Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

5 hours ago, ch6k0r said:

True! I always asked and thought the same thing, most people just leave the public review and a tip when they are satisfied, some even thank me seconds later in direct messages, but a private 24 hours later review? I really doubt they have the time to do so after all the other reviewing/thanking interactions.
Now when it comes to the few unsatisfied customers or the ones that disappear and leave the order to auto-complete, they can surely be back 24 hours later and they are back as heated as they could, resulting in the usual contradiction that we see people complaining about:

Public reviews: 100-98% 5 Stars
Client Satisfaction Score: Strong negative impact (

Thanks to the system only counting the private feedbacks which are not done by those satisfied people who already left a long positive review and won't bother with private feedback (unless we start begging them to do so)

My public reviews and the personal feedback I have received have been phenomenally positive, particularly over the last 12 - 18 months. I simply don't accept nor do I believe the sudden appearance of the 'negative impact' label for customer satisfaction on my best selling gig.

Thankfully I have been able to take my Fiverr portfolio and branch out on other platforms, Fiverr clients who have worked with me in the past and continue to work with me on Fiverr will know the quality of my work and will, I suspect, share in my scepticism of these metrics.

I would strongly suggest that this is the time to start growing your presence elsewhere, if you have been successful whilst battling with these metrics on Fiverr I can absolutely guarantee you will start hitting the higher end work very quickly indeed without them.

• Like 3
  • Support 1

The same scenario happened to me. @leonormiserol 
I fulfilled all the things to be top-rated. Now I am 1st Level. This is demotivating in a way.
I really enjoyed work in fiverr before this new level system introduced.

It would be great if this can be understood, in a simple way, while having all the other deep factors. Everything in fiverr is very simple, a joy to work before this new leveling system introduces.

End of the day I am in stress, thinking what will happen to my level tomorrow.

Edited by samithaworks
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

I would strongly suggest that those sellers still paying for seller plus with this terrible new system in place have a rethink about its value.

The success managers are using these stats to advise and guide you, all based on bad data. 

You are paying for bad advice.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm going to share my experience with this new level system for those who are having the same problem as I had.

Before the new system I was level 2 and was about to reach the top rated.When the new system started, my success score was 6 and I was demoted to level 1. It was very frustrating, my monthly income dropped a lot and I complained in several topics here on the forum about it.

However, even though I was level 1, I continued to receive orders, mostly from repeat customers. After 5 months with a success score stuck at 6, it changed to 7 and I returned to level 2. Less than a week after returning to level 2, the success score changed to 8.

but even returning to level 2 and with a success score of 8, my impressions and clicks didn't change anything, and I'm still between the third and fourth page of the market place exactly where I was when I was level 1.

conclusion: levels are just a badge, they don't make much difference unless you are at level zero as you won't be able to promote gigs.

However, even though I am at level 2 and my success score is 8, my impressions and promoted clicks are still very low.

So if you are level 1 and are receiving orders, don't worry about reaching level 2 as it won't make any difference.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, maia_videos said:

After 5 months with a success score stuck at 6, it changed to 7 and I returned to level 2. Less than a week after returning to level 2, the success score changed to 8.

You are one of the few who could increase his success score. Most sellers who talk about it, decrease or stay at the same score.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

42 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

You are one of the few who could increase his success score. Most sellers who talk about it, decrease or stay at the same score.

Yes, you are right, few have managed to improve their success score. there were around 120 orders delivered with good reviews so that the success score changed from 6 to 7 and then to 8

• Like 3
  • Support 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the confusion continues to grow and determinations continue to seem arbitrary.

I have one gig with a score of 10 and another gig with a score of 4, giving me a Success Score of 6. The 4 gig is my tax gig, where people are routinely unhappy not necessarily with my performance, but with what I have to tell them about their taxes. Usually those are international people who thought they'd have no taxes here in the US. Then they leave me 5 stars publicly and take it out on me in private ratings.  Anyway, I just clarify the picture for you. 

