Unlimited Revisions in Limited Revision Order.

saimii

Hello 
When We start the order, In the Invoice, We select some number of revisions, let's say 5. 
But When we deliver the order, Buyer can ask for revisions unlimited time when They should be only allowed to 5. 
If there is no limit and Buyer keep on saying for revisions even if his Work scope is already covered. How we can stop this?
You deliver the order, He will be back after 2-3 days, click on 'Revisions' , add any new task and repeat. 
What is the way to avoid this? Only Cancellation? or do everything because they will leave negative Review which is blackmailing. 

• Like 31
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, saimii said:

Hello 
When We start the order, In the Invoice, We select some number of revisions, let's say 5. 
But When we deliver the order, Buyer can ask for revisions unlimited time when They should be only allowed to 5. 
If there is no limit and Buyer keep on saying for revisions even if his Work scope is already covered. How we can stop this?
You deliver the order, He will be back after 2-3 days, click on 'Revisions' , add any new task and repeat. 
What is the way to avoid this? Only Cancellation? or do everything because they will leave negative Review which is blackmailing. 

If I'm not wrong this problem happens with every single freelancer for now I didn't see anything to do with that problem but if freelancers tell Fiverr via Fiverr Customer Support I hope they will solve the problem soon for now you can increase your service quality as much as you can that's my opinion.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, saimii said:

I don't know why this is hard to understand.  That means they get 5 for free, and then you charge them for additional revisions after that.  Notice that the word "FREE" is nowhere on the button that says "Request Revision."

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 26
  • Up 4

7 hours ago, newsmike said:

I don't know why this is hard to understand.  That means they get 5 for free, and then you charge them for additional revisions after that.  Notice that the word "FREE" is nowhere on the button that says "Request Revision."

OK, If you are on a point where You have delivered it after 5th revision and they ask for the 6th , 7th time. You said its going to be charge separately and they don't accept it. What is the solution then? Customor Support to complete the order automatically? NO. 
What will you do? Deliver it 20th time with no further changes?

• Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I ran also in same problem.

Buyer ordered a gig with one revision included, but now already we are at revision 4 and he still wants extra work done, although I already delivered him, what he ordered.

How oh earth is that even possible? Why does fiverr let the buyers bully the sellers?

Basically we fell in an endless revision loop, and there is no chance of getting out of it of the buyer always clicks on the "revision" button. I never get paid anymore.

Basically, if you are a buyer, you can get any work for free, if you are aware and always click on the revision button. AI generate some mumble description of whats still needed and let it go on endlessly till the seller gives up.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

On 12/20/2023 at 7:37 PM, newsmike said:

Yes you are right, there is no "free" on the button. But the fiverr platform basically lets buyers do exactly this. Just click on the button and never pay the seller.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, gxurma said:

Yes you are right, there is no "free" on the button. But the fiverr platform basically lets buyers do exactly this. Just click on the button and never pay the seller.

No, you are really looking at this incorrectly.  Imagine you were a buyer. You had something made, let's say a logo. It came with 2 revisions, and you have used both of them, but you still need some additional work done on it to make it perfect.  Are you saying that the buyer should not be able to ask for more?  Of course they need to be able to buy as many as they need to get what they want.  Fiverr expects you to be able to have conversations about what if included, and what is available for purchase.  Just like every restaurant or business in the world, you can always ask for more, and it makes the final bill go up.   I am firmly convinced that this is only a problem for people too afraid to tell buyers that it costs extra.  Honestly, there is no other possible explanation as to how this is even close to being a problem. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 21
  • Up 4

17 hours ago, newsmike said:

No, you are really looking at this incorrectly.  Imagine you were a buyer. You had something made, let's say a logo. It came with 2 revisions, and you have used both of them, but you still need some additional work done on it to make it perfect.  Are you saying that the buyer should not be able to ask for more?  Of course they need to be able to buy as many as they need to get what they want.  Fiverr expects you to be able to have conversations about what if included, and what is available for purchase.  Just like every restaurant or business in the world, you can always ask for more, and it makes the final bill go up.   I am firmly convinced that this is only a problem for people too afraid to tell buyers that it costs extra.  Honestly, there is no other possible explanation as to how this is even close to being a problem. 

Well said, and I agree. When a customer's request for revision exceeds the agreed number of revisions, the seller should apply negotiation skills and ask for payment for the extra revisions. However, Fiverr can also integrate this feature as well when the buyer requests extra revisions, additional charges will be cut from the client. Of course, the seller must set an additional revision charge while creating a gig.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, hedayetsaadi556 said:

Well said, and I agree. When a customer's request for revision exceeds the agreed number of revisions, the seller should apply negotiation skills and ask for payment for the extra revisions. However, Fiverr can also integrate this feature as well when the buyer requests extra revisions, additional charges will be cut from the client. Of course, the seller must set an additional revision charge while creating a gig.

