Upcoming Changes to Forum Ranks and Badges

Kesha

I believe there must have a solid contribution. Only react, thank you, congratulations won't be effective.

How about if you make rules like there must be a solid post or comment with certain words count or sentence count. Because anyone can achieve points by just saying thank you, congratulations etc. 

Better way, you can set some character or word limit for posting to get the point. Also there must be some rules for spamming behaviour.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 36
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Kesha - Will there be any changes to the post limit (and will private messages continue to count towards the post limit)? I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

It would also be nice for the private messages not to count towards the post limit. If we do limit the private messages, it can have its own daily limit.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @Kesha - Will there be any changes to the post limit (and will private messages continue to count towards the post limit)? I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

It would also be nice for the private messages not to count towards the post limit. If we do limit the private messages, it can have its own daily limit.

This is the best idea sure. I think there should not have any post limit. May be they can limit the word or character limit or award less point. But still post is effective than react.

• Like 26
  • Up 2

On 1/22/2024 at 4:15 AM, vickieito said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We just upped the limit to 10 posts. Plus, we will continue to explore more ways to have a generous posting limit, while also minimizing spam. 

• Like 31
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Great @Kesha Thanks.

I have another suggestion. In Fiverr some categories have different gig showing. Like writing in the first and image at the last. That type of gig really not charming at all. There also not possible to see how many order pending.

Will these update stay longer or that type of gig will change to previous gig display.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Is it considered spam when a user continually posts one or two emojis without saying anything? 

Yes. That's why it isn't the best idea to give everyone this: ⬇️

On 1/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, Kesha said:

We just upped the limit to 10 posts.

I was only mentioning regulars on the forum who proved that they were valuable contributors to the forum:

On 1/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, vickieito said:

I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

I wouldn't mind if new users were limited to 3-posts a day for two weeks, 5-posts a day for 3 months, 10-post-a-day after 6 months, and unlimited after a year (and only if they are in good standing on the forum without any warnings, or very few warnings).

• Like 25
  • Up 4

14 hours ago, webcut said:

Great @Kesha Thanks.

I have another suggestion. In Fiverr some categories have different gig showing. Like writing in the first and image at the last. That type of gig really not charming at all. There also not possible to see how many order pending.

Will these update stay longer or that type of gig will change to previous gig display.

Hi! I would love to answer your question but will need a better idea of what you are referring to. Feel free to send me a message with a screenshot of your issue. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 4:02 AM, webcut said:

I believe there must have a solid contribution. Only react, thank you, congratulations won't be effective.

How about if you make rules like there must be a solid post or comment with certain words count or sentence count. Because anyone can achieve points by just saying thank you, congratulations etc. 

Better way, you can set some character or word limit for posting to get the point. Also there must be some rules for spamming behaviour.

Thanks 🙂

I think so, as you have described in your post. Not only thanks, like emojis and congratulations can be effective but also you should write  . If anyone writes their own opinions into quotes, it can be very beneficial for their forum contribution. Thanks a lot for your valuable articles.

• Like 20

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 2:26 AM, Kesha said:

Thanks for all the valuable feedback, everyone. Of course, our goal is to make badges valuable to all users and it's not in our intention to promote or reward spammy content. Before launching, we will make adjustments based on your suggestions.

You are most welcome @Kesha

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 4:41 AM, Kesha said:

As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance the forum, we are planning updates to ranks and badges and would love your feedback before we start this next change. 

First off, we will be condensing the ranks to enhance their significance and manageability. The new ranking system will include five ranks: Newbie, Rising Star, Experienced, Mentor, and Veteran.

The exact amount of points required for each rank is still being determined, but we would like to note that after we implement the changes, you will notice your ranking adjust accordingly.

Additionally, we plan to simplify the amount of available badges, so that users will be able to earn the following badges: 

• First Post- Awarded upon a user's first thread creation. 
  • Well Followed- Awarded when a user gains at least 15 followers.
  • Conversation Starter- Awarded to users who start five or more threads. 
  • Dedicated- Awarded to users who start at least 20 threads.
  • Posting Machine- Awarded to users who start at least 50 threads.
  • Very Popular- Awarded to users who receive 25 comments or more on a thread they've started.
  • Active Contributor- Awarded to users who post at least 30 comments.

These badges will be automatically granted when users meet the specified requirements. Additionally, moderators will be able to manually award badges such as Community Champion, Best Answer, and Most Valuable Feedback.

Plus, to ensure only factual information is being disseminated throughout the forum, moderators will begin correcting inaccurate posts and then marking them with a Fiverr Official Edit” icon. 

These changes aim to create a more enjoyable and user-friendly forum. We welcome your thoughts on these upcoming adjustments!

I'm glad you found the post helpful! I thoroughly read through it myself and found the Fiverr update particularly interesting. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 10

On 1/19/2024 at 4:02 AM, webcut said:

Thanks 🙂

Thank you

• Like 7

On 1/13/2024 at 4:41 AM, Kesha said:

As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance the forum, we are planning updates to ranks and badges and would love your feedback before we start this next change. 

First off, we will be condensing the ranks to enhance their significance and manageability. The new ranking system will include five ranks: Newbie, Rising Star, Experienced, Mentor, and Veteran.

The exact amount of points required for each rank is still being determined, but we would like to note that after we implement the changes, you will notice your ranking adjust accordingly.

Additionally, we plan to simplify the amount of available badges, so that users will be able to earn the following badges: 

• First Post- Awarded upon a user's first thread creation. 
  • Well Followed- Awarded when a user gains at least 15 followers.
  • Conversation Starter- Awarded to users who start five or more threads. 
  • Dedicated- Awarded to users who start at least 20 threads.
  • Posting Machine- Awarded to users who start at least 50 threads.
  • Very Popular- Awarded to users who receive 25 comments or more on a thread they've started.
  • Active Contributor- Awarded to users who post at least 30 comments.

These badges will be automatically granted when users meet the specified requirements. Additionally, moderators will be able to manually award badges such as Community Champion, Best Answer, and Most Valuable Feedback.

Plus, to ensure only factual information is being disseminated throughout the forum, moderators will begin correcting inaccurate posts and then marking them with a Fiverr Official Edit” icon. 

These changes aim to create a more enjoyable and user-friendly forum. We welcome your thoughts on these upcoming adjustments!

Great Initiative As far I concern 🫡

• Like 7