order cancellation

Hello, Fiverr community, I hope you're all doing well. I'm quite disappointed with Fiverr today. After completing the work for the buyer, they made unnecessary excuses and pressured me into accepting a partial refund. Now, Fiverr customer support has cancelled the order. I'm saddened by the fact that Fiverr only seems to have tough policies for freelancers like us, but when it comes to scamming buyers, Fiverr doesn't take appropriate action. Despite giving Fiverr so much business, they don't listen to us. They directly cancel orders without considering the freelancer's side. Fiverr must listen to both parties involved before making a decision.

• Like 8

I am very disappointed. I have done the work as the client requested. The scammer client took a partial refund and now has cancelled the order with the support of customer service. Is there anyone here who can advise me on what I should do about this matter?

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, rzoo_designer said:

I am very disappointed. I have done the work as the client requested. The scammer client took a partial refund and now has cancelled the order with the support of customer service. Is there anyone here who can advise me on what I should do about this matter?

Contact CS.

• Like 8

I am caught in a similar situation but mine is even worse and more complicated (will post in a separate threat). I too provided proof that this client was unreasonable but have yet to receive any response from them as well.  It seems in 90% of the cases, the case ends in the client's favor, unfortunately, and customer support barely examines our position. The customer is not always right, period.  

• Like 7

On 3/21/2024 at 2:45 PM, marinacy said:

I am caught in a similar situation but mine is even worse and more complicated (will post in a separate threat). I too provided proof that this client was unreasonable but have yet to receive any response from them as well.  It seems in 90% of the cases, the case ends in the client's favor, unfortunately, and customer support barely examines our position. The customer is not always right, period.  

One major weakness of this platform is that there is no support for freelancers like us. The strict rules seem to be only for freelancers. Fiverr should implement rules to protect freelancers from scam buyers so that we give the best business safely and confidently for fiverr.

• Like 4

I have the same issue, client ordered something, i stated the results will not be to his satisfaction (A.I upscale, where he wanted the car license plates to be more clearer, i told him, it's not possible, as the quality of the video is too low, he still insisted in ordering). He was not satisfied with the result, even though he accepted my recommendation that it will not turn up out as he want to. He instantly called me out for being a scammer while he accepted the order. Now he wants a full refund. Like, hello??? You accept to buy a order that will not end up looking good, than complain it does not look good? I have contacted support, but with Easter weekend, i fear i will get no reply back soon. I'm sad this still happens on Fiverr, that someone can order from your gig, cancel it and get your work for free.

Edited by necramedia
  • Like 4

Based on my experience, the biggest mistake on Fiverr is not making fair observations and decisions. Fiverr needs to work on this so that we can happily contribute to its improvement and make both Fiverr and its users even better.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys,

same here I just had a shocking experience with Fiverr's obscene customer "support" handling a cancellation request by an unreasonable client.

I'm the second best rated PRO pianist in Fiverr, top seller, I'm working hard to keep dignified fares and high quality deliveries trying to stay away from this shameful war on prices, completely neglected by Fiverr. My prices are the double or more of all the other top pianists and I still get gigs, 333, just 5 stars review till last Friday.

This genius client sent me a misleading reference link and placed an order after I confirmed I would have enhance the piano of his house track.

First delivery, he didn't mean a piano, in the ref. track there are just piano and low backing pads.

Out of my kindness I sent the pads too. He doesn't want the pads.

After messages and waste of time it turned out he wanted a lead synth as in some parts of another reference which he did included in the requirements as a second link but never mentioned in the conversations. Neither he mentioned a synth lead.

I try to explain to him that his current piano will conflict with another leading sound and that he would need to fix something first, with a long, not due, explanation of the issues of his current, amateur arrangement. He insists and I deliver the synths, 5 versions, for him to edit and use where he wants as I don't see they will fit.

He's not capable to mount them right in his project or edit them, so he wants me to just send my proposal for it and add pauses in between the phrases. I do that too. He doesn't like the synth, of course, there's no place for that synth in his arrangement. Again I try to explain why and we should do first but he wouldn't listen.

I start loosing my patience and tell him that is better if we stop collaborating and if he doesn't trust me a bit after 5 orders together is better if we go separate ways. He gets all upset and contacts the customer support. He doesn't reject the delivery so the order is marked as completed. I would have negotiate a partial refund, (as we had to do another time!) even if it would have been deeply unfair as all the troubles came from his lack of communication. But the order is complete so he gives me a 1 star review and I do the same.

This is already upsetting enough but the incredible, worst part is that after two days, without having being contacted by anybody I just receive a notification that the order has been cancelled, my money sent back to the client while the bad review is still visible!!!

After working like 4 or 5 time what was due, I got the worst than one can get and nobody asked for my point of view. I'm writing and insisting with the customer support like crazy because this cannot be acceptable by any means. After the usual generic answers and corporate lingo they actually start mentioning things about the order, the first answers made obvious they had no idea what happened and what I delivered and they still cannot tell me what exactly I didn't deliver only referring to my first delivery, which was a piano and not the lead synth the client had in his mind but never requested. In a message (attached) they even said "we can cancel any order if the buyer feels like they did not receive what they paid for". That can't be true!!! so the client has no responsibility at all about what he communicates?! 

I'm so disgusted and shocked for the way I've been treated by the client but most importantly by Fiverr, they make you feel you are just their milking cows, we're not part of the family or a valuable asset to be valued and protect, they just want the buyers to keep buying and if they're upset they'll just refund them with our money!

This guy even had another similar issue with another seller before, his rating is 4.3, which very low for a client, I only had 5 stars at that point, but they preferred to take completely his side without even checking on me!

it's just incredible, I'm considering leaving the page, I already work in much better workplaces for music and they just take 10% commission, not this usury 20%.

• Like 1