I have always believed that once the revisions included in the order are used up, the text on the button should change to "PURCHASE ADDITIONAL REVISIONS" which would take you to an order page, setting the expectation that there will be payment expected.  

• Like 25

9 hours ago, newsmike said:

I have always believed that once the revisions included in the order are used up, the text on the button should change to "PURCHASE ADDITIONAL REVISIONS" which would take you to an order page, setting the expectation that there will be payment expected.  

This is the most logical solution to this problem.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

This is something that gives pain and disappointment to freelancers. A few months ago I finalized a book of 60k words, and I was so confident about it. Buyer made me re-write it in the first revision, and then he kept asking for revisions. He accepted the order after the 19th revision, and that too after 4 months of putting the order. Every time he came with new revisions. 

I didn't know what to do, and just kept revising. finally, when I told him to cancel the order, he abused saying he would report my profile and all that. 

Just sharing what I have gone through. 

Edited by mikail411
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikail411 said:

This is something that gives pain and disappointment to freelancers. A few months ago I finalized a book of 60k words, and I was so confident about it. Buyer made me re-write it in the first revision, and then he kept asking for revisions. He accepted the order after the 19th revision, and that too after 4 months of putting the order. Every time he came with new revisions. 

I didn't know what to do, and just kept revising. finally, when I told him to cancel the order, he abused saying he would report my profile and all that. 

Just sharing what I have gone through. 

I see your gig comes with 1 revision, why did you do 18 more for free?  You are supposed to charge for each one after the 1st.  You created that nightmare.

• Like 17
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, newsmike said:

why did you do 18 more for free? 

May be just because of being a seller, fearing his profile may get affected and the gig might get deranked. I think buyers will respect the agreed revisions when Fiverr takes care of this issue. Other than that, sellers will always be the victim of the supremacy of buyer.

• Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hedayetsaadi556 said:

Other than that, sellers will always be the victim of the supremacy of buyer.

If they feel the buyer has a supremacy, then that is a defect in the seller's thinking, and perhaps they should work somewhere like a library.  Freelancing requires you to act like a business owner, confident in yourself, and not shaking in fear.   

• Like 17
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, newsmike said:

If they feel the buyer has a supremacy, then that is a defect in the seller's thinking, and perhaps they should work somewhere like a library.  Freelancing requires you to act like a business owner, confident in yourself, and not shaking in fear.   

I showed bravery once, contacted customer support, and they gave preference to the buyer. The order got canceled, and my account was banned for a couple of months for bad behavior with a client blah blah. Maybe I am missing something here, but trust me, sellers are at a disadvantage here, particularly in the case of revisions. 

• Like 14
  • Up 2

48 minutes ago, mikail411 said:

I dont think anyone here has ever charged for revisions.

I can tell you there are many of us who will not work for free. Never, ever. 

44 minutes ago, mikail411 said:

I showed bravery once, contacted customer support, and they gave preference to the buyer. The order got canceled, and my account was banned for a couple of months for bad behavior with a client blah blah. Maybe I am missing something here, but trust me, sellers are at a disadvantage here, particularly in the case of revisions. 

I'm sure you realize that your one example in which CS did not take your side does not demonstrate a trend, or a bias.  If a seller is at a disadvantage it is because of their own interactions, performance and fears.  

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 2

1 hour ago, mikail411 said:

Oh, yes, they have.

I admit that I have done some additional revisions for free, but it wasn't 18, it was 2 at most (and in one or two of those cases, I was merely curious to see how far the buyer would go, and ready to cancel the order if it went too far, just to get rid of them).

• Like 15

2 hours ago, mikail411 said:

There are quite a lot of people that charge for revisions. As an article writer, charging for revisions on an article that's short is obviously not something I would do. But on an ebook that has over 15000 words and the buyer wants to add new chapters or change sections, obviously you would charge for revisions. Same thing is valid when it comes to website creation, voiceover. If it's a small change, I am sure lots of people will just do the modification for free. Yet when you have to spend more than 10-15 minutes on changing something, it's like @newsmikesaid.. people don't work for free. I will close an eye and make a small change, but when you ask for significant revisions that involve quite a bit of extra work, come on..

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

The only solution is that if we are confident in our work,  We should say NO without fearing negative feedback or cancellations and communicate them to order extras (Though there is still a loophole If both parties are just clicking on Revisions/Deliver).  
In fact, Cancellation should not be in mind when you have already covered the work scope. 

I remember, Once one of us wrote a very helpful topic on 'accepting negative feedback instead of cancellation'. 

Two types of people are in discussion. Asians and other from EU/US/CAN. Asians mostly try to avoid negative feedback and accept cancellation and others have the courage to accept it as they would make sure to get paid for the work they have already done. 

This is the reason, there is a difference of opinion. 

• Like 13