter the adult world, instead of bullies you’re dealing with burglars, rapists, murderers, thugs. So with a gun, you have a fighting chance. Some swear on martial arts, but how many of us can fight like Bruce Lee or Jet Li? Damn few, and if you can’t fight that well, chances are your martial arts are useless.

Or what about people in wheelchairs, 90-year-old man, don’t they deserve a fighting chance as well? I do, and that’s why I’m pro-gun.

Most modern guns are semi-automatics. It’s the fully-automatics that are tightly controlled and very hard to get unless you go to the black market, and even there they are extremely expensive.

Furthermore, it doesn’t matter how many bullets a gun holds. You can have as many magazines as you want. Even six shooters (revolvers) have pre-loaded clips you can just insert, withdraw, and shoot away.

As for Australia, their gun bans did not stop gun crime. They get plenty of that, plus rapes, home invasions, murders, etc. Australians are so nuts they even banned crossbows after some stupid kid got shot.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree.

Which does rather raise the point that in the US mass murdering sprees seem to usually involve some social reject who is pissed at the world for [reasons] armed to the teeth with weapons. Surely tightened up gun control would make it harder for those people to access weapons. Sure, they could make a bomb, but that’s a little more difficult than wandering into Guns R Us. Both Australia and the UK tightened up gun laws after lone nutcases went postal (Dunblane in the UK, Port Arthur in Oz).

I don’t have an issue with sane and responsible gun owners who have the weapon for a reason (e.g. hunting, sport), but they are incredibly dangerous in the wrong hands–and as the US seems to be particularly problematic with this issue, I can only really see it being a cultural issue. Maybe its remnants of the wild west, who knows. But America isn’t fighting Britain any more, and it is, generally speaking, the most prosperous country on earth. Guns are… should be a relic!

Getting comfortable enough with a firearm to be able to react without hesitation when a real human being is standing in front of you isn’t really something that come natural to all of us. In many case for a firearm to be useful this would also require allot of both physical and mental training.
Even then you wont ever know if your prepared to do what it takes until your already in the middle of a dangerous situation.

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree. I assure you that America has 50 States, each one with different gun laws, but unless you’re buying them illegally, it isn’t easy.

In New York City for example, is ridiculously hard, you have to pay $400 before you even get the gun (which hurts the poor) and then you have to get a sheriff to approve you (and self-defense is not a valid reason to get a gun, according to NY law), and you do a ton of paperwork, the whole process takes 7+ month unless you’re a celebrity, they get their guns right away.

And while you’re putting up with all that BS, the bad guys are just buying the guns they need from the trunk of a car.

I know England is a prime destination for gun smugglers, and they have serious problems with knife crime.

P.S. Anything is dangerous in the wrong hands, but I don’t want the State deciding which hands are the right hands. Before JFK got shot, you could buy a gun in the mail. Gun ownership was common and permit free in most places, the only exception was the South during segregation, they wanted to keep blacks unarmed so they were requiring concealed carry permit, Martin Luther King, Jr. for example, was denied even though there were threats against his life.

Now the South is pro-gun and the North is anti-gun, with the exception of Montana, Idaho, Northern and Western Michigan, and a few other States.

Yes, but there is a website called Guns Save Lives and it’s full of examples of actual civilians (not cop) that shot people in self-defense.

What you do is prepare yourself in advanced for that situation. Not just learning how to shoot, but accepting the idea you might have to shoot a bad guy someday.

It’s about developing your survival instinct. Suppose you’re lying on the ground and someone is beating you, if your hand finds a rock, will you use it to strike your enemy’s head? Or will you lie down and take it? It’s the same with guns.

The people that freeze are the ones that haven’t prepared. Not to mention that some people would rather die than kill, those will most likely die. They have zero survival instinct and zero respect for themselves or their loved ones.

In Florida they have weekly gun shows all over the state where anyone can walk in and buy guns immediately with no questions asked including assault weapons that spray bullets, perfect for taking out dozens of people within minutes. There is no other purpose for these weapons than mass murder. That’s what they are made for.

There is also a nightly TV show that sells guns. You pay on the phone for the gun and pick it up at a local gun shop.

I’ve had cab drivers offer to sell me guns as I rode with them.

Today I was driving and some angry man was yelling and honking at me and I was afraid he was going to take out a gun and shoot me, he rolled down his window and was yelling at me, and probably would have if I hadn’t turned off.

Where i come from we have around 90-100 murders per year. Some stats showed a while back that between 2003 and 2013 there were 7 fatalities where a firearm was used. Thus i acknowledged that the environment and circumstances where our opinions on the matter were sculpted just cant be compared.
Maybe guns can save more lives over there but i believe that here more guns would result in more death.

I can respect that position, and you know a lot more than I do about US gun law and legislation. We will have to agree to disagree though.

Regarding angry loners going postal though, would you say that’s a recent development? Prior to, say the 1990s, I can’t recall any “madman in US shoots 100 people dead in killing spree” headlines. Now it seems to be a semi-regular occurrence.

