New "Contacts" section

webtelly

I truly hope for the sake of Fiverr and all the good sellers here that people don’t use the spam part of the new Contacts page. That’s great if you can use it to track things and if you have a regular buyer that you have a nice offer for I suppose used sparingly it might be a good thing.

I worry that way too many people are going to use it to slam their previous buyers with good offers or bad offers because that is already going on in other ways. If you use it that way you’ll make other sellers look bad too and you may end up blacklisted by buyers that otherwise might have come back.

For everyone saying it’s a bug - that’s what I thought too but then I read a post (that seems to have disappeared now) by a certain top-rated seller that said the “Amount spent” shows the total amount spent by the buyer in a certain period of time INCLUDING the amount spent on your gigs.

Which means, the amount you see wasn’t just spent on your gigs, it includes money spent on orders from other sellers too - hence the higher figure.

This could be wrong (because it would mean some buyers purchased only from me and then disappeared forever o.O ) but this is what I read.

@fonthaunt Well, let’s break down the logic behind your worrying about what other sellers might do: 1) If a seller has a lot of contacts, this most likely means that they have a lot of business; which means they are probably too busy with new business every day to think about backtracking and offering anything to their contact list. Furthermore, much business most likely includes repeat and regular customers who do not need to be accessed through the contact list, because they are continuously ordering more through the gig front door. 2) A seller with few contacts means they have done little business; which means they are either new, or not in demand. If new, then they have every right to make another offer to their contacts. If that offer is refused, then I am sure they will have the good sense to cease contacting that buyer. If established and having slow business, the same is true; in fact, they have the right to try and establish repeat business and therefore regular customers by proffering either bulk deals or some such good offer. Again, I am sure that any seller has the good sense not to harass their contact list.

So, I hope this puts your worries to rest. I happen to fall into category 1, praise the Lord; as I just have too much business flooding through the front door to even think about going back and canvassing my contact list. The thought never crossed my mind, until you brought it up; so thank you for suggesting the doomsday scenario for today’s lively discussion on this brand new helpful tool for tracking our success as sellers.

Um…yeah, like someone else mentioned on this thread already, the information next to the buyers isn’t strictly accurate across the board. I know that it only tracks the number orders/money from completed orders, but it still isn’t correct. Next to a bunch of buyers it has a dollar amount that I know is wrong.

I really like the idea, even so I can just scroll through and see who the big spenders are or, when I come back from suspending my gigs or a vacation or I’m having a dry spell, I can message my regular buyers and let them know I’m back, but I’d like it to actually work properly.

Archived