Is the Fiverr "Promoted gig" option is helpful to get more orders?

wpmanditech

Question

Hi there,

5 days ago I asked question about Fiverr "Promoted Gig" feature which I got from Fiverr. As I saw this feature first time so I have no idea about this service. I didn't get any answer yet regarding this question. I want to know from the experienced sellers who knows in details about this feature. In this feature there 3 packages for promoting my gigs. 

1. $5

2. $10 & 

3. $50

Now which one is the best? Can you please give me suggestions on it?

Looking forward to seeing a great real suggestion who are experienced on it.

Thanks 

• Like 29
  • Up 1

23 minutes ago, mehboobahmed6821 said:

you are absolutely right , but in return you will have more chances to win projects and increase your income frame as well. 

I mean it depends. Based on my experience, your chances are higher if you have a Recommended gig. If it shows that within your Promoted Gigs dashboard for a gig, then I do agree, you have a very high chance of getting more clicks. But even then, it always depends on your gigs and how appealing they are. Because people might click on them, however they can easily just step away if the gig is not something they like. Lots of buyers don't know they click on a promoted gig. In fact, I had a lot of sellers asking for work, and it showed "promoted", so I basically paid for their spam.

• Like 5

On 3/4/2024 at 8:17 AM, wpmanditech said:

Hi there,

5 days ago I asked question about Fiverr "Promoted Gig" feature which I got from Fiverr. As I saw this feature first time so I have no idea about this service. I didn't get any answer yet regarding this question. I want to know from the experienced sellers who knows in details about this feature. In this feature there 3 packages for promoting my gigs. 

1. $5

2. $10 & 

3. $50

Thanks 

It was quite useful at first and resulted in quite a few sales, however, it is no longer working as well for me as before!

• Like 4

On 3/14/2024 at 7:20 AM, emmasuebowtique said:

My gigs start at $40 and up. I have spent $105 in marketing this month & I have gotten 10 orders with $1390 in sales from those promotions. Promotions are 100% worth it but you need to not be scared to spend the money. It takes money to make money. 

I'll update this now that the month is over so you can see how much promotions help. I spent $250 in promotions and total sales off those promotions was $3126.  It is worth every penny despite the 20% they also take. 

• Like 4

These are my results from last 10 days of last month March and I have set 20$ daily budget but this 20$ is not using everyday but may be your your spend goes to 20$ in 5 days or 6 days but t really depends. Do some research and try on different gigs for 2 or 3 days and you will see result and do some stats that what is conversion for every gig.

I suggest to turn on promoted gigs for 1 - 3 gigs at max.

I am level 2 seller and my gigs are starting from 100, 110 and 120$ as a flutter mobile app developer.

image.png.300a6ac156546c47d5f768bcc14d7dbb.png

• Like 3

On 3/4/2024 at 7:17 AM, wpmanditech said:

Hi there,

1. $5

2. $10 & 

3. $50

Thanks 

These are my results from last 10 days of last month March and I have set 20$ daily budget but this 20$ is not using everyday but may be your your spend goes to 20$ in 5 days or 6 days but t really depends. Do some research and try on different gigs for 2 or 3 days and you will see result and do some stats that what is conversion for every gig.

I am level 2 seller and my gigs are starting from 100, 110 and 120$ as a flutter mobile app developer.

• Like 4

I recommend making the most of it if your gigs are eligible for promotions. You can set the cap to auto, like last month my marketing spend was around $1100 and got a solid number of value orders. So, I believe it's a worthwhile investment. But keep in mind, the quality of your service is key. If your promoted buyers aren't satisfied, it'll impact how well your ads perform.

• Like 4

On 3/4/2024 at 10:21 AM, hayat_dev said:

don't bit that high, bit a maximum of $2. and yeah it will help you to earn more money

How i can off my gig promotion option i am not finding it please help me.

• Like 4

On 3/30/2024 at 4:21 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well if you keep it on Auto, the overall expense will be much higher.

I set "Auto" for all of my 10 gigs. Monthly bill is coming $300+. If I set a CAP from my side, I may not get enough order!!!!
This is my own thinking becuase I don't have previous experience. For this reason, I always set Auto.
Do you think setting "Auto" is helpful rather than setting a fixed CAP?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, webcut said:

Do you think setting "Auto" is helpful rather than setting a fixed CAP?

I mean it has to do with the niche and what others pay as well. I tried with auto and without auto, you get more clicks with auto, but it also costing way way more. Clicks don't guarantee orders, though. But in general, at least for me, I average around 8x to 10x the invested money when I use promoted gigs, so for me it works. But there were people that paid over $50 and didn't receive any orders. 

I think at $300, that's a lot of money to pay for ads on a website that also takes 20% of the cut in which they technically should also promote your gig. But hey, if it's profitable for you, then it's worth it.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

20 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I mean it has to do with the niche and what others pay as well. I tried with auto and without auto, you get more clicks with auto, but it also costing way way more. Clicks don't guarantee orders, though. But in general, at least for me, I average around 8x to 10x the invested money when I use promoted gigs, so for me it works. But there were people that paid over $50 and didn't receive any orders. 

I think at $300, that's a lot of money to pay for ads on a website that also takes 20% of the cut in which they technically should also promote your gig. But hey, if it's profitable for you, then it's worth it.

Thanks for your honest suggestion. Honestly, That $300 is helping me to earn more than $2000+. It's true Nearly $400-$500 Fiverr is cutting as 20% Fee + $300 Ads Cost + Seller Plus/Other cost $50. So monthly Fiverr is taking $800-$900 as a Fee. Still I am aware of that if I skip Auto may be I don't get enough order.

The plus point is - I am getting order from without promotion also. So for this reason, that part is giving some profit. But honestly, From promotion Fiverr Fee+ Team fee, I am not getting a good profit 😞

• Like 3

20 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Do you recommend to promote it with no cap or with higher bid like $3 set?  Which gives better result? 

• Like 3

On 4/4/2024 at 5:01 AM, kamraanhccp said:

So you recommend to promote just the best gigs which has more reviews and best success score instead of promoting all gigs?  Also do you recommend to set it No cap auto? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sohaib_khaan said:

So you recommend to promote just the best gigs which has more reviews and best success score instead of promoting all gigs?  Also do you recommend to set it No cap auto? 

In my case, I set my all gigs as promoted and get some stats for 2 to 3 days, and when I get to know which is performing well, I set the remaining as not promoted. May be this perception might change as I am getting more stats and details. 

Note: I'll upload details again after few days for my latest stats and details of promoted gigs results in community here again.

and yes I set to auto (Even though a lot sellers also suggesting to set it to auto).

• Like 3