Unjustified Order Cancellation

fezanhassan

Hello Fiverr community,

Is there any expert here who can help me?

This morning, I received an email from Fiverr regarding order cancellation, which surprised me as the order was worth $600 and was already completed three months ago. What happens is that a buyer comes back after 2 to 3 months, requests additional work, small changes without extra charges, and insists on completing it without paying extra, even though it was not part of the original project scope. Today, I received a refund from Fiverr. It's not fair for every buyer to come back after the work is completed and ask for a refund, saying they don't like the work or requesting additional tasks.

I recently received the Fiverr Choice badge. If I didn't deliver good work, why did I get the Fiverr Choice badge?

Now, how can I get my payment refunded? I have already opened a ticket, and I have all the chat records related to the work.

#fiverr #fiverrsupport, please take an in-depth look at this issue and resolve it. It's a significant loss for me and my team.

• Like 10
  • Sad 7

9 minutes ago, fezanhassan said:

Today, I received a refund from Fiverr. It's not fair for every buyer to come back after the work is completed and ask for a refund, saying they don't like the work or requesting additional tasks.

Now, how can I get my payment refunded? I have already opened a ticket, and I have all the chat records related to the work.

Hello too

Check if that buyer's account is still active on Fiverr? If not, then it might be a chargeback.. Else contact Fiverr Support and discuss with them. If your case is strong then they might reimburse you.. You have already opened a ticket so wait for their response.

@milos_siena Please check his case if possible. Thank you

• Like 10

I am waiting for their response. As soon as I receive a reply, I will provide an update. Thank you

10 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Hello too

Check if that buyer's account is still active on Fiverr? If not, then it might be a chargeback.. Else contact Fiverr Support and discuss with them. If your case is strong then they might reimburse you.. You have already opened a ticket so wait for their response.

@milos_siena Please check his case if possible. Thank you

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fezanhassan said:

Hello Fiverr community,

Is there any expert here who can help me?

This morning, I received an email from Fiverr regarding order cancellation, which surprised me as the order was worth $600 and was already completed three months ago. What happens is that a buyer comes back after 2 to 3 months, requests additional work, small changes without extra charges, and insists on completing it without paying extra, even though it was not part of the original project scope. Today, I received a refund from Fiverr. It's not fair for every buyer to come back after the work is completed and ask for a refund, saying they don't like the work or requesting additional tasks.

I recently received the Fiverr Choice badge. If I didn't deliver good work, why did I get the Fiverr Choice badge?

#fiverr #fiverrsupport, please take an in-depth look at this issue and resolve it. It's a significant loss for me and my team.

There's just one thing I don't understand. What kind of refund did you get today, if they decided to cancel the order. Shouldn't the buyer receive the refund then ?

Anyway I contacted the support and will get back to you.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, milos_siena said:

There's just one thing I don't understand. What kind of refund did you get today, if they decided to cancel the order. Shouldn't the buyer receive the refund then ?

Anyway I contacted the support and will get back to you.

I have received this email from Fiverr.

"
I'm Niall and thank you for reaching out, I will gladly explain. The order that you contacted us about xyz was canceled because the buyer opened a chargeback on the order with their payment provider. Fiverr cannot prevent this action and we did not cancel the order from our side.
I can confirm that this has not impacted your account's stats.

Fiverr reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. 

Once the payment provider has reached a decision, you will be automatically notified via email, and there will be no need to contact Customer Support. If the chargeback was won in your favor, the funds will be returned to your Fiverr account, after a standard clearance period. "

Edited by fezanhassan
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, fezanhassan said:

Once the payment provider has reached a decision, you will be automatically notified via email, and there will be no need to contact Customer Support. If the chargeback was won in your favor, the funds will be returned to your Fiverr account, after a standard clearance period. "

Yes, that means you will have to wait for their email else you might have to let it go.. Sorry to hear that.. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, milos_siena said:

You can read this:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010978618-Chargebacks-and-seller-protection

I am very sorry because of this manipulation with this chargeback option. The Fiverr risk team will do their best to win the case for you.

I chose Fiverr because payments are supposed to be secure. If our personal payments are not secure, what is the purpose of deducting a 20% fee from us? I am seriously upset about this and waiting for your prompt response. Thank you.

• Like 8

• 5 weeks later...

hello, that is what is happening to me right now. fiverr sent me a notification that an order I delivered at the beginning of the month was cancelled, where it shows that I delivered the order and the customer gave a good review with 5 stars. now I get that I owe fiverr the cost of the order and that they will deduct it from the money I have on hold.

The truth is that this doesn't seem fair to me because I did the job impeccably, and now the customer has changed his mind and wants a refund, when he said he loved the product and the service. fiverr should not accept this cancellation if everything is correct.

• Like 6

I really don't think so, because if that were the case then any customer would be doing the same thing and we as salespeople would practically be giving away our work.

Now I owe money to Fiverr and to top it all off, the client kept the job.

Just because the client told the bank to give him back the money, I really don't think it's right.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, emsedesing said:

I really don't think so, because if that were the case then any customer would be doing the same thing and we as salespeople would practically be giving away our work

Charge backs are a standard part of online processing. I've worked in ecommerce for over 20 years and have seen chargebacks for the most stupid of reasons. They give the business a chance to contest it, which is worth it when you're a small business but for a large business like Amazon, Fiverr and the like they won't contest it but they usually have some automated process to "punish" the person doing the chargeback (for example, if you chargeback Apple or Amazon, they will shut down your entire account and you lose access to any digital content you have with them).

You can read more about chargebacks here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

Incidently, while reading this I discovered there is a name for what you have experienced. It's called "friendly fraud"

Chargeback fraud, also known as friendly fraud, cyber shoplifting or liar-buyer fraudoccurs when a consumer makes an online shopping purchase with their own credit card, and then requests a chargeback from the issuing bank after receiving the purchased goods or services. Once approved, the chargeback cancels the financial transaction, and the consumer receives a refund of the money they spent Dependent on the payment method used, the merchant can be accountable when a chargeback occurs

• Like 6

On 1/25/2024 at 11:29 AM, analytics_rokon said:

Contact with Proof but you should do it early when you receive the mail from Fiverr.

This is true. Contact SC and attach the work you delivered. I have done this many times and they have always credited the funds back to my account. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...