I have an old account, old reviews 4 years ago affecting my rating, should I start fresh?

I was doing part time on fiverr and due to my scheduling I wasn't able to deliver and got three 1 star reviews. even I worked hard to get good reviews, the overall rating is still 4.6. Comparing to all others has either 5 or 4.9 it's quite not nice looking. However, I do get orders still, but it affects me to ever get badges for top rated.

I have lots connections with my current account, and all good reviews from recent gigs. 

Should I start a new account? Thank you

• Like 7

I think it is much harder to start new. It feels like you are benefiting from having an established account. If you have 1-2 (10) bad reviews, that can be balanced by hundreds of 5-star reviews. If you are new, it will take years until you build up credibility, (=work for cheap) IF you are getting new orders. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, yukiedong said:

I wasn't able to deliver and got three 1 star reviews.

Actually the three 1-star reviews (due to "Cancelled order. Seller failed to deliver on time!") - are actually the BEST 1-star reviews you can get. You don't have 1-star reviews from actual buyers saying that your performance is subpar. I see many Top-Rated Sellers who have the same type of 1-star reviews that you have. That didn't hold them back.

1 hour ago, fogi said:

I think it is much harder to start new. It feels like you are benefiting from having an established account. If you have 1-2 (10) bad reviews, that can be balanced by hundreds of 5-star reviews.

I agree with @fogi - You have a good account with a 4.6-star review average. This is not bad at all. Especially since you have 35 reviews on your account.

1 hour ago, fogi said:

If you are new, it will take years until you build up credibility, (=work for cheap) IF you are getting new orders. 

@yukiedong, You aren't new - so you don't have to take years to build up your credibility or work for cheap. You have a seasoned account from 2015 and over 10 years of experience as an anime VO artist. Don't short-sell yourself or your skills. You don't need to compete with the $5 sellers. You could make your gigs look more professional (make it look like a premium service through images, demo reels, gig descriptions, and more) and increase your prices (you can do this slowly if you want but you don't have to). You've got the skills and the service to back it up. Right now, you're gaining momentum with your orders and it may seem slow right now, but your buyers are happy and this will help you to get more orders, either through repeat buyers or new buyers who read these reviews.

• Like 9

The review itself won't harm you. The actual issue is your not responding to it.

image.png.80042abfde580567e7933215a6fe2709.png

This was one of my first reviews, and it left my business plan gig with an average of 3 stars for quite some time. Although this gig now has a rating of 4.8 and has since been "retired," this single 2.3 star review was followed by 11 five-star reviews.

I believe that if you provide a reasonable response to the review, people will be fair and consider its context. That's what I was counting on when I responded the way I did. There was no need for me to lie or anything.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 8