How I use Social Media to Market my Fiverr Gigs [ARCHIVED]

jamesbulls

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I’m not speaking for @jamesbulls and he may have something to add, I don’t think anyone can answer your question. The number of sales you can expect to get per day is going to vary greatly according to a wide number of factors. Promotion is one factor that may help you a lot or may do absolutely nothing, because among other things, your promotions have to be for a gig that people want to buy.

Your gig description matters, your profile matters, your images and samples matter, your speed matters, your ability to deliver as described and so on and on and on… Besides all that, you could be the greatest seller on Fiverr who normally gets hundreds of orders every day and you’ll still go through dry spells. Counting on any set number of orders per day would be a massive mistake in any form of freelance work.

Sales-per-day is misleading. What you really need to focus on is your net income per day. For example: my goal is $30 per day, because that gives me a $900 USD paycheck monthly, or at the present rate of conversion, $1,275 CAD, which is about what I would be making with a 9-5 elsewhere only in 1/3 of the time. I need 6 sales per day to make my goal, and I only sell one thing: 10 minutes of my time.

So what that means is that I want 1 hour of work per day to replace a full-time job elsewhere. Many clients buy just 10 minutes at a time, but a fair number also buy 20-40 minutes at a time, and while it’s easy to look at this as, “Oh, I sold X number of 10-minutes today,” I look at this in terms of engagement with my clients. MANY clients make two purchases within 48 hours, and a fair number will make more than three purchases in a single week. So for those people, I didn’t sell four 10-minutes, I sold one 40-minute.

So what I’m trying to say is that I don’t always get six orders per day, but I do make close to $50 in sales every day. It’s not a lot compared to some sellers, but it’s what I need to make ends meet and feed my family, so I’m very happy with it.

Make sense? I’m rambling…

… Anyway, the reason sales-per-day is misleading is because you need to focus on how you tailor your services for each client. Use one sale as an opportunity to up-sell into a larger purchase. Use larger purchases as a way to sell bulk- or bundled-purchases. There’s no trickery in this, it’s just finding ways to give your customers they themselves say they want at a price that works for both of you.

It may be difficult to make custom offers depending on what you’re selling on Fiverr, but learning to communicate with your clients like you’re a real person who can compromise, negotiate uncertain deals, etc. is the key to making more and bigger sales. And again, no trickery here: this is just basic salesmanship, and your customers will appreciate that you take the lead in the conversation. This is your show, and your clients expect you to be standing in the spotlight.

If you’re looking at my Google+ page with my profile and stream, then no - you won’t see a seller badge - but you will see a pinned post with an image more descriptive of me and my services. You’ll also see a link to my Fiverr page on my detailed info page. Also, if you visit my blog that’s also linked there, you’ll find my Fiverr badge embedded on the right side of the page.

Yeah, I’m glad you found it to be helpful. It was pinned for quite a while and got a very positive response. I made that guide because it’s the thing I wished was available to me when I started selling in February of last year. It gives me warm-and-fuzzies to know it’s appreciated!

Communities are important, but Google+ is moving toward curatorship which is placing an emphasis on collections. My main collection is “Tarot,” and it’s where I share anything and everything Tarot related. For me, it’s rather easy because the stuff I add to the collection doesn’t need to be adjusted to fit the audience: it just works.

If you’re a graphic designer, for example, you WON’T want to join a community about graphic design where you talk about color gradients, digital editing options, etc. Instead, you should use your skills as a graphic designer to, uh… make funny pictures? Create something funny and - this is the most important part - in line with your personality. So, maybe photoshop politicians into funny or compromising situations? And so on.

Make a collection where you share this stuff, and throw in some conversation about what you do. Put links in the actual images you share, and if the stuff is funny, people will re/share it and get you some exposure. The point is, find ways to use the services you offer to tie into things that almost anybody can relate to. Did that make sense?

Gahh… I’m failing you, I know it.

The community “Random Thoughts” on Google+ is a good content dump, but again, if you’re just spamming links it won’t do a thing except get you ignored. You have to find a way to encourage attention and make people understand how whatever it is you do will benefit them personally.

Sometimes people post this same advice but I don’t find them anywhere:
favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

How to sell yourself on Fiverr to get more sales? Must read this!

What do I mean when I say sell yourself? I mean that when you are selling your services, you are actually selling yourself. So how you come across online or off is reflective of your success, your ability, and your professionalism. Your personality...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 4 ❤

I really looked for this seller on social media but didn’t find him but you were easy to find.

Archived