Client refused to pay and... it's me who got blocked

I've been working with a client for more than 10 days to build his application, at first I kept asking him about all specifications and he gave me a document, I did what's on the document 100% accurately and delivered it to him, he kept asking for changes and updates which normally should be considered as extra features, he kept saying that he will give a tip and that he's student and blablabla, after too many days I got tired from his playing and wanted to get paid because the specifications he wants need more time and much more budget, I asked him to pay but he refused, I told the client that I can't trust this anymore that I should be paid for my done work, the client looks like a kid who doesn't know anything and he just kept insulting and saying that work should be done according to all his specifications (even though they weren't all specified at first), I sent a message to support team but no response, the client raised a ticket as well apparently to receive his funds back, and guess what, the day after I got my account blocked, my gigs are blocked, I cant send messages, I asked support too many times about this and i didn't get any response, so now in Fiverr if you just do the work and client doesn't pay, you get suspended, well done Fiverr, totally fair!!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, karammed said:

I've been working with a client for more than 10 days to build his application, at first I kept asking him about all specifications and he gave me a document, I did what's on the document 100% accurately and delivered it to him, he kept asking for changes and updates which normally should be considered as extra features, he kept saying that he will give a tip and that he's student and blablabla, after too many days I got tired from his playing and wanted to get paid because the specifications he wants need more time and much more budget, I asked him to pay but he refused, I told the client that I can't trust this anymore that I should be paid for my done work, the client looks like a kid who doesn't know anything and he just kept insulting and saying that work should be done according to all his specifications (even though they weren't all specified at first), I sent a message to support team but no response, the client raised a ticket as well apparently to receive his funds back, and guess what, the day after I got my account blocked, my gigs are blocked, I cant send messages, I asked support too many times about this and i didn't get any response, so now in Fiverr if you just do the work and client doesn't pay, you get suspended, well done Fiverr, totally fair!!

As per your written it seems to me it's unfair but I think fiverr it's not a small organization maybe it'll not do this  type of unfair mistake in his business. Fiverr must hear statement from both side and takes the necessary steps according to it's rules or law. Whatever wishing your good luck for future 🙂

• Like 4

On 4/20/2024 at 9:18 PM, nionkhan2020 said:

As per your written it seems to me it's unfair but I think fiverr it's not a small organization maybe it'll not do this  type of unfair mistake in his business. Fiverr must hear statement from both side and takes the necessary steps according to it's rules or law. Whatever wishing your good luck for future 🙂

I hope so, but till now i didnt get the payment I deserve + my account is suspended so I cannot get new clients, I don't know if that client got his money back or not that'll be a huge unfair scam

• Like 5

1 hour ago, karammed said:

I hope so, but till now i didnt get the payment I deserve + my account is suspended so I cannot get new clients, I don't know if that client got his money back or not that'll be a huge unfair scam

Hi @karammed, Hope you are good today :). Here is this article maybe you could find your answer about fair or unfair which thing happened on you: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/success-score-explained

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, nionkhan2020 said:

Hope you are good today :). Here is this article maybe you could find your answer about fair or unfair which thing happened on you: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/success-score-explained

Why are you misguiding others? And what does that link have to do with the OP's question? I mean success score and suspended account? Stop guiding others unless you really know the answer.

5 hours ago, karammed said:

I don't know if that client got his money back or not that'll be a huge unfair scam

If your account is suspended then I guess your client might have gotten his funds back (your order will be cancelled by Fiverr).

That buyer might have reported you that's why your account got suspended. Try to keep in touch with Fiverr Support to get your account back. If your case is strong then you might get it back. Who knows? Try your luck.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

On 4/22/2024 at 2:39 AM, nionkhan2020 said:

Hi @karammed, Hope you are good today :). Here is this article maybe you could find your answer about fair or unfair which thing happened on you: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/success-score-explained

A decision has been made yesterday, they got back the money to the client, they gave him also an opportunity to rate me 1 star, so I did the work, I was unpaid, and also I got rated 1 star, if there's one decision i made is to leave this platform as it doesn't know anything about justice and encourages scammers

• Like 4

On 4/22/2024 at 6:03 AM, smartdezigns said:

Why are you misguiding others? And what does that link have to do with the OP's question? I mean success score and suspended account? Stop guiding others unless you really know the answer.

