Do you believe that Fiverr is becoming an unstable freelance marketplace now!

9 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

But you are getting orders these days then how can you say that?

They still might be getting orders, but maybe not how they used to be earlier.

They might experienced instability income wise after update.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, coerdelion said:

We *are* open minded towards AI - just not to the way Fiverr is deploying it ... !

Rejecting Fiverr's brand of AI shows a regressive mindset. You're now being disruptive, resisting progress and innovation. 🫡

Disclaimer: I've been graciously instructed to adopt a more "open-minded" perspective. Therefore, I'm employing meticulously crafted corporate jargon to mask my less than boundless enthusiasm for Fiverr's ingenious strategy. After all, who would stand in the way of progress? 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

My success manager told me during our last meeting that there are fewer buyers on the Fiverr platform than before.
Fewer buyers mean that there is less work for many freelancers.

I had a discussion about this with my success manager. Since I’m not getting any orders i asked him if the general market place is down, but he didn't give an answer to it. So I'm guessing that fewer buyer maybe the problem. 

Is anybody else struggling with fewer orders this month?

• Like 2
  • Up 1

If you are still doing well on Fiverr, count your blessings. You are fortunate. You've made it to the preferred list. There is only so much work to go around and you are first to the trough. The rest of us however have seen our progress be shattered. And frankly, you're all good, but you're not that special. So to hear that I should just "do better" from those who don't have to, lands like a lead balloon. 
I'm down to a whopping 23 impressions a day from 1500. I know for a fact some of you are doing 2-6k a day. I challenge you to squeeze out any business out of 100 a day. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, fareeharazi said:

I had a discussion about this with my success manager. Since I’m not getting any orders i asked him if the general market place is down, but he didn't give an answer to it. So I'm guessing that fewer buyer maybe the problem. 

Is anybody else struggling with fewer orders this month?

it's not just this month and there have been quite a few people with sparkly 'scores' who've shared the same or similar stories of a significant decrease in traffic and sales.

• Up 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, grayprogrammerz said:

They still might be getting orders, but maybe not how they used to be earlier.

They might experienced instability income wise after update.

They might have experienced low income but do you think they should become crybabies when they are getting $250 projects every time? They should be grateful and also should feel lucky that they are better than the newbies. 

Edited by smartdezigns
Updated Content
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

They might have experienced low income but do you think they should become crybabies when they are getting $250 projects every time? They should be grateful and also should feel lucky that they are better than the newbies. 

People live in their own bubbles!! 🥲

Irrespective of their vintage or experience, their basic instinct wants salaried-employee kinda financial stability from a freelance platform which is constantly changing, shaking and (r)evolving. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

55 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

People live in their own bubbles!! 🥲

Irrespective of their vintage or experience, their basic instinct wants salaried-employee kinda financial stability from a freelance platform which is constantly changing, shaking and (r)evolving. 

I think they cannot differentiate anything between the freelancing and proper office job.

In the freelancing world, flow of income can never be constant or stable. It varies. For instance, since the rolling out of the new level system (till the April 2024), my flow of earning had been slow but still survived.. But this month (May 2024) has been the best month so far yet.. So I mean to say in the freelancing world, financial stability is not possible.. But still I never complained that I am getting less orders or flow of earning has been slow, this and that etc. :classic_ninja:

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

They should be proud what they are currently, no doubt.

They are already TRS, %1, having highest scores compare to other sellers in market.

But there's another factor, target. I have seen guys even earning 3-6K+ a month, complaining.

and some are even happier with $5. Depends on brain, location and category.

Sparrow is happy for just being able to fly and eagle isn't happy, even cutting sky. lol

Edited by grayprogrammerz
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

I have seen guys even earning 3-6K+ a month, complaining.

Because they are being ungrateful and have not realized yet that they are doing better than others.

Also, they have never tried to put themselves in other shoes so they don't know anything about others too. 

• Like 1

One thing to consider is that some people who end up doing well on Fiverr end up outsourcing their work to others. It seems normal in some countries that you open an office and hire people. Those people get really hurt when Fiverr eventually does something that turns, say, $5k months into $500 months (worse, there's nothing you can see that impacted you and your SM is... unable to help you). Is it wise for them to do all this and not also use their manpower to build off-platform business? No. But it happens. That's not ingratitude - that's the horror and despair of your business disappearing in front of your eyes for no obvious reason and having to let people go and feeling responsible for their issues.

The alternative is to not outsource (my route) and get chronic illness as a result of stress. I also know of some sellers who became alcoholics or developed other bad/unhealthy habits to cope. Of course, some people don't do either and find a happy balance. But there's usually something that comes with the price of success on Fiverr - and whether anyone agrees with that or not, it's not hard to understand why they might complain when their success comes to a crashing halt.

None of these are Fiverr-specific problems, they can happen with any business. It's just that Fiverr holds back a lot of data and can turn on people very quickly with that "secret" data, even if all your visible metrics are basically 100%. In your own business, you would have access to those hidden metrics and would be able to adapt before things took a nosedive.

It also doesn't help that traffic is declining as seller numbers swell etc. 

Yrs, someone who used to make almost $10k/mo on Fiverr and who now makes less than 1k, but still has a 10 success score and probably a 5-star profile with the new review system.

• Like 1
  • Up 4

17 hours ago, texvox said:

That said... Fiverr is not a platform where you want to put a majority of your effort right now if you aren't already established here. Building a business on the back of a mysterious algorithm operating in the shadows is never your best bet, and pouring a ton of effort into a platform with such a mysterious algorithm that feels like it's convulsing at the moment would be unwise.

Quote of the year. Kudos. 

• Up 2