New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Hi! So, I am new to Fiverr and I have been getting a lot of email scams. But I got this "order" from an account that has been active since 2015, and I don't know if it is legit... can someone help me please? it appears like she has already made a payment, and I foolishly clocked on the link and it looked legit, but I am not sure. I have locked my card just in case, in the meanwhile.

I don't know how payments work in Fiverr...

Screenshot 2024-10-06 1.12.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-06 1.10.47 PM.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lanifantasy_04 said:

But I got this "order" from an account that has been active since 2015, and I don't know if it is legit... can someone help me please?

It's a scam, a fake screen. Don't click or use the link.

Report the message.

If you have a real order it will show in your normal Fiverr dashboard. Fiverr doesn't need sellers to enter their card info to work on an order. Any QR codes sent to your inbox for things like that or links to enter payment info to your inbox is a scam. Also don't give your email address out.

There's no need to "confirm orders".

If the member's account is from 2015 and they have multiple reviews their account might have been hacked.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

as a first timer, i was fooled by the scammer ANNA. i went through everything to get my payments but got stuck because it said that i need at least $300 in my bank account to be able to get the payment from ANNA. well, too bad for them, i don't keep my money in that particular bank. i only use it to receive money. i'm worried now though, can the scammers access my money in it after this? should i just cancel the account?

• Like 7

Hi! I have a potential buyer asking me for my email to proceed with the payment. I don't know if it is normal? I feel like it is not normal but since I am new on Fiverr I am not sure...

Thanks in advance for your answer!

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, manuelasimon said:

Hi! I have a potential buyer asking me for my email to proceed with the payment. I don't know if it is normal? I feel like it is not normal but since I am new on Fiverr I am not sure...

Thanks in advance for your answer!

You have been approached by a scammer.

Fiverr or an authentic buyer would never ask for your email. Please report and block the sender. 

• Like 8

I have been approached by a scammer in the same way, and it's because I have no money the reason I'm saved. I put my card information (a card with 2 usd) and they told me in the support that in the card I sould have at least 250 usd.

I was talking with other persons and they told me it was a scam, I was trying to protect me of this but I'm new on this 😞

I feel very bad because at the moment they "need" the CVV I should have known it was a scam.

I reported but his account was new

Edited by jazmin_arce
  • Like 5

Be aware of these kind of links, I also got these multiple time and my was hacked also about a month ago. Just hope for the best Fiverr security is not that much strong so careful in that case. Verification codes, card enter etc. these are same like fiverr page designed by hackers. Just ignore these because fiverr never want verification code etc. Good Luck

• Like 2

Hi all, please hear out this story: -

I'm completely new to freelancing. I just took it up as a side hustle to make some extra money. I have 2 years of working experience and I aim to impress my customers.

Within three days of making my profile, I got a message from a user that said this: - (Not sharing the actual screenshot yet because I still have no idea what happened and I do not want to reveal much about the customer)

"Hі! I wаnt to рurсhase уour gig but уоu havе рroblеm, tо stаrt my rеquеst рIeasе рrovide ur E_-_mаiI to me pIеasе."

My gut told me to be careful so I sent them the email that I had created for fiverr.com work reasons only.

I received an email which had a "Confirm the Transaction" button which lead to a link 

Which redirected to something like this: - 

The website looked legit, never asked much except mode of payment where I selected my debit card. After that, a chat window opened asking for a pin code which had been sent to my email. They also asked for my postal code, which I provided. They also had my phone number and were able to send OTPS to my primary email address.

An email came from my bank stating that an OTP has been obtained for transaction to a website  I was in a hurry to get started with my client as I had read that clients were rare. So I skipped checking that link, which was a link where we could buy and sell CS:GO crates. 

I had transactional limits set, which I removed just barely to let this transaction pass. The first transaction failed because of this.

Within seconds, 100 USD was deducted from my account, and the chat window kept insisting that it will be returned "in a few days". They kept asking for a screenshot of my bank emails. I didn't send them that.

I am still unaware of whether this is a scam or not and how a professional website such as this would allow a new user like me to just get fooled like this.

• Like 2

@vivek_vijay541, I can't approve your post, but yes, that's a scam.

I was in a hurry to get started with my client as I had read that clients were rare. So I skipped checking that link

"Clients are rare" depends on what service you are offering, how much competition you have, and how good your portfolio (gig images) of past work is. Scammers prey on people who are desperate.

I am still unaware of whether this is a scam or not and how a professional website such as this would allow a new user like me to just get fooled like this.

Fiverr can only do so much. Scammers adapt their strategy just as fast as any place can identify and patch holes in their security. You have to take some responsibility for your own safety and security. That's part of being a freelancer: self-education and staying up to date with threats. 

• Like 2