Can i use different wifi ?

frame_by_frame_

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Lena said:

please be advised that changing your location, such as leaving the country, can result in account suspension.

Hi @Lena, Can you clarify this? ⬆️

When there was a mass flagging of accounts due to "location inconsistencies" last month, several sellers, including myself, requested that Fiverr clarify what constituted "location inconsistency." If leaving a country results in an account suspension, it would be good to know how this affects digital nomads, those who frequently travel abroad, and other sellers who may move to another country.

I went through the updated ToS and Community Standards, and while I think they do a better job of specifying different violations, I didn't see anything that stated leaving the country could result in an account suspension. The closest thing I could find was in the Community Standards, which stated that "It is prohibited to ...use automated programs and tools to misrepresent your actual location." I took this to mean using VPN.

Can we have clarification on what constitutes location inconsistency (preferably on a different thread)? We don't have a clear stance from Fiverr on how travel/changing locations and VPN use affects users on this platform.

I submitted 2 help desk tickets when I moved from Japan back to the US, and I know several users have submitted help desk tickets to use VPN in their countries. However, I don't think help desk tickets are a feasible solution for digital nomads or those who work from different locations from day to day.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lena said:

However, please be advised that changing your location, such as leaving the country, can result in account suspension

As well as the fact the TOS doesn't seem to mention any rule about not being allowed to go to other countries, Fiverr's own blog has multiple freelancer articles like "Tips on Living A Nomadic Lifestyle" so surely Fiverr shouldn't also be disallowing people from travelling to a different country and then using their Fiverr account?

But if Fiverr is basing the checks on IP address and issuing suspensions if the country seems to change, what is it Fiverr doing if the IP address changes automatically by their ISP when their router gets reset/switched on and it gives it an IP address that makes it seem like the user is many miles from their actual location? eg. someone in one country in the UK could seem like they're in a different country in the UK based on what's shown in sites like "what is my IP address" then when it resets it could change again? Is it based on assumed distance travelled & time if based on the IP address or is it also/mainly based on geo-location info from mobile phones and that used for issuing the suspensions if it changes countries?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vickieito said:

Can we have clarification on what constitutes location inconsistency (preferably on a different thread)?

Hey @vickieito 

I cannot clarify that since that part is done by the dedicated Team. As long as the users notify CS about the changes as you did, they do not put their accounts at risk. However, if they change their location without their knowledge, they directly put their account at risk. 

Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. - TOS

14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

As well as the fact the TOS doesn't seem to mention any rule about not being allowed to go to other countries

Hello @uk1000 

No, I never said that. When you're a freelancer, the world is your office. But it is always best to tell CS about plans to avoid any issues. 

14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

eg. someone in one country in the UK could seem like they're in a different country in the UK based on what's shown in sites like "what is my IP address" then when it resets it could change again? Is it based on assumed distance travelled & time if based on the IP address or is it also/mainly based on geo-location info from mobile phones and that used for issuing the suspensions if it changes countries?

Regarding your questions, that part is done by our dedicated team. I'm sorry, but I cannot interfere with how they do their jobs. That is why I'm afraid I won't be able to provide you with accurate answers.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/12/2024 at 2:41 AM, tr_titul said:

I have opened my Fiverr account with mobile data, Now if I shift to Wi-Fi, Will there be any problem....?

i dont think so.

i use fiverr at mobile and at laptop too , at mobile I use 4g services when I am outside  and at laptop I use wifi of home or office.

• Like 2