Gig denied after months running successfully

magellon

Hi there,

Recently I have approached Support for a problem I had with uploading completed jobs. I immediately received help (as usual) and finally after 2 or 3 members of the Support team suggested possible problems I might have, we finally came to a solution and all works well now. Unfortunately the Gig we were using as an example got denied a couple of days after that (nice!) with reason ¨Your Gig title, description, tags or image violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service¨. Okay fair enough, I guess that while trying to help me out, someone had a closer look at my Gig and found it unacceptable.

I contacted Support to have a bit more details but of course the answer was that they are not allowed to share any other information regarding this decision.

This Gig was very popular and attracted quite a lot of positive reviews, but the problem is that I don’t know what I have done wrong all of a sudden, the only thing I have changed recently is the first sentence of this Gig´s description and used the words ¨Fiverr¨ and ¨Gig¨. I have re-read the TOS and have not found anything that I have done wrong, so I hope that someone here will be able to tell me where I have faulted so that I don´t make the same mistake when creating a new Gig, or perhaps, I might need to review my active Gigs.

Is it possible that the use of words like Fiverr, Fiverr Gig, etc… are restricted?

Thanks for your help.

John

Thanks for coming back to me misscrystal.

The title was ¨I will promote your FIVERR Gigs¨, the image which is attached was purchased ages ago from a graphic designer on Fiverr who is still operating and has done a lot of work for me.

The description of my Gig was:

According to Fiverr, promoted gigs, are 3 times more likely to sell!

Get visitors to your Fiverr business using the same effective process I use to promote my own Gigs very successfully.

I have become an expert in social media marketing over the years and I am offering you to share your Gigs with my huge number of my fans and followers. I can promote a particular Gig (which I recommend), or your complete Fiverr profile page.

Your basic $5 investment will consist of me posting your Gig’s title and URL to my over 103,000 faithful and HIGHLY responsive Twitter Followers. This is how I started making sales, and it will already get you to a good start, but if you want faster and better results, I suggest that you consider taking a larger package that I have specifically designed for Fiverr sellers.

However, I DO NOT guarantee clicks or sales as it really depends on how much my followers might be interested in what you are offering.

Your message will be posted ONCE per order but will remain live PERMANENTLY.

So, click on the “Order Now” button , after adding some of the great Extras and let’s get started.

Tags: TRAFFIC, GIG TRAFFIC, FIVERR TRAFFIC, QUALITY TRAFFIC, FIVERR GIG TRAFFIC

I googled that image and see it a lot all over twitter and some other places although it seems like it’s being openly used. You could try a different image and create a new gig for this with a slightly different description, and make sure it’s original. I don’t see anything wrong with the description or tags. I’m not sure what the problem was unless it was the image so my guess is as good as yours.

I think you are quite right misscrystal, it must be the image that is the problem. I do promote extensively over 50+ social networks, plus it seems that a few people are using my image, so maybe Fiverr had an image search and of course seeing it all over the place, was a bit too much. If I don´t have my images created by my usual Fiverr seller, I normally buy my images from 123RF, they are royalty free stock photos, I guess that´s legal? Reading the TOS again, the chapter about using images, are we compelled to purchase our images from GettyImages®?

Thanks for your great help.

John

We are encouraged but not mandated to use the Getty image extra when selling, but not really for our own gigs. Actually, Fiverr doesn’t encourage the use of stock images on gigs or profiles even if they are legal.

Your denial could have been the image, or the mention of 3rd party social media which is now a grey area here. It also could have been using a gig to help with other gigs. For reasons I’m not sure about, some stay up but several people have had gigs denied for offering gig help, promotion, etc.

fonthaunt you mention that my Gig could have been denied for offering Gig promotion. Although Fiverr encourage us to promote our Gigs as they say ¨Promoted gigs are 3 times more likely to sell!¨ and place buttons to make it easy for us to promote on Twitter, FB, G+ and LinkedIn, they probably encourage us to promote our own Gigs, and not really sellers to offer to promote for other sellers, but then, there are thousands of sellers offering to promote one way or the other other sellers´ Gigs, including a few TRSs. I guess I will have to find myself a new skill then. 🙂

John, that gig promotion one is only something I mentioned because of reading some other posts, so take that one with a grain of salt. I’m really not sure what the deal is with that one. I know that one popular user tried to offer a gig offering to help other users create better gigs and it was denied with a vague reason. I’ve seen a few other people say that they’ve had Fiverr-related gigs denied, but I also know of quite a few that are still up. So, yours might not be anything to do with that. I haven’t directly seen one denied for offering to promote gigs. I only wanted to give you the info because it never hurts to know all the possibilities.

I think it’s a good idea to offer it. Maybe they do want us to promote our own gigs instead and if so, it might not work out, but no harm in trying. It’s like any gig that might fall into one of those borderline places, though, I wouldn’t rest too many eggs in that basket even if it goes fine with the other changes. Best wishes with it!

~Maddie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived