Make ID verification mandatory for all sellers

I wanted to hire a ghostwriter and a level 1 seller with a couple of positive reviews and picture and the name of a lady turned out to be a dude during the Zoom call. Plus the heavy accent. ID verification would tackle a lot of prevalent issues. So yes, please make ID verification mandatory for all sellers. Not saying that it can't be circumvented, but still, there should be some mechanism in place to tackle sellers who claim they are who they're not.

• Like 6
  • Up 4

Posted (edited)

In theory, everyone will be required to verify their ID at some point. But it will take time.

I hope you have reported that seller to Customer Support.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, catwriter said:

In theory, everyone will be required to verify their ID at some point. But it will take time.

I hope you have reported that seller to Customer Support.

Ya, I reported the Zoom call itself with my notes in it. Will leave the rest up to the concerned team.

Sadly, this is not an isolated instance either, I just hope that Fiverr does the ID verification at least when sellers achieve their Level 1 status. Otherwise, it'd be a nightmare to sort out if you're working with a legit person.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I verified my ID so very long ago I forget that a lot of people here never did it. Seems like an absolute requirement that should happen during or close after signing up.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

On 5/6/2024 at 8:31 AM, yourbrandingpal said:

at least when sellers

The problem is not sellers or buyers, are the humans. You faced an issue with one seller, while we seller face daily issues with many fake buyers (scammers)

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, mateusbl said:

The problem is not sellers or buyers, are the humans. You faced an issue with one seller, while we seller face daily issues with many fake buyers (scammers)

Except it's not one seller alone, it's a real problem I spoke of, if you have similar suggestions feel free to make a new thread and post them 🙂

• Like 2