Knife crime is a big problem in the UK. Gun crime is very rare, and knives are everywhere. That said, this kind of criminal attack is largely limited to gang disputes, with the occasional outbreak of spousal abuse gone too far. Most crime against “normal” doesn’t involve weapons… or maybe I read to many granny-beating headlines (typically including salacious facts like “they stole £10 (er…$13?) from her purse after the vicious attack then ran away like cowards”.

As I keep saying, I do think it is cultural. Each country has its own peculiarities, and given that the US is the dominant power at the moment, its own failings are put under a spotlight that others simply aren’t. I can assure you that most non-US people view gun crime in the US with a sense of bafflement.

I am very far to the left, verging on anarchist, so I don’t particularly like the state–run as it typically is by incompetent, power-greedy idiots–but I do see the state having a useful role in stopping egregious, avoidable death through some regulation. To be a bit clearer, a knife has more utility in everyday modern life than a gun. People may kill rather than guns, but making them even harder to access than now is a good first step in the cultural context of America.

It’ll never go through anyway! #lobbypower

I thought you lived in Israel. Didn’t know you were in Florida?

Yes, person to person gun sales are legal in most States. After all, it would be a pain in the butt to have to spend money on a background check when you’re selling your gun to your best friend, brother, neighbor etc.

Would I buy a gun this way? No, because I would like to know if the gun has been used in a crime, if it was stolen, etc, and I wouldn’t want to be stuck with a gun that gets me in trouble later, however, I understand why others buy them this way, it’s simply more convenient and cheaper than going to a gun store in some cases, and some people hate doing paperwork.

It’s also a myth that “universal background checks” would stop this. Those laws apply to the law-abiding, the lawless will continue buying and selling from whoever they want. It’s just like buying crystal meth, if you have a connect, you can get your tina.

As for the cab drivers, I’m surprised, that has never happened to me. I think those drivers are stupid, what if you’re an undercover cop? They’re taking a huge chance by doing that.

If you like anarchy, explore libertarianism or anarcho-libertarianism. There’s an awesome book called “Welcome to Free America” about an anarchist USA.

And you’re right about culture. The reason China and Japan have such low crimes has to do with issues of shame and “losing face.” In Japan, sometimes people commit suicide when they don’t get into college. Honor is everything over there.

Even their criminals are different, the Yakuza are often well-dressed, a girl friend of mine dated one of them for a while, she said he was the perfect gentleman. Not that different from the Italian mafia you see in The Godfather.

America has a high-degree of individualism, which I love, but admit that causes problems at times.

What pisses me off is when a cop in USA shot a dog who was barking trying to protect its owner (I saw some videos on Youtube). I have been dealing with many dogs in many situations. Not even once have I felt the need to harm a dog like that. How come a cop doesn´t know how to deal with a barking dog? Even when the dog wanted to attack the cop, the cop should NOT have shot the dog! That just shows how stupid the cop is. Perhaps if there was a bee landed on his nose he would also shoot the bee because he felt so called ˝threatened˝.

I was having a walk with one of my dogs (I was in Southeast Asia at that time), a gang of aggressive scabby mongrels were ready to attack me and my dog, but I could pass through them smoothly (I know how) and the mongrels didn´t touch us. So how come a cop doesn´t know how to deal with a barking dog???!!! 😦

I found an article about it:

“The best and safest way to sell your firearm is to sell it to a friend, somebody you know personally and that you would trust with a firearm. Keep in mind that even with private sales, all local, state, and federal firearms laws apply, the biggest of these being that you cannot sell a firearm to felons, those who have been found guilty of domestic violence, or the mentally adjudicated. If you sell to somebody in one of those three categories and you are found out, then you will be punished in accordance with the law. Aside from that, your friends will be your best and safest option. You can invite said friend into the comfort and privacy of your home and conduct the transaction there, away from prying eyes and gun haters.”

Source: thearmsguide.com/2442/firearms-private-sales-how-to-protect-yourself/

At some gun shows they do background checks, at others they don’t. It’s really up to the gun show and the vendors. If Jerry is a small-time operator, he’s not going to bother with the hassle and expense of a background check.

But contrary to media portrayals, very few criminals buy their guns at the gun show. Many illegal guns are in fact made in the jungles of The Philipines or come from corrupt members of the military (Russia, Mexico, etc), they make working replicas of the most popular models.

A gun show is a horrible place for a criminal because there’s going to be cops there, not to mention cops that are looking at the license plates of cars to see if anyone has an outstanding warrant. A criminal needs to buy from someone that won’t talk if questioned by the cops, and law-abiding people always talk.

The Democratic Party knows they can’t stop criminals, that’s why they go after the law-abiding, it’s how they tell their constituents that they’re doing something when what they’re doing is not going to make any difference.

I agree. People who shoot most likely have thought about shooting for a period of time that finally one day they will pull the trigger and shoot when the situation makes it possible for them to shoot (evethough in the end they only shoot an apple). From the moment they start to think of having a gun, they already start to think about shooting (at least how to operate the gun).

Archived