Success score is impossible to beat

steelphoenix

Hi everyone, 

This is going to be a long post where I will be blowing off some steam and dumping my disgust with the algorithm on the platform I live off of.

I hope they won't ban be or give me any trouble for this, but since I haven't gotten any useful and applicable tips and suggestions how to improve from my success managers and the support team, I am coming to you guys to see if any one as had any luck or found a way to keep their score at level 7 or 8. If someone got to 9 please let me know how.

A short intro:

I have been selling graphic design services since 2014, so almost 10 years now. I have smashed all the required parameters to achieve the TOP RATED SELLER status but never got it.

In August I got a project offline (the biggest one so far) and it took me a full two months to complete. In that period I have turned off my gig promotions for a month, since I could not take on any more work. After turning them off I sill got clicks and inquires for about 3 weeks, but I politely sent them them to a different seller. After my projects was done I turned on my promotions again and it again took about 3 weeks for them to kick in. Now its the end of October and I have dropped in my Success Score from 8 to 6 in just 2 weeks.

As you can see all of my gigs are at level 8, except one which is 7. The average score is well above 7 but still I am at level 6.

The irony of it all is that the gig with the score of 7 has the 2ost sales (over 2000), and the Fiverr's Choice badge.

The support team although good and fast in response, never gives ma any constructive feedback, just try to be polite, fast in response and other generic answers that are already known to me. 

Does any one have clean and clear feedback that I can actually use? I would love to hear what helped you out.

Nik

6.png.68e4fb96bb0943726debbdbc336856ca.png6b.png.6588ed3719972c20ca22dbd2d372d78f.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steelphoenix said:

Hi everyone, 

This is going to be a long post where I will be blowing off some steam and dumping my disgust with the algorithm on the platform I live off of.

I hope they won't ban be or give me any trouble for this, but since I haven't gotten any useful and applicable tips and suggestions how to improve from my success managers and the support team, I am coming to you guys to see if any one as had any luck or found a way to keep their score at level 7 or 8. If someone got to 9 please let me know how.

A short intro:

I have been selling graphic design services since 2014, so almost 10 years now. I have smashed all the required parameters to achieve the TOP RATED SELLER status but never got it.

In August I got a project offline (the biggest one so far) and it took me a full two months to complete. In that period I have turned off my gig promotions for a month, since I could not take on any more work. After turning them off I sill got clicks and inquires for about 3 weeks, but I politely sent them them to a different seller. After my projects was done I turned on my promotions again and it again took about 3 weeks for them to kick in. Now its the end of October and I have dropped in my Success Score from 8 to 6 in just 2 weeks.

As you can see all of my gigs are at level 8, except one which is 7. The average score is well above 7 but still I am at level 6.

The irony of it all is that the gig with the score of 7 has the 2ost sales (over 2000), and the Fiverr's Choice badge.

The support team although good and fast in response, never gives ma any constructive feedback, just try to be polite, fast in response and other generic answers that are already known to me. 

Does any one have clean and clear feedback that I can actually use? I would love to hear what helped you out.

Nik

6.png.68e4fb96bb0943726debbdbc336856ca.png6b.png.6588ed3719972c20ca22dbd2d372d78f.png

Hey steelphoenix

I am sorry to hear about your situation, and I definitely empathize with you

While I cannot speak for sure about whether your time off Fiverr working on that project had an impact on what happened next, I can absolutely relate to what you mentioned about your 7-scoring gig that has a lot of sales — even with a Fiverr's Choice badge. I am in a similar boat. In fact, my case might be even worse because I have a gig with a 4 rating, yet it is the one with the most orders, all with 5-star public reviews. And when I check the Level Overview, it does not even show any metrics that need improvement

Of course, I assume Fiverr's new level system was intended to improve things, and the intention behind it was good. However, it really feels like they rolled out a BETA version, with us sellers doing the testing — and dealing with the consequences

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steelphoenix said:

I wish it was so simple and straight forward for all of us but unfortunately its not. 

There are a lot of layers to the system and a lot of POVs from the community. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

The Success Score system relies on multiple factors and may not be as straightforward as we expect. That said, I genuinely think the new system is flawed and does not work well. This is Fiverr’s issue to fix, not something we should try understand

Take my case for example: I have no cancellations, 34 completed orders, and an overall 5-star rating. My gig with the highest number of completed orders and satisfied clients (based on our public communication), is scoring a 4. Yet, I receive this message: "These key areas impact this Gig’s score the most: There are no specific areas significantly impacting your Gig's score". This suggests that the system is not working well

34 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Success score is irrelevant anyway. Having 10 success score means nothing in terms of revenue. It should, but it doesn't. Just ignore it.

I agree that as long as we are receiving orders and making money, the Success Score may not matter. However, it still hurts to be demoted after putting in time and effort, especially for reasons that are hard to understand under the new system 

18 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

I have a 10 success score. I'd trade it for orders.

You not getting orders with 10 success score? 

7 hours ago, steelphoenix said:

I have been stuck at score 8 for a while month at least. Since then I have maintained 10 score for half year. It's possible but not sure how it works.