Review and ratings removed

I have done some work as a seller and received a great review.

The buyer later closed his account and both my ratings and review were gone. That sounds unfair and not something that happens on other platforms. My review to him is still visible. 

If a buyer closes his/her account, the review and ratings can still stay, even if the buyer's user name can now be masked or shown as "account closed" or something like that.

Fiverr buyers review.jpg

26 minutes ago, navid_zafar said:

Did you approach Fiverr support?

Yes. They weren't able to help me but made it clear that the only problem is that the buyer left this platform.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:31 PM, haephrati2020 said:

Yes. They weren't able to help me but made it clear that the only problem is that the buyer left this platform.

Was there a refund involved or did the buyer ask for a chargeback? Or you still got paid for the order?

• Like 10

16 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Was there a refund involved or did the buyer ask for a chargeback? Or you still got paid for the order?

No chargeback. I was told by Fiverr support that I have done excellent work and I'll get paid. 

21 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can see him too.

If Fiverr said they will reimburse you, that's great.

They won't. He made the payment and just asked to remove his review or maybe Fiverr did. Not sure.

Many buyers do not want anyone to know what they purchase and from whom they buy it. In your case, you have very high-value gigs, and the buyer may not want anyone to know how much he spends on the Fiverr platform. I think it was a matter of privacy for the buyer to have his review removed.  

• Like 7
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, milos_siena said:

Hi there,

He did ask for a review removal. Also, as support told you, he left the platform - the reason I cannot share it here. Do not worry that your money is endangered in any way.

I was told the reason for his request and unfortunately I can't share it here, but its not a valid reason and I am waiting for Fiverr management to fix it and put the review back. 

19 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Many buyers do not want anyone to know what they purchase and from whom they buy it. In your case, you have very high-value gigs, and the buyer may not want anyone to know how much he spends on the Fiverr platform. I think it was a matter of privacy for the buyer to have his review removed.  

I know. I am a Pro buyer myself, but all you can see is some buyer's user name, and if it was a matter of privacy, Fiverr should mask the name but leave the review and especially the 5 stars ratings.

I got paid for this gig ($4,000 after the 20% Fiverr takes). I can now tell what happened. Fiverr support refused to give me this reason and just wrote that the review was removed and that they can't tell me the reason. Only a Fiverr executive whom I know, gave me the details. Once I knew the details, Fiverr support confirmed them, so I am now OK sharing them with you.

The buyer hired me based on my profile, being a US Pro seller. I live in New York and I am indeed a US seller.

He then saw my Linked In profile where it says "Israel" and didn't like it. I am originally from Israel and lived there until 10 years ago.

I argue that Fiverr support made a mistake removing the review and rating following the buyer's request because the buyer claim as if he hired a US seller and didn't get what he paid for isn't true. I am a US seller. If he is worried about my origin, that's racism and Fiverr don't allow discrimination based on nationality, religion or sex. I opened a new support ticket and am waiting. This order was delivered 7 days early and right now my Analytics are wiered because it shows 1 successful order but no ratings.

Edited by haephrati2020

• 1 month later...

It turns out that a buyer can request a review and ratings to be remved for any reason or for no reason at all.