Success Score doesn't update?

domenikbrenner

Question

Hi, my current success score is not optimal, and after a few very positive deliveries, it hasn't got any better? I don't actually see the new feedbach on the success score page. I heard for others it was instantly, as soon as they delivered. 

What could be the difference? I do need to see changes soon if I don't want to be demoted, and since my last deliveries were 5 star deliveries with very happy clients, it would be amazing if it would reflect!

• Like 10

11 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, domenikbrenner said:

Hi, my current success score is not optimal, and after a few very positive deliveries, it hasn't got any better? I don't actually see the new feedbach on the success score page. I heard for others it was instantly, as soon as they delivered. 

What could be the difference? I do need to see changes soon if I don't want to be demoted, and since my last deliveries were 5 star deliveries with very happy clients, it would be amazing if it would reflect!

Everyone is in the same boat and none of us knows the answer to this mystery that "how can we improve our success scores" even the articles/threads are not helpful.

Just keep delivering quality work until 14th March 2024. Hopefully till then, your success score will be improved. Good Luck.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Everyone is in the same boat and none of us knows the answer to this mystery that "how can we improve our success scores" even the articles/threads are not helpful.

Just keep delivering quality work until 14th March 2024. Hopefully till then, your success score will be improved. Good Luck.

I loathe the word "hopefully" but I suppose you are right and there is no answer. @Fiverr_Overloards could you please give some clarity? Thanks!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, domenikbrenner said:

I have had 10, 5 star reviews since they changed to the new sysyem and I have no change to my success score. My gig has 548 5-star reviews however my success score is a 4. It does not even make sense. It seems like they are trying to eliminate the high performing sellers on this site. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, emmasuebowtique said:

I have had 10, 5 star reviews since they changed to the new sysyem and I have no change to my success score. My gig has 548 5-star reviews however my success score is a 4. It does not even make sense. It seems like they are trying to eliminate the high performing sellers on this site. 

Very odd.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, emmasuebowtique said:

It seems like they are trying to eliminate the high performing sellers on this site.

I'm struggling to see the advantage for them in this situation. We're contributing significant revenue, yet it feels like our efforts are overlooked. I've received numerous positive reviews, and I'm confident that my clients have also provided positive private feedback many have even messaged me to confirm they've done so after their orders were complete. Given their satisfaction with my service, it's unlikely they've left negative feedback. Despite this, my success score remains at 4 and shows no signs of improvement. I'm at a loss for how to elevate my account further, especially considering my gigs were frequently highlighted as Fiverr's Choice over the last two years, up until October. It's baffling why, despite these achievements, there hasn't been a positive change in my account's standing.

• Like 6

From what I've gathered by reading other discussions, besides your own performance, the algorithm also compares you to other sellers. So, it seems like other sellers of the same category might be doing better than you.

It's an odd way to calculate things but it probably makes business sense for them. However, I find it strange and a bit harsh how they take all your past cancellations into account and penalize you, the seller, for them.

I'm not too happy with this change either.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, jellybeanhusky said:

Given their satisfaction with my service, it's unlikely they've left negative feedback. 

Unfortunately, this is where the catch is!! We rightly assume that humans are honest & consistent and they mean what they say (ie public reviews).🥲

But a few of them aren't and weight of a bad private review can easily outscore multiple good public reviews!!  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jellybeanhusky said:

I'm struggling to see the advantage for them in this situation. We're contributing significant revenue, yet it feels like our efforts are overlooked. I've received numerous positive reviews, and I'm confident that my clients have also provided positive private feedback many have even messaged me to confirm they've done so after their orders were complete. Given their satisfaction with my service, it's unlikely they've left negative feedback. Despite this, my success score remains at 4 and shows no signs of improvement. I'm at a loss for how to elevate my account further, especially considering my gigs were frequently highlighted as Fiverr's Choice over the last two years, up until October. It's baffling why, despite these achievements, there hasn't been a positive change in my account's standing.

Exactly. I am in the same exact spot. I was also getting numerous Fiverrs choice orders and they just stopped in October. I also have a success score of 4. My sales are much slower than usual lately, but even on a slow month I have already cleared $4600 this month. I am not a low performing store by any means, I pay Fiverr at least 1K a month. I have also gotten 10+ customers leave 5 star reviews in the last week and still nothing has changed with my score, one gig even went down from a 7 to a 6. I have one gig with a 9, 2 with a 6 and then 6 gigs with a 4, for a total score of 4. One thing I did was I check my total number of orders vs. number of reviews. I have 1700+ customers, with 1100+ 5 star reviews, so 64% of my customers leave me a 5 star review, the remaining don't leave a review. The math doesn't add up. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, emmasuebowtique said:

Exactly. I am in the same exact spot. I was also getting numerous Fiverrs choice orders and they just stopped in October. I also have a success score of 4. My sales are much slower than usual lately, but even on a slow month I have already cleared $4600 this month. I am not a low performing store by any means, I pay Fiverr at least 1K a month. I have also gotten 10+ customers leave 5 star reviews in the last week and still nothing has changed with my score, one gig even went down from a 7 to a 6. I have one gig with a 9, 2 with a 6 and then 6 gigs with a 4, for a total score of 4. One thing I did was I check my total number of orders vs. number of reviews. I have 1700+ customers, with 1100+ 5 star reviews, so 64% of my customers leave me a 5 star review, the remaining don't leave a review. The math doesn't add up. 

When this first came out I was so happy that we finally get more insight, turns out, it's not really clear how any of this works. Seems like they make up a huge fake wall here to "satisfy" the sellers, but don't want to give an actual insight (for whatever reason)?

I am just basing this on the fact that it doesn't seem to add up. When I first posted, I just thought the rating is lagging behind. Some clients were unsatisfied even if I didn't exactly do anything wrong, they just didn't like the output from my research or whatever (can't find data that isn't there). It never crossed my mind that you could have a very successful business with so many very happy clients, and still get low scores.

This just has to change. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, domenikbrenner said:

When this first came out I was so happy that we finally get more insight, turns out, it's not really clear how any of this works. Seems like they make up a huge fake wall here to "satisfy" the sellers, but don't want to give an actual insight (for whatever reason)?

I am just basing this on the fact that it doesn't seem to add up. When I first posted, I just thought the rating is lagging behind. Some clients were unsatisfied even if I didn't exactly do anything wrong, they just didn't like the output from my research or whatever (can't find data that isn't there). It never crossed my mind that you could have a very successful business with so many very happy clients, and still get low scores.

This just has to change. 

Yes something definitely needs to change. I have a pretty successful business on here. These are my reviews I have got just in the last 24 hours.  Yet I have a success rate of a 4. Its insanity. 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 5.56.16 PM.png

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 3:41 PM, emmasuebowtique said:

Me too! I’ve had around 10 orders completed with 5 star reviews since 2/14 and my score hasn’t budged at all. Every time an order is complete, I check my score hoping to see it has gone up, but NOPE! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1