How to earn more?

ebaypower

Hello everybody! My name is Kalin and ever since I read Robert Kiyosaki’s book “Rich Dad, poor dad” I wanted to start a business.
My carrier begun in some MLM companies. I didn’t make much, so I started researching how to start an internet business. Just though the world was moving in that direction…
That’s how I found Fiverr. It was a new place for me, but I decided to stick through and make it work.
So at first I didn’t know ANYTHING. Even the rule “copy what’s already working” and my first sales were in not so profitable niche(eBay), but that’s how I got my Level 1 badge.
But here is my situation now. I want to explain how I earn my money on this site and how the 99% of my orders come through. Let’s say someone orders to retouch their photos via Photoshop(real example). I will go to YouTube, type “Photoshop Photo Retouchment”, watch couple of videos, then return to the photos and do what I have learned. And I really earned a lot that way. When I stared, I knew only Paint(: D) and PowerPoint(used it to make my Gig Videos). Now I know Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects, Premier Pro, Adobe Audition, Explandio, Video Scribe and more.
But back to my point. When someone orders from me, there is almost always a learning part. It is mainly, because I don’t have the complete knowledge to do what I am suppose to(always accept the challenge, never turn down orders), so I go and research. Than I come back, use my new learnings to make it shine, send it, then 60%-70% it gets send back to me to fix and eventually, after hours of work, I get it done and get paid $4–$8. I barely make $150-$200 a month and I work like a motherf*****. Than I hear some guys making 3-4k a month and they work like 3-4 hours a day. From my prospective, these people are Harry Potter or some other magicians…

(Part 1/2)

I really tried to research how to make more on Fiverr. I looked at some YouTube videos, but most are promo videos. Then I contacted support with the same question. They told be to use gig packages, I activated them for most of my gigs, but I don’t see any major difference. Tried to work on my upselling and made a complimentary extras.
I read on the forum some guy making a killing with animations. Well I also do animations. I had orders for whiteboard videos for $30. For that money($24) I paid $10 for a voice-over and when I send it, it looked good, but the guy send it back with like a one book of revisions and it took me 3 days to make and my profit was $9(I had to order voice for the revision) So how you guys do it? I am sure you guys are laughing when you reading this. I am sure you do not work as much as me and yet you make much more money. I am tired of people laughing at me, saying, come on Kalin, get a job, stop dealing with this bull. But I don;t wanna. I know people buying houses form their Fiverr money, I don’t feel less, I know I can make it also. So please, at least point me into the right direction, will ya?

(Part 2/2)

Raise your prices. When I started on fiverr…I became level 1 within a month…level 2 in 4 months…my prices were low before level 1 to get more clients and reviews. …but things change when you get a new level…people will pay for quality…when you raise your prices…you will not have to work as much because one gig could be the price of 5 more gigs when you charged way less. That’s why you see people only working 4 hrs a day on here making a ton a money. I now get an average of 4 to 5 gigs a week…and they know my rates and have no problems ordering them.

If you do great work some buyers may tip you. But to earn lot of money as an individual may have some other math in the back picture such as many people are outsourcing and using automated system to deliver specific products. Which allows them to sell in high volume and make lots of money. Working as a team can also increase productivity by 500% or more or less.

Thanks. Yes, I do get Tips occasionally, but those are regular $5 Tips(+$4, yey). As for you other suggestion, yes I have a service that am using software, doing the job for me, but for the most part, I try to make everything myself. As for the team, I think this idea is far from me as of now. Thanks for your advices though.

Yes, raise your prices.You will get less orders but you will earn more. This is not just because of the math, but also because you attract buyers of a higher quality. You keep tire kickers, who want everything for free, outside the door.

If you don’t want to be treated like a commodity, don’t act like one (<- Seth Godin). Don’t offer revisions but try before the buyer accepts your custom offer or before he orders to make clear that you will help him even after the transaction. I do this all of the time and my clients are very keen on the relationship we built that way. They also become much more reasonable.

“60%-70% it gets send back to me to fix and eventually, after hours of work, I get it done and get paid $4–$8. I barely make $150-$200 a month and I work like a motherf*****”

Learn to work faster, $5 shouldn’t buy more than 15 minutes of your time. Also, when a buyer demands a revision, send him a $5 custom order, or whatever you think it’s fair for the extra work. If he doesn’t agree, just refund the order.

“From my prospective, these people are Harry Potter or some other magicians….”

Not really, it’s all about the gig extras. Yesterday for example I had 8 orders and made $92 after the 20%. Only three of my orders were $5. Here’s the best part, yesterday I didn’t do any work, today I will work. I will probably spend 1-3 hours. First I’ll do what’s due in 24 hours, then the rest.

Another trick is to do similar orders first. So if you had 3 orders that require Photoshop and 3 that demand Illustrator, start with the Photoshop work first. Clients will love you because sometimes you’ll end up delivering an order that’s due in 2-days instead of 1-day, so they’re getting it much faster than expected.

“But here is my situation now. I want to explain how I earn my money on this site and how the 99% of my orders come through. Let’s say someone orders to retouch their photos via Photoshop(real example). I will go to YouTube, type “Photoshop Photo Retouchment”, watch couple of videos, then return to the photos and do what I have learned. And I really earned a lot that way. When I stared, I knew only Paint(: D) and PowerPoint(used it to make my Gig Videos). Now I know Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects, Premier Pro, Adobe Audition, Explandio, Video Scribe and more.
But back to my point. When someone orders from me, there is almost always a learning part. It is mainly, because I don’t have the complete knowledge to do what I am suppose to(always accept the challenge, never turn down orders), so I go and research. Than I come back, use my new learnings to make it shine, send it, then 60%-70% it gets send back to me to fix and eventually, after hours of work, I get it done and get paid $4–$8. I barely make $150-$200 a month and I work like a motherf*****. Than I hear some guys making 3-4k a month and they work like 3-4 hours a day.”

It seems like you are offering gigs in areas you are not yet proficient in, then complaining that it takes you ages to do the gig and customers aren’t satisfied… If you aren’t proficient and you are learning things from youtube as you go then OF COURSE you are going to have to work harder than someone who has invested in their education and learned how to do these things BEFORE taking on jobs. You also take the risk that your clients may not be happy, because if you are only doing something for the first time or only have very little experience, it is likely you won’t do as good a job as someone who is experienced in that area.

If you learn how to remove a photoshop background from youtube just because someone has ordered that gig, then you should have to work harder than someone who already knows how to do that AND has the experience and skill to do a good job of that.

I think it is FANTASTIC that you are obviously a self-directed learner, that is awesome! It seems like you have already learned some great skills and want to continue to learn, however I think you need to keep your expectations realistic - in that the people earning a lot on fiverr or elsewhere, are able to do that because they have already done the hard yards and have honed their skills through extensive experience.

Hi Kalin, my take on this is although it’s nice to keep on learning new skills and talents… The way to really earn money here on fiverr is to instead of doing and relearning every skill… Focus on the ones that you enjoy the most and put all your energy into mastering that skill/talent/program/software… Be very proficient in one thing, focus all your energy into getting more efficient better on that service THEN focus on offering that service, make sure you deliver kickass content all the time and then charge more…

Clients will find you and you won’t have to market because your work speaks for yourself… You can charge more… You will have less revisions, happier clients, and trust me way less hours put into work.

Yes, I kind of wondered why many sellers, even top sellers had one-two gigs, where you could be having 17+ gigs. Think it is a nice advice you gave me. Think if somebody reads this thread from top to button can learn a lot.

Archived