How I use Social Media to Market my Fiverr Gigs [ARCHIVED]

jamesbulls

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google+ is awesome too. Not sure why it hasn’t caught on fire like FaceBook did. I use Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest for my knitting patterns writting that I do, and now I just jumped on FaceBook to share my Explainer Videos here on Fiverr.

Has anyone started a blog dedicated exclusively to their Fiverr work? I found a graphic design fellow that does work here on Fiverr for business cards maintains a website with a video podcast with it. It appears that he is doing VERY well in his city (NYC) and on Fiverr.

Great article!
Nin

What I’ve found is that although some platforms are bigger than others, in a sense it doesn’t really matter what platform you use as long as you keep busy and do a good job of engaging your audience. Google+ saves me a lot of time since it’s integrated with my YouTube, Gmail, etc, so that’s what I prefer.

Guest hawkkseo

Well I too use google+ but I could not get any traffic at all, the reason might be i’m not that expert as you. Your tips are always healthy and sound good to me:)

I have my Fiverr profile badge embedded on my business blog, and my Google+ profile has a profile-related post pinned to the top so everybody who visits me will see it, but other than that I don’t advertise. I do a lot of free readings, and that generates interest in who I am and what I do, but even in my free readings I don’t say anything about paid readings. I let people become curious about me let them be the ones to visit my profile. I don’t sell them anything - they sell the service to themselves.

Does it “work?” The answer is yes. The number of sales I make is directly related to how much off-Fiverr work I do, and the results are fast. If I skip a day on my blogging, the next 1-2 days will be slower than usual. There’re clients to be met, but it’s a constant struggle to get in front of faces.

The Fiverr analytics aren’t worth much, so it’s difficult for me to say where my traffic is coming from, but my best guess is that ~65% of my sales are the result of customers I recruit from off of Fiverr. Probably ~20% of my present sales are people who found me via Fiverr. The remaining ~15% is the result of referrals - I have quite a few clients who place orders for their friends and family.

Having said all that, though, if I plotted the “weight” of my income, I’d say that ~50% of my income is the product of repeat sales. Most of my clients will start with a $5 order, and then they’ll move to a $25 or $45 order. So yes, recruiting new clients is important, but caring for my existing clients is even more important.

• 3 weeks later...

If you feel differently, you’re very welcome to explain why. As for me, the only social networking I do is on Google+, and I’m presently ranked #3 in my parent category and #2 in my sub-category. I’m doing something, and it works for me, so I’m going to keep doing it.

Google+ is moving toward curatorship. The emphasis now is on Communities and Collections. I genuinely enjoy several communities on Google+ and I use them for interacting with like minds, but the bulk of my “advertising,” such as it is, comes from my Tarot collection where I share daily content and also re/share Tarot-related articles picked up on Google search. My Tarot collection gathers probably ~15 new followers a week, and I cross-share some of that content to other communities for extra attention. As I’ve said in other places, I’m presently ranked #3 in my parent category and #2 in my sub-category, so I must be doing something right.

Archived