Success score system is faulty - Bring back the old seller level system!!

I have posted about this a few times in this forum and I will never get tired until they bring back the old seller level system.
Please, please, GET RID OF THIS LEVEL SYSTEM!!

It's making seller's life even more miserable. I almost reached Top Rated before this and because of this faulty system I'm back to Level 1. The cancellations in the past were not even my fault and they didn't care at all. And my new sales died! I'm currently just relying on my old buyers recurring orders.

Also success score is a joke - it's not moving even a bit when I have already completed a few orders. It's very unclear when will we move to the next level. They said their purpose is to protect sellers from cancellation impact, but they didn't think on the other hand this will make small sellers stuck in the same level forever! Good for Top Rated sellers but bad for Level 1 and below!

While i'm here, I also want to show another points to consider 

Cancellations were not always seller's fault
- Time Extension button is useless because seller will still count as late in their system when buyer's the one who didn't approve the extension on time.
- How is the flaw in your system becomes seller's liability? Example in my case If seller is counted as "late" in their system although have used time extension, buyer can still cancel the order anytime and seller will get nothing, not even a cent of compensation.

Does Fiverr think we do this just for fun? What about people who are freelancing for life?  
Remember, No seller = No buyer. No seller = No money for Fiverr. So please take care of your sellers. Thanks.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

It's unfortunate, but Fiverr really wants people to not all have level 2 and 5 stars on average for their gigs. So I am sure that in their eyes, the new system is working the way they wanted, and I don't think they will go back to the older one. 

I agree, cancellations are not always the fault of a seller, not to mention there are lots of scammers that pose as interested, talk nicely to you and then boom, give me my money back because your work is trash. 

The extension button though.. that can be very good. Just send the extension 2-3 days before the deadline and it extends automatically. That's a great update they did recently and it definitely works. It shouldn't appear as late if you used an extension, no matter if it was accepted automatically or not.

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Lena changed the title to Success score system is faulty - Bring back the old seller level system!!

The new system is here to stay, and Fiverr won't listen to you or any other seller telling them otherwise. So we just have to go with the flow. You're not the only one who has been raging about it on here, and you probably won't be the last, but I'm pretty sure our time is better spent working within the system, because Fiverr doesn't care if it runs sellers into the ground. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Personally, I prefer Dylan Thomas' take on things. As pointless as it is, if all Fiverr sellers can muster is a week of fury before giving up, it's hardly surprising that EvilGloboCorp is trampling all over them and their non-existent rights. 

You'll just have to imagine me letting out a long and deep sigh here. 

• Up 4

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

because Fiverr doesn't care if it runs sellers into the ground

What's hardest to swallow for me are the announcements and entire websites created that tout how ESG over-compliant they are. If this were a personal relationship, it would be defined as covert abuse. I've come to appreciate straight forward approaches to abuse far more, not that I seek those out. At least you know what you are getting into and are in.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, emmaki said:

Personally, I prefer Dylan Thomas' take on things. As pointless as it is, if all Fiverr sellers can muster is a week of fury before giving up, it's hardly surprising that EvilGloboCorp is trampling all over them and their non-existent rights. 

You'll just have to imagine me letting out a long and deep sigh here. 

A week of anger, a month of anger, a year of anger. It's not going to change anything. Unless all the good sellers pack up and leave, nothing's going to change. I've often said I'd prefer to live in a dictatorship knowing it's a dictatorship, rather than in one pretending to be democratic. At least then you know what you're dealing with. Same thing here. If I'm spending all my time raging about things to someone not listening, I'm getting nowhere. And to be honest, we were a pretty small group of sellers raging on here. 99% of us just got on with it, some left and that's that. 

I hear you sighing, but I'm not about to rally for a union over this, even though I genuinely think Fiverr is going in the wrong direction. The numbers do the talking, and I'll let the red ticker show that to leadership. It's less work. Meanwhile I'll sell as many articles and voiceovers as possible, having a laugh at Fiverrs expense from time to time. But I won't sit here and be angry. I've got enough anger on my plate with my toddler who refuses to pee, get dressed, eat his banana, drink his water, brush his teeth, or walk like a normal human being to the bus stop because he's discovered the joy of being towed by a cranky, sleep-deprived dad, juggling a child seat, backpack and his bad mood because he had to start working when he had his morning coffee because the authorities decided to issue a wind and heat wave warning at 6 a.m.

You just have to imagine the muted *thump* of my head hitting a wall in another room. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 1