That tax gig was holding steady at 5 until a month ago when a more recent private rating tanked it down to that 4. I know who it was. I lost all visibility on the platform and have had 0 orders on that gig in the past five or six weeks, and it seemed I would be stuck at level 1 forever. Just this moment, with no more orders, the score on that gig bumped up to a 5 and my Success Score with it to a 7 and I'm a level 2 again for the first time since this fakakta new system went into place.

Sure, I understand older reviews are cycling off as time goes by and that changes things, but the review that tanked me to a 4 on that gig was clearly very recent and my score was high enough before that even if I had a bad private rating from a couple years ago (there are no bad public ones), it falling off now would not logically have made this big a difference.

So I put this here to tell you whether it ever makes any sense or not, apparently there is hope.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, mitanimation said:

I reached level 2 almost a year ago. I'm still level 2. Does it just seem illogical to me?

I hate to say this but you might never make it to TRS. It's not guaranteed like the other levels. From what I understand in both the old and new systems, the chance that someone won't make it is bigger than them making it.

I think it's influenced not only by your metrics but a bunch of other things, from competition (are there other TRS sellers in your field?) to the general look and vibe of your profile. 

I can see why people might be confused but it's just how it is. 

That being said, it took me 7-8 months after qualifying in the old systems (which might have been faster than now) so who knows! You might make it soon!

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

I hate to say this but you might never make it to TRS. It's not guaranteed like the other levels. From what I understand in both the old and new systems, the chance that someone won't make it is bigger than them making it.

I think it's influenced not only by your metrics but a bunch of other things, from competition (are there other TRS sellers in your field?) to the general look and vibe of your profile. 

I can see why people might be confused but it's just how it is. 

That being said, it took me 7-8 months after qualifying in the old systems (which might have been faster than now) so who knows! You might make it soon!

The only seller in my area is Top Rated Seller. And I have more sales and positive comments than him, sounds funny right.D

Thank you for your good wishes, keep striving to be better!

Edited by mitanimation

11 months. Still completely and irredeemably tanked. Level 9 TRS. Thanks Fiverr. I want people out there to know that this is a gamble. good luck. try not to get buried. "You can't win if you don't play" It shouldn't be a lottery.  Fiverr does not guarantee a fair marketplace. 

Edited by rudyabel
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, rudyabel said:

11 months. Still completely and irredeemably tanked. Level 9 TRS. Thanks Fiverr. I want people out there to know that this is a gamble. good luck. try not to get buried. "You can't win if you don't play" It shouldn't be a lottery.  Fiverr does not guarantee a fair marketplace. 

I'm 9 months tanked, cancelled Seller Plus last month after realising they have been using this nonsense system to advise me all along.

Fiverr is no longer a platform for serious freelancers, it died in November 2023.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ch6k0r said:

Has anyone managed to fix ''Effective Communication'' on their success score? If so what changes were applied from you?

A huge message at the start of the order seems to have helped me (including regular buyers — I just add a disclaimer at the start for them so they don't feel like they have to read it all) 🙂

• Support 1
  • Insightful 1

My success score has been stuck at 4 for 5 months. I have tried all the tips that Fiverr suggests. Positive feedback, and communication with client during order but nothing is working. It seems this is just a luck-based system. Fiverr itself does not know when it will increase. It should be updated in 1 month so a freelancer can evaluate his/her performance. Fiverr took half a year and still no update in success score. It's time to move to other platforms. 💪

On 9/5/2024 at 2:59 PM, arianelaurent said:

A huge message at the start of the order seems to have helped me (including regular buyers — I just add a disclaimer at the start for them so they don't feel like they have to read it all) 🙂

I see! my first message is always concluded and straight to the point but I suppose we have to make it longer than what we naturally do in a real life work situation.

10 hours ago, designer_umair1 said:

My success score has been stuck at 4 for 5 months. I have tried all the tips that Fiverr suggests. Positive feedback, and communication with client during order but nothing is working. It seems this is just a luck-based system. Fiverr itself does not know when it will increase. It should be updated in 1 month so a freelancer can evaluate his/her performance. Fiverr took half a year and still no update in success score. It's time to move to other platforms. 💪

Same, since the introduction of this system I've tried everything to fix client satisfaction but It won't move and so does the score