No gig packages VS one gig package VS all 3 activated

onlinedzshop

Immediate results and only benefits in my opinion.

It was very rare before to have $5,- orders, but now I can eliminate them.
A big benefit is that tire kickers don’t knock on the door anymore. We all know those people who try to get everything for $5,- and try to start endless discussions. They are gone.

I dare say that the quality of the buyers is going up in this regard.

Through the gaps you can create between the packages there are more requests for custom offers coming in. I did mainly custom offers in the past, but now it seems that buyers are faster with sending me a request for one.

Guest alaiat

I haven’t had any sales yet but I prefer the gig package over the single gig.
The gig package look more professional and offers customers more options.

I always find these questions a bit “you show me yours and I’ll show you mine”. I agree this is a discussion we should be having, though, but presenting your own opinion and/or experience goes a long way.

I have one package and I only have the basic open I think? It was a joke gig more than anything. I won’t alter it until it has more reviews. All my other gigs are old style. I’m… yeah, I will change a couple that are getting repeat tirekickers one day I suppose.

That said, at this particular point in time, working my inbox is proving more effective. My main problem at this moment is that I’m a bit overstretched–but a month ago, I was under stretched. I want to hit a finer balance.

Tomorrow I have a guy to write for who ordered 15 or whatever the max is of basic gigs. On an old, unreformed one. That’s going to take up all (well, too much) of my day day and all (ok, a lot!) of my resources for a wage I find insulting. Or maybe I’m being spoilt with nice clients lately. Still, my most lazy effort is typically 100% better than the vast majority of my competitors (if you took offense to this statement, then you’re either having a bad day and taking everything personally or I’m right and you hate reality). Swings and roundabouts. I do think in my category it’s worth having a few lowballer gigs. It generally is, but someone has to come and ruin the party.

I am considering a “test gig” gig along with a “pick my brains” gig. Both of those are worth it with me, I feel. If a potential lead doesn’t feel it because they’re on Fiverr, well… stop wasting our time, I guess. End result–one cheap work test gig, the rest is my price. Don’t like the new price? Then go away and find someone else. I realize this is a TRS luxury, but don’t forget I had to work through the ranks as well.

Anyway, long point made short: there are plenty of ways to monetize your business and time here. It’s not just what Fiverr presents you. Read between the lines of moaners. They’re limiting themselves and blaming their tools. Nuff said.

I’m just starting out, only in my second month here, but I like the Packages. I can’t say that I have enough sales to give a good indication of their effectiveness, but I have sold a couple of my highest package. (One person did said that they meant to buy the highest package and somehow hit the wrong button, so they just bought more gigs to make up for it.) I have a question though: Will having packages help you get more impressions? Plus I hear from some sellers that they are afraid to change to packages because any change they make to their Gig lands them in a penalty box where their Impressions plummet and flatline. Is this something you have heard of? If so, you may have difficulty getting current Gigs to add packages.

One person did said that they meant to buy the highest package and somehow hit the wrong button, so they just bought more gigs to make up for it.

Yeah, you were lucky there. What you’ve heard is completely normal: packages are new and old sellers with successful gigs are reluctant to change up a winning formula. Read my post above. Start a new package and test it. You don’t have too much choice at this stage, anyway.

Not directly related to this response or thread even, but it just struck me the love/hate relationship that some new sellers have with older ones–“i need sell, you not, mek ways!” while others want advice.

Can anyone tell me what the smart approach is to this tug of war?

Archived