Facing severe harassment & racial discrimination

abdalaherrjaibi

9 minutes ago, abdalaherrjaibi said:

Facing severe harassment & racial discrimination on @Fiverr by a buyer. Delivered work as agreed, but met with unacceptable personal attacks & racist remarks. Requesting support from #Fiverr. This raises serious concerns about seller safety. #StopRacism #FreelancerRights

0111.png

you should contact direct to costumer support with screen shot and mark his message as inappropriate behavior from chat as well. so I hope fiverr will take restrict action against buyer. and your order will be cancel without harming your account reputation

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

I was recently discriminated against by two sellers who informed me that they do not work with members of the LGBT community nor do they work with any LGBT based designs. He then asked me if I needed any Non LGBT work done so that he didn’t have to cancel my gig. I asked him was this a Fiverr policy or? He responded “No its not a fiverr policy but my own policy” I immediately cancelled the gig and got a credit back

After dealing with him I went to find another seller and was told the same thing. So now here I am wondering, how can FIVERR allow this behavior? Can someone say “I dont work with black people? Or white people” and its ok? Do I need to lead with “Hi! Im Gay! Do you work with us type people?” Just to get some help around here? What is going on FIVERRRRRR?!? I need answers now or you will hear from my lawyer! I have also contacted the BBB in regards to this. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, quereddy said:

I was recently discriminated against by two sellers who informed me that they do not work with members of the LGBT community nor do they work with any LGBT based designs. He then asked me if I needed any Non LGBT work done so that he didn’t have to cancel my gig. I asked him was this a Fiverr policy or? He responded “No its not a fiverr policy but my own policy” I immediately cancelled the gig and got a credit back

After dealing with him I went to find another seller and was told the same thing. So now here I am wondering, how can FIVERR allow this behavior? Can someone say “I dont work with black people? Or white people” and its ok? Do I need to lead with “Hi! Im Gay! Do you work with us type people?” Just to get some help around here? What is going on FIVERRRRRR?!? I need answers now or you will hear from my lawyer! I have also contacted the BBB in regards to this. 

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm assuming it came up because you were asking for lgbt work. Fiverr is a multinational company and has active sellers from a lot of areas in the world where being a member of the lgbt community is something they look down on. Normally I'd just say it's none of their business and you shouldn't bring it up and they shouldn't ask but it's obvious difficult if you're getting lgbt designs. Probably your best bet is just asking if the buyer is okay working on lgbt designs to avoid any headache. Is it graphic design work? If so I'll help you out and keep any questions that aren't design related to myself 😁

• Like 3
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, quereddy said:

I'm sorry about what happened, this is definitely NOT ok. I hope you reported them to the support. 

@Lena Just looping you in here, just in case @quereddy needs help. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, quereddy said:

@quereddy I apologize from the bottom of my heart that you went through such an unpleasant experience. This is definitely not Fiverr policy, we do not support such behavior and are strongly against it. 

You did a good thing by reporting them. Your ticket is open and is being handled by the relevant team. We will reach out to you as soon as we get some new information. Please be patient during this time as we are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries so it might take longer than usual.

I am so sorry once again, but please know that you are not alone. We are a Community for a reason. 

• Like 3