How it all started 10 years ago 🤯

vovkaslovesnyy

TL;DR: I am praising Fiverr for changing my life 😁

10 years ago, in June 2014, I was looking for a website to cartoonize one of my photos (I don't remember the exact reason for it, but I needed a cartoon version of myself). 

At that time, I had no idea about Fiverr.

When I found it, it looked something like this 😅 (good old non-AI days). 

2024-06-11_22-08-00.png.d58e46e8b21e50cc11ab1073f0766075.png

I was able to get what I wanted, and this cartoon version of me was used on my website and even became a decoration in one of my rooms.

vovkaslovesnyy.jpg.c732489a08be98900d296c9275cecb76.jpg

Then, I decided to offer my translation services on the platform. It was more like, "Well, I can get a couple of bucks when I have some free time."

By 2016, I was able to leave my main job and totally shift my attention to freelancing. 

I decided to offer additional services, and, as we say in Russian, "it took off."

In 2021, when I had to deal with a total retinal detachment, I received a notification telling me that I was chosen to become a TRS (I was literally sitting in my car near Minsk and thinking about the meaning of life while seeing the world with one eye). 

I have to say, it was one of the most difficult moments in my life (when you know that there are high chances that you will be 50% blind).

However, that single notification changed my mood, and three years later, I enjoy 90% of my initial vision. 

It was that moment in my life when I really needed that notification. 

In 2022, I had to move to another country, and I will always remember all those good things that Chris Banaszek did for me. 

He was my success manager at that time, and he helped with all the legal and technical issues to restore my account in no time. 

After that, we worked with Chiara, and currently, my manager is Samantha (Fiverr needs to protect her at all costs!), who always saves me from another heart attack. 

Today, I am starting a new decade on Fiverr and hope to share a similar post in 2034 (when I'll be 47 😒). I hope that many of us will be still here criticizing another new feature on the platform 😁.

I made this post to thank all the people working under the hood of the platform for what they do, especially Chris, Chiara, Samantha, and Ran. 

Your work changes lives, and this is the most important thing for me. 

• Like 47
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 8

Seems you joined a few months after I did, I started working here January 5th or so, 2014. And I had a client the first day I joined, since then it's been a blessing, with the rare curse along the way of course, like any type of work you do there will be some downsides. Just like you, I am very grateful for the opportunities. Not sure how many will still be here in 10 more years. Funnily enough I will be 47 as well in 2034. Well, to many more decades on Fiverr and.. of course, hopefully we stay healthy!

• Like 26
  • Up 2

Hi @vovkaslovesnyy! Thanks for creating this post. It truly warms my heart to know just how much Fiverr has impacted you through the years.

Thanks for sticking with us as you navigated all the changes with the platform and your personal life! Congrats on the ten-year mark and cheers to another great decade! 🥂 

• Like 19

@vovkaslovesnyy  Congratulations on hitting such an amazing milestone in your career. Here's to another decade of success!!! 🥳  It's inspiring to hear your story and all that you've been through. I'm honored to be a part of your Fiverr journey, so thank you for being so wonderful to work with! Keep up the amazing work and know that my door is always open if you need anything.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• Kesha featured this topic

Congratulations on this amazing journey and the achievements that came with it, @vovkaslovesnyy! Your story gives me hope and motivates me to keep going forward with full force!

And I cannot stress enough how much I second this statement: 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:30 PM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

my manager is Samantha (Fiverr needs to protect her at all costs!), who always saves me from another heart attack. 

This kind of post is exactly the reason I've joined the forum! Seing people happy with their experiences and reading success stories on Fiverr is such a breath of fresh air! After finishing reading your post, I was left wanting for more!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2024 at 12:30 AM, vovkaslovesnyy said:

In 2022, I had to move to another country, and I will always remember all those good things that Chris Banaszek did for me. 

He was my success manager at that time, and he helped with all the legal and technical issues to restore my account in no time. 

After that, we worked with Chiara, and currently, my manager is Samantha (Fiverr needs to protect her at all costs!), who always saves me from another heart attack. 

Congratulations, Mate. Welcome back.

For this part, Did you account got suspended when you moved the country? or what happened? Because I am moving to a new country and I am worried about this part as well. 

Thank you.

• Like 3

This is such an inspiring story! It's amazing how a simple search for a cartoon self-led to a successful freelance career on Fiverr. As a WordPress expert, I can especially appreciate how the platform empowered you to offer your services and build a thriving business.

• Like 1