Well, I see it is getting unfair and harder to survive on Fiverr.

There are a lot of new sellers for whom alghoritms sacrifice old sellers. There are a lot of seller who works for extremely low price and they are from Asia. So for people like us, Fiverr is becoming totally side hustle income where you can earn just for your utility fees (sometimes you even can't if you don't have a returning buyer). I think Fiverr can start working on pricing policy, otherwise everthything will go out of hand. It is just my opinion. Being 5 y.o seller on Fiverr, I have been extremely dissappointed about Fiverr lately.. Seller Plus subscription is not effective at all as well. The only benefit I see - 7 days cleaning time. 

Team Fiverr, please, review your policy, rules, and the most important - alghoritms, they suck unfortunately.. I believe, there are a lot of unfair stuff around.

Thanks! 

Edited by anaraliyev
  • Like 19
  • Up 1

I'm just trying to hang around for my ten-year anniversary, which is next month. I'm going to adjust my gigs to higher prices, so in a way I'll be taking a break as no one is going to want to pay those higher rates. But I don't want to pause my gigs either, in case I change my mind. I know it's hard getting your account back if you pause your gigs for too long. It's best to have other gigs on the go with other companies. I earn the majority of my income elsewhere now. It's sad that Fiverr CEO and board of directors doesn't really care about us and downgrades those of us who have been here for years. They don't even care about earning income anymore. They've lost out on tons of income from me because of this, so I imagine they've lost out on millions of dollars from other sellers who have given up here too.

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1

17 hours ago, meldawn9 said:

I'm just trying to hang around for my ten-year anniversary, which is next month. I'm going to adjust my gigs to higher prices, so in a way I'll be taking a break as no one is going to want to pay those higher rates. But I don't want to pause my gigs either, in case I change my mind. I know it's hard getting your account back if you pause your gigs for too long. It's best to have other gigs on the go with other companies. I earn the majority of my income elsewhere now. It's sad that Fiverr CEO and board of directors doesn't really care about us and downgrades those of us who have been here for years. They don't even care about earning income anymore. They've lost out on tons of income from me because of this, so I imagine they've lost out on millions of dollars from other sellers who have given up here too.

You got what I meant! Exactly, that is very dissappointing. I hope they will take action soon. 

But you have a really big experience in writing articles, stories, so you can continue improving yourself and promote yourself not only here. I am going to do the same relying on my experience. In past I really felt very rich working on Fiverr when I was 19-22 and earned a lot of 5 stars and returning buyers. I was getting tons of orders. But now, as 24 y.o guy, I have more expenses and less orders... there are plenty of sellers who has no experience and work just by luck who really just interfere us rather than compete with their funny prices.. 

• Like 14
  • Up 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:42 PM, anaraliyev said:

There are a lot of new sellers for whom alghoritms sacrifice old sellers. There are a lot of seller who works for extremely low price and they are from Asia. So for people like us, Fiverr is becoming totally side hustle income where you can earn just for your utility fees (sometimes you even can't if you don't have a returning buyer). I think Fiverr can start working on pricing policy, otherwise everthything will go out of hand. It is just my opinion. Being 5 y.o seller on Fiverr, I have been extremely dissappointed about Fiverr lately.. Seller Plus subscription is not effective at all as well. The only benefit I see - 7 days cleaning time. 

Team Fiverr, please, review your policy, rules, and the most important - alghoritms, they suck unfortunately.. I believe, there are a lot of unfair stuff around.

Thanks! 

honestly, with the removal of buyer request section, I hardly get gigs, I once had a return buyer who needed a quote for a complex 10 page Figma design conversion to HTML, I sent a quote and to my surprise buyer declined the offer saying he found someone to do it for $30, I was like what!! 

• Like 15

Fiverr sales are the slowest I've ever seen. Everybody wants a big discount. When I look at who buyers have bought from recently, it's from sellers who offer everything for $5 to $20.  There was a major drop off of sales in December. My guess is worldwide high prices combined with holiday expenses kept lots of buyers on the sidelines. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 6:00 PM, meldawn9 said:

I totally agree with you and i am thinking of doing the same

• Like 13
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, fastadking said:

Fiverr sales are the slowest I've ever seen. Everybody wants a big discount. When I look at who buyers have bought from recently, it's from sellers who offer everything for $5 to $20.  There was a major drop off of sales in December. My guess is worldwide high prices combined with holiday expenses kept lots of buyers on the sidelines. 

Yes, sales have been slow. But the less expensive sector is not doing that well either. Sure, there are some sales, but there aren't as many as they used to be. And as you said, buyers are very picky, they add extra stuff to the work, etc. And with Fiverr's new rules regarding cancellation reviews or the new review system, a lot of sellers are worried that even a single order gone wrong can destroy their account. 

• Like 13
  • Up 2

On 1/4/2024 at 2:00 AM, meldawn9 said:

They've lost out on tons of income from me because of this, so I imagine they've lost out on millions of dollars from other sellers who have given up here too.

I am a writer too, and the main issue in 2023 was AI. That ate up a LOT of the market, since many buyers decided to just use AI because it's cheaper. So that's one of the main reasons why sales are slower. It is what it is honestly, as you said we need to adapt. I am curious what platform you focused on though.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1