How I use Social Media to Market my Fiverr Gigs [ARCHIVED]

jamesbulls

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies, let me clarify #2. You become an active member of the group by conversing with the group & replying to topics (just as we do in this forum). Once people get acquainted with who you are, then invite them to be friends. I do not suggest randomly adding friends. Most would probably deny the request or suggest that you are spamming, you are correct.

Guest hawkkseo

Due to some family problems, I couldn’t login on fiverr to turn vacation mood on last month. During this time period, I couldn’t complete any order been made. Consequently, my rating has gone down to 63%.
Please tell me any way to recover.

This isn’t the place to talk about how to improve your gig, but for what it’s worth I found your problem: you’re advertising yourself as a professional writer, but your seller profile and gig description are written with poor punctuation and hideous formatting. Doesn’t matter if your customers themselves aren’t professional writers: they know how to sort spit from shine at a glance, and you’re not falling on the side of shine.

But James, just a heads up, according to Google, one of the meanings of professional is, ˝Engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as an amateur˝.

So perhaps he (ssj1236) was/is a paid writer in/on other places. Personally I am not a native speaker of English. So it doesn´t matter how many people say how fluent I am in English, perhaps I will never be as good as native speakers. But in the past I got paid by the companies where I used to work for writing and translating. There was always an editor to proofread and edit my writings. Cheers 🙂

Customers aren’t going to waste their time thinking about semantics. A certain level of quality is assumed when you use the word “professional,” and even without it a certain level of quality is expected when paying money for writing services. If the seller offering this service can’t use proper punctuation and formatting, customers aren’t going look twice.

I understand what you mean. When you say you are a professional, people will assume you are an expert and flawless (whether you like it or not). There are so many competitors on Fiverr, so everyone´s gigs should look as outstanding as they can possibly be to attract and get buyers. Even when the gigs look good it still doesn´t guarantee that a seller will get a buyer. Apparently I have seen many new sellers here have complained and been impatient, yet there are still many things they need to improve/work on. Cheers.

Archived