Blocking Spam Messages

Posted (edited)

Why 95% of buyers from india are asking to contact through watsapp through fiverr message? I did block nearly 50 persons of them! I really facing this issue from the beginning! 

Edited by picvidpro
to make more clear
  • Like 5

Please fiverr...Please take strict action to stop indian buyers from giving phone numbers in fiverr messages! Really very frustration! They are asking for gig service, once we accept to do the work, suddenly they are giving watsapp number in the form of picture! 99% of indian buyers doing this! I really need to increase my gig ratings..but this is happening! Someone help me! Tired of reporting them as scam!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, picvidpro said:

Please fiverr...Please take strict action to stop indian buyers from giving phone numbers in fiverr messages! Really very frustration! They are asking for gig service, once we accept to do the work, suddenly they are giving watsapp number in the form of picture! 99% of indian buyers doing this! I really need to increase my gig ratings..but this is happening! Someone help me! Tired of reporting them as scam!

And you should stop complaining here because no one can help you on the Forum. Better to contact Fiverr Support via email or send a ticket to them.

• Up 8

1 hour ago, picvidpro said:

If a person with 400+ sales does not yet have a basic understanding of how this platform functions and how support works, I have no words.

Do you really think that you are going to get a different response than "please report such buyers"? Like, c'mon, what else can Fiverr do? Ban all Indian buyers at once -- or stop operating in India? The only option is to report such buyers, and that's it! Beyond that, neither you, customer support, nor even the CEO of the company can do anything more.

• Like 1
  • Up 3

Posted (edited)

I have worked with several Indian clients and some of them were really nice, while others were.........Idiotic.

But then this doesn't mean it's a fault in their nationality. You can get good as well as bad buyers from any part of the globe. 

Edited by rabihumakhan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

The only option is to report such buyers, and that's it! Beyond that, neither you, customer support, nor even the CEO of the company can do anything more.

Fiverr could automatically scan any text in attachment images for the same sorts of things they scan inbox messages for. Just like they scan links/attachments for viruses.

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 2

7 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Fiverr could automatically scan any text in attachment images for the same sorts of things they scan inbox messages for. Just like they scan links/attachments for viruses.

Then people will send numbers in zip files, temporary Pastebin links, and the possibilities are endless. The thing is that spam can NEVER be stopped -- nor can it be minimized -- as people are smarter than AI algorithms (at least for now, haha). They will always figure out 20 ways to send a number, no matter how strong the system is.

The only solution (and the actual thing that can make an impact) is human input --- reporting the profiles manually. That responsibility falls ONLY on us (sellers).

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I nearly blocked around more than 50 members while they trying to send me their watsapp numbers in fiverr messages, so they want me to contact outside of fiverr...So I report them as spam once they sent me their number... will this affect my profile if I block too many spam messages?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

same thing happened with me , a person sent me a text file with message written to contact on whatsapp ? i told him to share details on fiver and place order. never contacted him outside fiver.. it is definitely scammers

Edited by saadi_coder
  • Like 2