If your account is suspended then I guess your client might have gotten his funds back (your order will be cancelled by Fiverr).

That buyer might have reported you that's why your account got suspended. Try to keep in touch with Fiverr Support to get your account back. If your case is strong then you might get it back. Who knows? Try your luck.

A decision has been made yesterday, they got back the money to the client, they gave him also an opportunity to rate me 1 star, so I did the work, I was unpaid, and also I got rated 1 star, if there's one decision i made is to leave this platform as it doesn't know anything about justice and encourages scammers

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, karammed said:

I am so sorry to hear this. And now buyers can give reviews on cancelled orders so there is nothing you can do. I hope you will do better on other platforms but keep trying Fiverr as well.

But I cannot find your profile. Do you have another Fiverr account too? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I am so sorry to hear this. And now buyers can give reviews on cancelled orders so there is nothing you can do. I hope you will do better on other platforms but keep trying Fiverr as well.

But I cannot find your profile. Do you have another Fiverr account too? 

I am a software engineer that works already with very big companies, travel around the world and do great deals, i have more than 28 reviews (5 stars) on Freelancer website, I started Fiverr so started getting some additional work, but unfortunately they don't deserve me here, they don't even deserve my wasted time

• Like 4

Just now, karammed said:

I am a software engineer that works already with very big companies, travel around the world and do great deals, i have more than 28 reviews (5 stars) on Freelancer website, I started Fiverr so started getting some additional work, but unfortunately they don't deserve me here, they don't even deserve my wasted time

It's okay. Let it go and don't feel bad when you are already doing well outside the Fiverr. Good Luck! ✌️ 

• Like 5

Just now, smartdezigns said:

It's okay. Let it go and don't feel bad when you are already doing well outside the Fiverr. Good Luck! ✌️ 

Thank you, what makes me upset is that they gave the opportunity for someone who doesn't know the difference between encoding and encryption to rate me and steal my 200$...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, karammed said:

Thank you, what makes me upset is that they gave the opportunity for someone who doesn't know the difference between encoding and encryption to rate me and steal my 200$...

Sometimes buyers have literally no idea what actually they want or not. Remember one thing: If you have lost $200 then Fiverr have lost their share too. 

Just asking: Did you fight for yourself with the Fiverr Support? I mean to get the payment for your work which you did initially for buyer?

• Like 4

Just now, smartdezigns said:

Sometimes buyers have literally no idea what actually they want or not. Remember one thing: If you have lost $200 then Fiverr have lost their share too. 

Just asking: Did you fight for yourself with the Fiverr Support? I mean to get the payment for your work which you did initially for buyer?

I've been contacting support and sending proofs during the last 10 days, but I feel like talking to robots, and FYI 200$ is only the cost of the initial work that I did, I did lot of extra works that deserved more, the client was like (okay please finish it and then I will pay you extra in the end), after I finished the app and asked him to pay, he stopped responding, until I reported him to be scamming me, he reported back saying that he is not satisfied with the work, which screenshots prooves he got the work working correctly and was asking for more, i don't understand what's wrong with them i sent the proofs

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, karammed said:

It's sad to see the situation and your decision, whatever it's best of luck for your next step.

• Like 4

Putting in hard work and dedication only to face a client who refuses payment is incredibly frustrating. Fiverr's suspension policy seems unjust, penalising freelancers for delivering work. Clients should honour agreements, and platforms must ensure fair resolutions. Stay strong; your talent and integrity will prevail beyond this setback.

• Like 5

Hello @karammed 

Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you at this time. I can see that CS already informed you that your order was canceled as the service provided is not in accordance with our Guidelines. That is also the reason your account is under review. The review can take up to 60 days and once our dedicated team reaches a decision, you will be notified. 

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 3

• Lena locked this topic