Hacker "Deleted" the account and customer support said it's not "associated" with Fiverr!

Guest muhammadabubert

Guest muhammadabubert

Last week someone hacked my account through mobile device app and "Permanently" Deleted my Fiverr account "muhammadabub735". I contacted Fiverr customer support to reactivate the " muhammadabub735". They said this account is not "associated" with Fiverr.

I even told them my email, phone number, old ticket numbers that are concerned with "muhammadabub735", they simply said it's not associated with Fiverr, not even the phone number or older ticket numbers. They told me that once a seller permanently delete it's account, it can't be reactivate. Even they can't retrieve it.

They didn't say that muhammadabub735 is deleted or deactivated, they simply said it's not "associated" with Fiverr, even with provided information. And they said I am welcome to create this new account with this email and keep continuing on Fiverr.

I mean if someone will hack the account through mobile app or someone will accidentally delete it, there is no way to get it back. Even fiverr customer service can't even see if the account username existed on their side. But we are welcome to create new account starting from Zero.

SO BE AWARE GUYS!!! If someone will HACK or you will ACCIDENTALLY delete your account from the mobile app. IT WILL BE GONE **FOREVER**

See how the platform made it easier for hackers:

image.png.c791c9c98d0e4266fe7a8e8c85e76d7f.png

Edited by muhammadabubert

Hey, I posted something related to it a few weeks ago. There is a 'Delete Account' option in the Mobile App.

On desktop, you can only 'deactivate' the account and reactivate it by talking to customer support. But if you want to permanently delete from desktop, you have to ask customer support and provide them all information.

But on mobile app, there is both 'deactivate' and 'delete' options available. A user can permanently delete his/her account without any customer support process. And it will not reactivate.

So yeah, what if someone accidentally delete his/her account or someone got hack you? It's dangerous for sellers, specially high level sellers.

Fiverr should remove this option from app asap.

Here is my post: 

• Like 6
  • Up 4

Every good platform provides this option as part of the user's right to privacy— to permanently delete the account and not keep any info after that. But what's strange here is that you can do it on a mobile app without any 2-step or 3-step verification. I mean they can email and text to confirm. It's crazy to imagine and fiverr must correct this feature.

• Like 7

@fahadtech I agree. On desktop, it's a complete verification process. But on mobile app, there is no verification process, just a few clicks and account gone forever.

On my post I mentioned above, there was also a seller who was talking about the account hack there. And now this another seller posted about this issue.

Fiverr should remove this option from mobile app or make it a complete verification process.

• Like 9
  • Up 1