Video calls for new users

michelle_crumpy

Question

I'm new to Fiveer and haven't had any orders yet.  I just had my first inquiry about one of my gigs.  If I want to have a video call with them to discuss needs of the project, it looks like I can't yet use the video feature, due to not having any income so far.  Is that correct?  If so, what are my options for working around that limitation?  

• Like 9

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, michelle_crumpy said:

I'm new to Fiveer and haven't had any orders yet.  I just had my first inquiry about one of my gigs.  If I want to have a video call with them to discuss needs of the project, it looks like I can't yet use the video feature, due to not having any income so far.  Is that correct?  If so, what are my options for working around that limitation?  

As a new seller you can only initiate a video call from inside an order page. That means you need to have an active order with the buyer before you can do so. I get that this complicates things if the potential buyer wishes to have a Zoom call before they order.

You could  set up a trial order with the buyer for five bucks and use that order to hold the video call, but it would still require the buyer to pay for your time (not that I think that's a bad thing, but they might). 

Other than that, your only option of communicating is through the inbox. You have to be a leveled seller with an average selling price of $50 or above, a Fiverr Pro seller or deal with a Fiverr Select buyer to initiate a Zoom call from the regular inbox without an order.

Fiverr does not look kindly upon regular sellers trying to communicate outside the platform, so I would strongly advice against doing it any other way. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

On 4/16/2024 at 1:38 AM, smashradio said:

As a new seller you can only initiate a video call from inside an order page. That means you need to have an active order with the buyer before you can do so. I get that this complicates things if the potential buyer wishes to have a Zoom call before they order.

You could  set up a trial order with the buyer for five bucks and use that order to hold the video call, but it would still require the buyer to pay for your time (not that I think that's a bad thing, but they might). 

Other than that, your only option of communicating is through the inbox. You have to be a leveled seller with an average selling price of $50 or above, a Fiverr Pro seller or deal with a Fiverr Select buyer to initiate a Zoom call from the regular inbox without an order.

Fiverr does not look kindly upon regular sellers trying to communicate outside the platform, so I would strongly advice against doing it any other way. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

I strongly feel for the inclusion of an option to schedule Zoom calls in advance. This feature is essential for accommodating the busy schedules and limited availability of many buyers.

• Like 5