Hello, Fiverr! New here, starting my mental health worker journey.

Hello everyone, I just posted my first gig and I'm super excited. I will get my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology in a few months and I think it's a perfect start to offer emotional support to those in need via Fiverr, using the strategies I learned. Any tips on how to land my first customer? ^^ 

• Like 6

So I'd suggest looking up a few things you'd be comfortable doing in different fields to try to branch out slightly. "Emotional support" is a totally dead field in Fiverr. I didn't even know it existed and there's no option for it via Fiverr services that I could see. If you look at the number in parenthesis that's the numbers or orders they've gotten where a review was given. I think the highest number on the front page was 12 that I could see. People just don't buy this service.

Capture.PNG

• Like 7
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, ancan3 said:

Hello everyone, I just posted my first gig and I'm super excited. I will get my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology in a few months and I think it's a perfect start to offer emotional support to those in need via Fiverr, using the strategies I learned. Any tips on how to land my first customer? ^^ 

Hi @ancan3, I love how you put your gig together! Sometimes sellers with with psychology or medical backgrounds accidentally offer prohibitive services by offering medical advice or emotional therapy, so I'm glad that you avoided those words! As long as you stick with offering a listening ear and having meaningful conversations with your buyers, you should be fine.

As @dereck_s mentioned, there aren't too many services offering "emotional support" coaching but there are several sub-categories under "Lifestyle Coaching" that have sellers offering similar services (over 7,000+). I've had several business coaches on Fiverr who mention that sometimes buyers come asking for an "online friend," "accountability coach," or "listening ear."

Do put a time limit on your chats (or else your buyers will think each package is 24 hours long). Since you will be offering services by chat (and not Zoom), you might want to set up your packages to be 30 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes (in the title), but give yourself a week to deliver. This will help you and your buyer find a good time that works for both of you to chat.

My first business coach's services was also text chat-only (no Zoom) and there was a bit of delay with Fiverr's chat, so a 90-minute chat was like 45-60 minutes of Zoom time. So plan accordingly and give your buyers a heads up so they aren't frustrated that messaging back and forth isn't as quick as social media.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

It's fantastic that you're using your psychology background to help others.  While Fiverr can be a great platform to build a freelance business, it's important to remember it's not always a substitute for professional therapy.

Sometimes people need a safe space to vent or brainstorm coping mechanisms, and that's where you can come in.  Maybe you could offer guided meditations or journaling exercises to help folks manage stress.  Just remember, you can't diagnose or dispense medical advice – that's when it's best to point them towards licensed therapists or mental health hotlines (sometimes a lifeline in rough seas, you know?).

There might be a way to create a niche for yourself by catering to folks who need a listening ear before they're ready to dive into therapy.

Edited by welldeborahdoin
  • Like 2