Petition to reconsider some points from the Success Score

Dear @Kesha and to whom it may concern

I kindly ask for your help to reconsider some points about the Success score.
I'm tired of contacting CS and having them always respond with the same thing, sending me links about how Fiverr works and well I've been on Fiverr for 13 years so I def.. know how this works. HOWEVER

With the implementation of the new Success score and its "false recommendations" to improve our score I need to say you need to reconsider these points
1- Gigs deleted from the market place.
2- Comparing our performance with other sellers (it should be about our performance, not others)

If I'm not being visible by anyone on the market place and if this new system you have implemented is comparing my performance with other sellers, that means I won’t be able to go back to my level again because I’m not visible to anyone and I won’t have as much sales as the other sellers who are visible on the marketplace.
Do you get what I mean?

Since you implemented this new success score, I worked really hard from February to March to get some sales from returning buyers (like 20 sales) they all had great reviews, i got tips… and i had the hope to at least get a success score of 5 on March 14th to be visible again… but no, I stayed the same “low performance”, my 20 sales were not enough because the visible sellers are doing better than me! They’re getting more sales, impressions and clicks... and of course they will have a better performance than me, because they are visible.

I honestly think you need to reconsider this, we ALL should be visible on the market place, and our experience will talk for ourselves… I don't mind if you take my level 2, top rated seller tittle from me, because I believe in my skills and I know I can get it back... i’ve completed more than 13,000 sales on fiverr. 

What I'm asking is to be fair with every seller on this platform, do not remove us from search results, do not make us invisible because we all know organic traffic from the market place is the one that generate sales, ads on social are useless

I know that I am not the only one who thinks this way

• Like 13

Hi @karyface1! I appreciate you sharing your perspective and experience with the new level system. Feedback like this is really important to us and I have passed along your comments to the product team for their review and consideration. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, karyface1 said:

Dear @Kesha and to whom it may concern

I kindly ask for your help to reconsider some points about the Success score.
I'm tired of contacting CS and having them always respond with the same thing, sending me links about how Fiverr works and well I've been on Fiverr for 13 years so I def.. know how this works. HOWEVER

With the implementation of the new Success score and its "false recommendations" to improve our score I need to say you need to reconsider these points
2- Comparing our performance with other sellers (it should be about our performance, not others)

If I'm not being visible by anyone on the market place and if this new system you have implemented is comparing my performance with other sellers, that means I won’t be able to go back to my level again because I’m not visible to anyone and I won’t have as much sales as the other sellers who are visible on the marketplace.
Do you get what I mean?

Since you implemented this new success score, I worked really hard from February to March to get some sales from returning buyers (like 20 sales) they all had great reviews, i got tips… and i had the hope to at least get a success score of 5 on March 14th to be visible again… but no, I stayed the same “low performance”, my 20 sales were not enough because the visible sellers are doing better than me! They’re getting more sales, impressions and clicks... and of course they will have a better performance than me, because they are visible.

I honestly think you need to reconsider this, we ALL should be visible on the market place, and our experience will talk for ourselves… I don't mind if you take my level 2, top rated seller tittle from me, because I believe in my skills and I know I can get it back... i’ve completed more than 13,000 sales on fiverr. 

What I'm asking is to be fair with every seller on this platform, do not remove us from search results, do not make us invisible because we all know organic traffic from the market place is the one that generate sales, ads on social are useless

I know that I am not the only one who thinks this way

I don't want you to get your hopes up. There are thousands of posts about this from sellers of every level and nothing will change any time soon, regardless of what is being said. I know that Kesha responded, but it's the same boilerplate message everyone is receiving. Safeguard your hopes.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, levinewman said:

I don't want you to get your hopes up. There are thousands of posts about this from sellers of every level and nothing will change any time soon, regardless of what is being said. I know that Kesha responded, but it's the same boilerplate message everyone is receiving. Safeguard your hopes.

I just wanted to make this public so they could see my point and for other sellers to speak their voice 😪
I'm already looking for opportunities in other platforms, but what I liked about fiverr is that buyers came to us... instead of us looking for clients like everywhere else... however if this keeps happening, many of us will have to go for real.

• Like 8

Just now, karyface1 said:

I just wanted to make this public so they could see my point and for other sellers to speak their voice 😪
I'm already looking for opportunities in other platforms, but what I liked about fiverr is that buyers came to us... instead of us looking for clients like everywhere else... however if this keeps happening, many of us will have to go for real.

Oh, I definitely support your voice and want you to be heard. 100%. I just wanted you to safeguard your mental health as you make your moves! I do hope you find your way back or a solid path forward, no matter what happens. 🙂 Team Kary!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, karyface1 said:

As Levi said, the chances of these being taken into consideration are, realistically, very low. 

I don't understand why deleting a gig matters, it shouldn't, and most people won't delete a gig with hundreds of reviews anyway. It's just a way for people with just a few reviews to stop a service that's not working and try something else.

As for the second part... the algorithm already ranks us based on comparing us with others so yeah, doesn't seem right to have a success score based on how we compare with others. That's where my issue comes. I work completely alone, without outsourcing or AI. But there are lots of writers that have double, triple or more orders in queue, they clearly outsource and don't work on those orders themselves, yet I am compared with those persons. There's no way they have a lower succes score than I do.. if this is one of the criteria they use for ranking gigs. 

So, I do hope they rethink this, but realistically, it might not happen. Because the focus is on lowering gig scores, less 5 star reviews and people dropping in levels. And it was a success from that perspective. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

As Levi said, the chances of these being taken into consideration are, realistically, very low. 

I don't understand why deleting a gig matters, it shouldn't, and most people won't delete a gig with hundreds of reviews anyway. It's just a way for people with just a few reviews to stop a service that's not working and try something else.

As for the second part... the algorithm already ranks us based on comparing us with others so yeah, doesn't seem right to have a success score based on how we compare with others. That's where my issue comes. I work completely alone, without outsourcing or AI. But there are lots of writers that have double, triple or more orders in queue, they clearly outsource and don't work on those orders themselves, yet I am compared with those persons. There's no way they have a lower succes score than I do.. if this is one of the criteria they use for ranking gigs. 

So, I do hope they rethink this, but realistically, it might not happen. Because the focus is on lowering gig scores, less 5 star reviews and people dropping in levels. And it was a success from that perspective. 

I think I didn't explained my self right... I didn't mean to say my gigs were actually deleted... they were removed from the market place (search results) my gigs are active but no one can see them if they search for my services.

And yes, that's ridiculous... we all work differently and comparing our performance with others just to give us a rank is not fair... because it's not a real score.. it's not about us, it's about other people's performance.

• Like 9