Is this a scam or real!!

hicham_edits

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi guys i did some search about this and it's a scam i have 5000$ on my bank, i tried at the first with my visa card that has 1$ to verify then they told me to add more than 300$ on my card the i went to try with my master card which has over 5000$ they told you to enter your info and the exact amount that you have in your bank.

I did it, and enter the 5000$ before i sent it i went to here and ask and do little bit of search. and I found that's a scam. They almost got me. 

• Like 5

Hi @hicham_editssorry to read about this unfortunate experience. Please read our Terms of Service and make sure to avoid any future issues like this one, since we cannot keep you safe outside Fiverr. In case you have any additional dilemmas about this, you'll get the answers there. Also, please read our Forum Rules, as providing screenshots of private chats is not allowed. Any further violation might lead to having the account restricted/blocked. Good luck 🍀

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @hicham_editssorry to read about this unfortunate experience. Please read our Terms of Service and make sure to avoid any future issues like this one, since we cannot keep you safe outside Fiverr. In case you have any additional dilemmas about this, you'll get the answers there. Also, please read our Forum Rules, as providing screenshots of private chats is not allowed. Any further violation might lead to having the account restricted/blocked. Good luck 🍀

If what I perceive as Fiverr CS sends me a message like this (as a newbie or someone who's not THAT tech savvy), how am I to know that they are leading me 'outside' Fiverr? 

I'm not saying people should fall for this (it's a pretty common scam, seems new here but I've seen it on many sites), but these people are literally CLAIMING to be CS, have a Fiverr profile picture (and recreate the site so it looks like Fiverr.)

Is there a way for maybe an email or notification to go out for people to keep a close eye out for these spam messages? That way everyone would know and people would stop (hopefully) posting screenshots/etc. 

In this particular case, I genuinely think spreading the word is the right way to go because this scam is pretty scary. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, katakatica said:

If what I perceive as Fiverr CS sends me a message like this (as a newbie or someone who's not THAT tech savvy), how am I to know that they are leading me 'outside' Fiverr? 

I'm not saying people should fall for this (it's a pretty common scam, seems new here but I've seen it on many sites), but these people are literally CLAIMING to be CS, have a Fiverr profile picture (and recreate the site so it looks like Fiverr.)

Is there a way for maybe an email or notification to go out for people to keep a close eye out for these spam messages? That way everyone would know and people would stop (hopefully) posting screenshots/etc. 

In this particular case, I genuinely think spreading the word is the right way to go because this scam is pretty scary. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make sure to forward it on to the team. I understand how scary this must be for new users, however, we still expect everyone to get familiar with Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Community Standards before they start using Fiverr Platform. I also understand that most often nobody actually reads them, however, in some cases it's highly recommended.

• Like 3

I'm just repeating what a few people have suggested already on the forum (since this scam broke out on Fiverr):

Fiverr's systems should detect and block the usage of Fiverr logo and its name in the account names. Even without scam, users should be prohibited from using Fiverr's IPs in their profile names, DPs and definitely on their gig images. 

Someday someone might lose their lifetime of savings or medical emergency funds to a scam.☹️ While Fiverr is understandably not responsible for a user's gullibility/actions or lack of understanding, yet it can strive to create a more safe and trustworthy place for NEW users. 

• Like 3