Qr code scam Profile verification

It's similar type of phishing as in this page where they try to get people to scan a fake QR code (not from Fiverr even though it says "Fiverr" on it) that sends them a bad link but has "Fiverr" in the URL and the Fiverr system allows users to put "Fiverr Support" in their display name (which makes people think it's real). The scammers then try to get people to enter their card details and then try to withdraw their money. Though the first image looks different (it's hard to tell exactly as it's cut off). 

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

I'm very new to this and this is only my second message ever on this platform, and it would be my 1st order so I'm not at all sure if this is normal. 

"Hello Jasmynne'svoice! I received this message when placing my order. They told me to forward this QR-code to you for further verification of your profile. I have already provided all the details of the order." 
Then they sent a QR code that leads to a site that looks live Fiverr but its asking for me to enter payment details.

Since its potentially my 1st order I don't know if its just something that still hasn't been done

Thanks!

Screenshot_20240324_181042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240324_181108_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

I also received a spam message today. It irritates me a lot because I get some many of them.

I always block and report these users so that they cannot annoy me any more, also they don't negatively affect my response rate.

Thanks! Stay safe, people.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, some message me on my fiverr saller account by the name Support he asked me that they are fiverr support team and send me a Qr to scan but, i not scan tge Qr this messanger is belong to na ther land, and ofter this message i also asked him that fiverr not send any user directly messages to it's inbox but not reply, 

In this case what i need to do scan the Qr or complain this message 

• Like 9

On 4/17/2024 at 5:32 AM, nomanlatif25 said:

Hi, some message me on my fiverr saller account by the name Support he asked me that they are fiverr support team and send me a Qr to scan but, i not scan tge Qr this messanger is belong to na ther land, and ofter this message i also asked him that fiverr not send any user directly messages to it's inbox but not reply, 

In this case what i need to do scan the Qr or complain this message 

Hi too.

It's a scam. Reply to the message with the "Hi" and then report it (spam)/block.

If anyone asks for your personal contact details + telegram + QR etc., report them immediately as sharing personal details on Fiverr is strictly prohibited else you will get a warning (account suspension). 

• Like 12

How is this Allowed on Fiverr ???

I was just chilling in my gig page until I received this in my inbox, as you can see this looks like Fiverr Support, But No This is from a hacker pretending to be Fiverr Support telling me my account was suspended and I need to activate it with my Credit Card, and the funny thing is I nearly fell for it....  They sent me an image with a QR code, asking me to scan it with my phone, it sends you to a Fake Link and a chat will pop up, IF YOU DO WHAT THIS GUY IS TELLING YOU YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

Please do something about this, a random person should not be able to impersonate Fiverr Support.... The security in the website is flowed 

Screenshot 2024-04-23 211957.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 5

I just got a message like this saying my account was "temporarily suspended for suspicious activity" when I started my gig YESTERDAY. I checked the QR code but did not introduce any personal information as this seemed extremely suspicious. I can't even find the original message. THANK YOU!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, theeugeen said:

I just got a message like this saying my account was "temporarily suspended for suspicious activity" when I started my gig YESTERDAY. I checked the QR code but did not introduce any personal information as this seemed extremely suspicious. I can't even find the original message. THANK YOU!

I'm so glad that helped someone avoid this very convincing fishing attack, I hope Fiverr does something about it cause when I research it I found out a lot of vulnerabilities, they literally target new sellers and fresh accounts who have no Idea what they are doing, and proceed to talk to them as "Fiverr Support", I hope They do something about it..

if you gave away any info, about your bank account or bank company to this attacker please contact your Bank company immediately, they could do all sort of things with Credit Card Info with your name on it.

Good Luck and stay safe on the internet.

• Like 5

It's basic internet safety though. You check who is contacting you, and you don't just randomly open any file. Fiverr doesn't really contact you via the inbox, they will send a message. And if someone does contact you via your inbox, which is extremely rare, it's obvious they are from Fiverr. But yeah, people need to be very careful because scammers can easily get a hold of their data.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, dreamscape47_ said:

I'm so glad that helped someone avoid this very convincing fishing attack, I hope Fiverr does something about it cause when I research it I found out a lot of vulnerabilities, they literally target new sellers and fresh accounts who have no Idea what they are doing, and proceed to talk to them as "Fiverr Support", I hope They do something about it..

if you gave away any info, about your bank account or bank company to this attacker please contact your Bank company immediately, they could do all sort of things with Credit Card Info with your name on it.

Good Luck and stay safe on the internet.

I did contact my bank afterwards just to see what I can do in case I detect suspicious movements in my bank account. I turned on the notifications for my movements in my bank app.

Also, just an hour ago I recieved another VERY likely scam DM from someone who did not specify what they wanted but just asked me to contact them on Telegram and I "could get paid". That scumbag also deleted his message very little after I saw it. Be aware for these scammers as this is the SECOND scam attempt I get in 1 single day!

• Like 2

Hello @najmusshadat 

30 minutes ago, najmusshadat said:

What can i do?

Do not scan the QR code or click on any links. Please forward the screenshot to Customer Support immediately by sending an email to support@fiverr.com. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lena said:

Hello @najmusshadat 

Do not scan the QR code or click on any links. Please forward the screenshot to Customer Support immediately by sending an email to support@fiverr.com. 

Thanks. 

I have sent Skinshort to Fiverr support team after scanning, I saw it say to add bank card information within 24 hours, if not account will be suspended.

What is my most important thing now?

Please give me some suggestions. I will be very disappointed if my account is closed. I have been learning skills for many days and just diving in Fiverr. I will be very disappointed. Please give me proper suggestion.

• Like 2

It's a scam.

You should report the message to Fiverr by clicking on the report option above the message.

Also they say "Click on the QR code" - wouldn't someone scan a QR code not click on it? Maybe they've changed their wording to try to get through Fiverr's filters.

It's been posted by others on the forum that this is a scam too.

It actually goes to a site that starts with "activate-" that is not Fiverr and is not created by Fiverr.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, najmusshadat said:

ions. I will be very disappointed if my account is closed.

Was your account suspended?
Please don't scan the QR code - this msg that you see isn't related to fiverr support, please be rest assured this won't effect your account.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I have today received a message on the official fiverr message board advising my account is blocked until I input my bank account details including my CVC code, I didn't do it and think this is a Scam, can anyone confirm please.

I did go to the QR code on my phone, is this a security violation and do I need to change my password.

Please help as unsure what to do I am very new to Fiverr

Oh and hello all I wish you well and hope to spend many a happy year here 

If people have been scammed take screenshots of everything and contact your bank immediately, so anyone that has entered their details to the QR site, you have given your details to scammers by contacting your bank immediately they can freeze your account if you do it in time.

I have clicked back on he message and by clicking on the user you can see the account has no responses and was created in May 24 so if you do receive messages again, click on where it says fiverr support and it will give you a clue as to if the message is real or a scam 

Fiverr Screenshot 2024-05-04 140631 - Geckotech.png

Scam Fiverrr Scam.png

Edited by geckotechgpt
updated my reply with important information
  • Like 6